Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 07:16 AM

2,986 posts, read 4,580,208 times

Advertisements

lol....

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Pennsylvania: Romney vs. Obama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 07:20 AM

32,119 posts, read 34,767,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMUAlum08 View Post
Basically. He's outside of the margin of error. I don't know why they call it a "Toss Up" considering that nothing's changed in the last week.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:22 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,297,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I live in this state and I still call PA going to Obama. I live in Romneyland, but the Philly suburbs are what's going to decide who gets PA's electoral votes, and I'm predicting Obama will get the Philly suburbanites.
Within Philly, absolutely. New Hope, Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, along the 76 corridor, KoP...chock full of very fickle moderates. Obama would need a 10 point lead to lock in PA.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:23 AM

592 posts, read 502,791 times
I had a right wing TV and radio viewer tell me that "THEY" are saying NJ is also in play. I think they do this to make to make them feel better.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Within Philly, absolutely. New Hope, Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, along the 76 corridor, KoP...chock full of very fickle moderates. Obama would need a 10 point lead to lock in PA.
You're not even from Pennsylvania. What are you talking about? Dems use the same strategy they use every election season...run up the vote tallies in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and the Lehigh Valley. There aren't enough gun-toting, conservative hillbillies to offset those numbers.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:28 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,297,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
You're not even from Pennsylvania. What are you talking about? Dems use the same strategy they use every election season...run up the vote tallies in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and the Lehigh Valley. There aren't enough gun-toting, conservative hillbillies to offset those numbers.
Grew up and worked in Philly and KoP, spent 30 years in that cr@phole area. The only saving grace was Elk Mountain.

Like I said, the Philly 'burbs are full of 500K+ McMansions and full of white upper middle class suburbanites who are relatively independent. Chadds Ford, KoP, New Hope, Bryn Mawr, I know all those regions and partied in Manyunk all the time in my 20s. They don't need to be anywhere near what your Philistine stereotype of Rmoney supporters suggest.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineball View Post
I had a right wing TV and radio viewer tell me that "THEY" are saying NJ is also in play. I think they do this to make to make them feel better.
Yeah right.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Grew up and worked in Philly and KoP, spent 30 years in that cr@phole area. The only saving grace was Elk Mountain.
Well, then you should know that a snowball has a better chance in hell than Romney does in Pennsylvania.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:39 AM

684 posts, read 825,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nineball View Post
Pennsylvania is probably out of reach. New Jersey is fairly out of reach.

Of the states considered tossup, I stand by my earlier assessment: Virginia, Florida, Nevada and Colorado will be taken by Romney. Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan get taken by Obama.

That leaves Iowa, New Hampshire and Ohio to play for.

If I'm right, that leaves Obama with 247 electoral votes, Romney with 263 and 28 votes left to go.

That would mean if Obama takes Ohio, Romney would need both Iowa(Which currently leans Obama's way) and New Hampshire.

On the other hand, if Romney lost New Hampshire and Ohio and took Iowa, that would leave a shocking 269 electoral votes each. If that happens, I will be watching the news very carefully. There would definitely be unrest caused at that point when the winner is declared. Especially if that winner didn't take the popular vote.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
Pennsylvania is probably out of reach. New Jersey is fairly out of reach.

Of the states considered tossup, I stand by my earlier assessment: Virginia, Florida, Nevada and Colorado will be taken by Romney. Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan get taken by Obama.

That leaves Iowa, New Hampshire and Ohio to play for.

If I'm right, that leaves Obama with 247 electoral votes, Romney with 263 and 28 votes left to go.

That would mean if Obama takes Ohio, Romney would need both Iowa(Which currently leans Obama's way) and New Hampshire.

On the other hand, if Romney lost New Hampshire and Ohio and took Iowa, that would leave a shocking 269 electoral votes each. If that happens, I will be watching the news very carefully. There would definitely be unrest caused at that point when the winner is declared. Especially if that winner didn't take the popular vote.
You could make it easy on yourself and look at all available data and trends so far, which is what Nate Silver has done:

Iowa is 73.5% in the bag for Obama. Obama has way more organizers there than Romney and has a huge surge in early voting. Not gonna happen for Romney. Sorry.

Nevada is 72% in the bag for Obama.

Ohio is 71.9% in the bag for Obama.

That's the election right there.

Election Forecasts - FiveThirtyEight Blog - NYTimes.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections