Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 03:08 PM

32,157 posts, read 34,833,561 times

Advertisements

From the conservative Drudge Report:

Quote:
More swing-state voters say President Obama's campaign has contacted them in the past month than have heard from Mitt Romney's campaign, and a new Washington Post-ABC News poll finds Obama leading by a whopping 40 percentage-point margin among voters contacted by an Obama representative. Romney leads by just 16 points among voters reporting contact with his campaign. The two results are indications that even as Mitt Romney's supporters are more enthusiastic than ever, the Obama campaign is winning the hand-to-hand battle of door knocking and phone banking that will be waged all the way to Nov. 6.
Obama's Ground Game Stronger | Drudge Retort
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 03:10 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,977,266 times
A blog post from October 16th?

Threadfail. Again.

And look: Another lie from an Obama supporter! "Drudge Retort" is not "Drudge Report."

Hopefully the mods delete this ridiculous thread. Although, maybe it would be better to keep it around as proof of the total meltdown Obama's cheerleaders are having these days.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:11 PM

32,157 posts, read 34,833,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post

Threadfail. Again.
Not just any blog post. A conservative blog post.

And that was a whole WHOPPING week ago. LOL.

I'm sure Obama's ground game is even stronger after last night's debate performance.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:13 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,977,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Not just any blog post. A conservative blog post.

And that was a whole WHOPPING week ago. LOL.

I'm sure Obama's ground game is even stronger after last night's debate performance.
Ooooh, another lie!

Prove to me that "Drudge Retort" is "a conservative blog post." Thanks in advance. And if it is, why did you refer to it as "Drudge RePort" in the OP?

Old 10-23-2012, 03:14 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,509,923 times
Getting out the vote is where the focus is now, for the campaign organizations. Swing-state residents are geting a bit worn down by the calls, ads, door-knockers, etc. All of that can backfire on a campaign. People like attention, but there's a point when all of that has a declining value.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:17 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,604,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
From the conservative Drudge Report:

Obama's Ground Game Stronger | Drudge Retort
Let's think critically for a moment. Does this really mean that he's losing or could it mean that Obama is spending more time calling people believed to be a part of his base to get them to vote and Romney is calling a wider range of people to sway them? If Obama is calling likely Democrat voters, it would make sense that he would be getting more approval than Romney would casting a wider net.

I don't know if this is the case or not, but we really don't know if this data supports your point or not. It might, but it also may not. It's missing information that would allow any meaningful conclusion.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:31 PM

1,644 posts, read 2,177,432 times
drudgeretort?

hahaha

cute.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:32 PM

389 posts, read 1,220,812 times
This tread is rather misleading at the very least. Drudge Retort is not reflective of Drudge Report or any conservative thinking. I follow them all being the right of Attila the Hun.

If anyone wants to know how this is trending check Intrade. Obama at 56.9% and Romney at 43.1%. Obama still has the money behind him for those who want another four years of him at the helm.

Intrade - Markets

One can skip through all this by simply knowing which way Ohio is going. Romney has to win that almost to a certainty. If he wins Ohio I can see a possible landslide with Romney taking up to 321 electoral votes. If anyone wants to play around with the map, this is the link.

2012 Presidential Election Interactive Map and History of the Electoral College

Old 10-23-2012, 04:05 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,240,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post

Threadfail. Again.

And look: Another lie from an Obama supporter! "Drudge Retort" is not "Drudge Report."

Hopefully the mods delete this ridiculous thread. Although, maybe it would be better to keep it around as proof of the total meltdown Obama's cheerleaders are having these days.
^^^This.

Thanks for the laugh, OP. It's the best one of the day so far!

Old 10-23-2012, 04:12 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,927,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Getting out the vote is where the focus is now, for the campaign organizations. Swing-state residents are geting a bit worn down by the calls, ads, door-knockers, etc. All of that can backfire on a campaign. People like attention, but there's a point when all of that has a declining value.
Agreed, I have actually contacted some campaigns and told them that if they contact me one more time or hang another flyer on my door, I am voting for the other person out of just plain spite.

We seriously need a law that puts a time limit on electioneering. It seems like campaigns are now just on an endlessly repeating cycle. It will only be days after this election is over that the 2016 stuff will get started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections