Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2012, 07:16 PM

44 posts, read 43,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Stop trying to spin/deny every poll. GOP strategists - blah, blah, blah. The poll says what it says. The tortured logic of the GOP spinmeisters is both expected and irrelevant.
Uh...that quote came straight from the poll from Des Moines Register. I didnt write it. They basically say the percentages dont matter cause republicans reverse it on election day. Just pointing out your selective filter and spin.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:16 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,839,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_x View Post
You can add me to EdwardA's camp.....along with 53% of the rest of this country.
you go at it with red glasses though, thats why you think itll be a republican runaway. if you take the glasses off and look at the polls and the futures, you would see that your boy isnt looking to hot.

i think he lost the election in the last debate when he said i agree with the president on everything.

you also have no viable, realistic way to 270 when you exclude michigan, pa, and nevada which are essentially democratic safe wins, and ohio(which righties say they can win without)

you also have strong leaning iowa and wisconsin to dems.

you say romney wins them all, i say go to vegas and place a bet you win more money. my bookie has Romney Michigan +450, Pennsylvania +575. you bet a 100 bucks and parlay the two, you win 3612 bucks. yet thats what you say is certain to happen.

you are either nostradamus, or you are wearing red colored glasses.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:20 PM

39,084 posts, read 51,266,875 times
Quote:
Uh...that quote came straight from the poll from Des Moines Register. I didnt write it. They basically say the percentages dont matter cause republicans reverse it on election day. Just pointing out your selective filter and spin.
Whether it is you who said it or you are quoting something you saw in the story, it is not a finding of the poll; it is the GOP in denial mode - empty words of desperation from a losing campaign. IA is going Obama if it hasn't already.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:22 PM

44 posts, read 43,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
you go at it with red glasses though, thats why you think itll be a republican runaway. if you take the glasses off and look at the polls and the futures, you would see that your boy isnt looking to hot.

i think he lost the election in the last debate when he said i agree with the president on everything.

you also have no viable, realistic way to 270 when you exclude michigan, pa, and nevada which are essentially democratic safe wins, and ohio(which righties say they can win without)

you also have strong leaning iowa and wisconsin to dems.

you say romney wins them all, i say go to vegas and place a bet you win more money. my bookie has Romney Michigan +450, Pennsylvania +575. you bet a 100 bucks and parlay the two, you win 3612 bucks. yet thats what you say is certain to happen.

you are either nostradamus, or you are wearing red colored glasses.
No. I dont think Romney wins MI, and probably not PA (although he is close). He will win Ohio, NC, FL, CO, IA, NV and WI

Old 11-03-2012, 07:22 PM

2,856 posts, read 4,625,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It is not a find of the poll; it is the GOP in denial mode. IA is going Obama.
I almost feel sorry for him. He's going to drink his life away Tuesday night.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:23 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,582,122 times
Gallup and Rasmussen are the biggest most right wing polls period Rasmussen has had R Money up by a min of 3 almost the whole time since may even when all other polls had Obama winning

Old 11-03-2012, 07:28 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,546,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
RCP had Obama winning the New Hampshire primary in '08 as did all the polls in its average. Please keep the faith in RCP and Nate Silver maybe it'll make Wednesday morning more bearable for you.
I don't think I have to worry.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:31 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,546,616 times
Quote:
You should clarify your point with this tidbit from the poll:

But GOP strategists expect Election Day voters will be substantially higher in Iowa than this poll forecasts. Historically in Iowa, a higher percentage of Democrats than Republicans participates in early voting, but a higher percentage of Republicans turns out on Election Day. Republican nominee John McCain won more votes than Obama on Election Day in 2008. In his 2004 re-election bid, President George W. Bush also won more votes in Iowa on Election Day and won the state, overcoming Democrat John Kerry’s lead in early voting.

go ahead and put Iowa down as Red.
Good luck with that.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:33 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,839,023 times
Quote:
No. I dont think Romney wins MI, and probably not PA (although he is close). He will win Ohio, NC, FL, CO, IA, NV and WI
thats what i say when i say your not being realistic.

Ohio Romney +220
North Carolina Romney -460
Florida Romney -175
Colorado Romney +140
Iowa Romney +250
Nevada Romney +450
Wisconsin Romney +300

you say romney wins all 7 of those states, 5 of those being underdogs, 4 of the 5 being a decent underdog, and florida being a tiny romney edge. go to vegas and parlay that, place a hundred and youll win 28,000.

realistically you could convince me that romney would win 3 of those. when you start talking about big dog states like nevada, wisconsin, then i know you arnt being serious.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:34 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,151,352 times
Haha, I tore this site up 2 days ago and showed that their projections are MATHMATICALLY IMPOSSIBLE, and here ya go, another left wing kook, posting the exact same link..

[MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-03-2012 at 08:57 PM.. Reason: flaming
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections