Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 08:33 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,953,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
This thread is insane and funny. My goodness remind me never to trust this site for election predictions.
Funny, I even said in the first page several times Obama was going to win PA. Silly neo-Confederates
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 04:39 AM

275 posts, read 193,348 times
Strange how Obama got every vote in Philadelphia. That sounds fishy. And in western and central pa there were vote Romney and fire Obama signs everywhere.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:15 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,824,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isee-you View Post
Strange how Obama got every vote in Philadelphia. That sounds fishy. And in western and central pa there were vote Romney and fire Obama signs everywhere.
It sounds fishy, indeed.

In fact, it sounds so fishy that you're undoubtedly peddling false information.

[spends a couple minutes googling]

Yep, complete nonsense.
http://www.electionreturns.state.pa....al=0#President of the United States

You know what's really iinteresting? This is a thread about PREDICTING how people in Pennsylvania would vote in 2012 - here it is, 15 months later, and even though we know exactly what happened during that election you're still getting in wrong!

Old 02-15-2014, 04:43 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,954,251 times
It was fun to step back in time and see people making predictions for the 2012 election.

While I don't fancy myself a clairvoyant nor a savvy political pollster I knew the Keystone State would go for Obama. The old stereotype "Philly in the east, the 'Burgh in the west and Alabama in the middle" does not accurately describe PA politics. You see, besides Philly and the 'Burgh there are solid Democratic regions scattered around the state: the Lehigh Valley: Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton (I'm a former Eastonian before moving to Philly); the Wyoming Valley: Scranton, Wilkes Barre, Pittston, Nanticoke; Erie (4th largest city in PA); Harrisburg (the state capital), etc.

Republicans tend to do well on off year elections for local offices, but Democrats fare better in the Presidential races.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:23 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,953,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
It was fun to step back in time and see people making predictions for the 2012 election.

While I don't fancy myself a clairvoyant nor a savvy political pollster I knew the Keystone State would go for Obama. The old stereotype "Philly in the east, the 'Burgh in the west and Alabama in the middle" does not accurately describe PA politics. You see, besides Philly and the 'Burgh there are solid Democratic regions scattered around the state: the Lehigh Valley: Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton (I'm a former Eastonian before moving to Philly); the Wyoming Valley: Scranton, Wilkes Barre, Pittston, Nanticoke; Erie (4th largest city in PA); Harrisburg (the state capital), etc.

Republicans tend to do well on off year elections for local offices, but Democrats fare better in the Presidential races.
Well, hey. I used to live in NEPA before settling in south-central PA. The only people that knew PA was going to go blue are those of us that live here, lol

Old 02-18-2014, 10:12 PM

37 posts, read 43,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

I live in Bama and married a central PA gal. You are DEAD WRONG. Take away Phily and Burgh and a "weak" Romney candidate still wins by 10 points.

Moral of the story is: central PA has sound values just like Alabama. I can vouch for that.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:09 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,211,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Johnson View Post
I live in Bama and married a central PA gal. You are DEAD WRONG. Take away Phily and Burgh and a "weak" Romney candidate still wins by 10 points.

Moral of the story is: central PA has sound values just like Alabama. I can vouch for that.
Are you sure the moral of the story isn't there are more people who live and vote in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh rather than central PA?

Old 02-23-2014, 10:25 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,028,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Are you sure the moral of the story isn't there are more people who live and vote in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh rather than central PA?
The moral is that more people with sound values live in central PA than in Philly or Pittsburgh.

Old 02-23-2014, 11:34 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,211,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The moral is that more people with sound values live in central PA than in Philly or Pittsburgh.
Do you have a map that shows that and how do you gage "morals?" I have been in Philly this weekend and it seems like their are lots of friendly moral people living here, so I think you assessment of morals might be wrong.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:57 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,983,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Johnson View Post

Moral of the story is: .
As always, the majority rules. Population centers carry more weight than the "middle of nowhere" rural sections. As they should, since everybody gets one vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections