Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 11:41 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,957,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
yea, Ohio is the only wildcard.

I have a good read on wisconsin as i live in minnesota and visit wisconsin frequently.

Wisconsin should go blue. Iowa looks like its about to go solid Obama. Nevada looks good now.
I know Colorado is in play, but I have a hard time believing they will go Red. It is such a good state with so many level headed people. Colorado Springs is a problem, but outside of El Paso it is a pretty good state. The only problem is that Colorado Springs has a whole lot of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 11:42 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
While, of course, Ohio is important, there are several ways for Romney to win without Ohio. Several states that were not really supposed to, are trending toward Romney so anything can happen. Most things that are said to 'have to happen' during this election have been sort of disproven. It was said that no Republican nominee had ever been nominated in 30 years or whatever, without winning South Carolina...well, it happened this time around. I was told repeatedly, at least twice a day on this forum alone, that a 'Mormon' would never be the nominee and that the 'south' would never vote for a 'Mormon'. Well, they seem very eager to vote for Mitt Romney everyplace I have been. Never say never folks!

Old 10-19-2012, 11:44 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I know Colorado is in play, but I have a hard time believing they will go Red. It is such a good state with so many level headed people. Colorado Springs is a problem, but outside of El Paso it is a pretty good state. The only problem is that Colorado Springs has a whole lot of people.

Which is exactly why it will go red...lol.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:44 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,839,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
add 36 from Michigan and PA.

Obamas intrade and 538 numbers in Mich and PA are 80+. Look at the RCP polling history of both states. The last time Romney actually was leading in a poll in Michigan was August. In PA even further back.

michigan and pa will both go blue.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:46 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,839,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
While, of course, Ohio is important, there are several ways for Romney to win without Ohio. Several states that were not really supposed to, are trending toward Romney so anything can happen. Most things that are said to 'have to happen' during this election have been sort of disproven. It was said that no Republican nominee had ever been nominated in 30 years or whatever, without winning South Carolina...well, it happened this time around. I was told repeatedly, at least twice a day on this forum alone, that a 'Mormon' would never be the nominee and that the 'south' would never vote for a 'Mormon'. Well, they seem very eager to vote for Mitt Romney everyplace I have been. Never say never folks!

give me a realistic, non koolaid romney fan verion of Romney getting to 270 without Michigan/PA/ and Ohio.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:49 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,957,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Which is exactly why it will go red...lol.
Actually no. Although the population of Colorado Springs is high. The largest population of the state is in the Denver metro area which includes boulder, which vote heavily democrat. The biggest push is going to from hispanic voters in Colorado...and there are a lot. Even in Colorado Springs there are a lot of hispanic voters.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:50 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
You are big on opinion short on facts. The fact is that a 100,000 people voted during that time period in 08. These three days included a weekend, which is important because so many democrats actually work and need the weekend to vote.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/17/us...ohio.html?_r=0
First off, I agree that if one can vote all should be able to vote.

The 100,000 number came from the Obama administration so......If you couldn't vote the 30 days before, you aren't voting.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:52 AM

2,986 posts, read 4,580,208 times
Quote:
give me a realistic, non koolaid romney fan verion of Romney getting to 270 without Michigan/PA/ and Ohio.
i'm interested in her answer as well

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
add 36 from Michigan and PA.

Obamas intrade and 538 numbers in Mich and PA are 80+. Look at the RCP polling history of both states. The last time Romney actually was leading in a poll in Michigan was August. In PA even further back.

michigan and pa will both go blue.
Susquehanna has traditionally shown a much tighter race between Obama and Romney than other polls, in part because it weights its results by party registration. Firms that don't do this tend to over-sample Democrats.

Weighting results in Pennsylvania is particularly important, Lee said, "because we know with a pretty good degree of certainty how many registered Republicans and Democrats are going to show up" on Election Day.

Poll shows Romney leading in blue Pennsylvania | WashingtonExaminer.com

Remember, the polls had the Wisconsin special election as close and it was anything but.

18,665 posts, read 19,983,283 times
Quote:
Romney is not even running ads in Pa. They came from the lips of Joe Scarborough, hardly a lefty. So I must admit, I fail to see a way for Mitt without Ohio, meaning the 150 plus year trend would continue.

So I'd also be curious as to other Romney means to 270, that are realistic, meaning where polls show him CLOSER than his rcp -2.4 situation in Ohio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections