Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the word "Romnesia" clever or stupid?
Clever 24 38.71%
Stupid & Childish 38 61.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 05:45 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,180,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It's clever. It hits the nail on the head, while displaying a sense of humor.

As for the candidates, Ron Paul is correct in saying it's like picking between Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi.
0bama is throwing stones in a glass house, he made so many promises in '07 and '08 and he forgot to keep many of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 05:51 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,770,897 times
I laughed out loud first time I heard it. Seriously, Romney has been shameless, and he richly deserved it. I could not figure out whether the guy was a complete idiot or assumed we all are. Probably a bit of both.

Like anything else, it loses its luster over time though.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:55 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
0bama is throwing stones in a glass house, he made so many promises in '07 and '08 and he forgot to keep many of them.
Romney is the biggest flip-flopper EVER.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:05 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,962,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
It's nonsense just like the Obama administration.

Exactly. I can't see any humor in it. Childish is more like it.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:12 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
It's like a stupid pet trick. The President won't talk about the economy because he doesn't look so good. Now he talks about a whole bunch of foo-foo things that don't matter. The dumbest is The War On Women. He should talk more about his plan to rob the suburbs of their wealth. Maybe he should talk about how his plans to necessarily make electric costs skyrocket with his war on coal will affect how much the middle class will pay for food and clothing because of pass down costs. That's the real war on middle class women and men.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:44 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,458,165 times
Call it what you may! Obama also has AMNESIA, only remembers what he wishes you to know, which ends up usually being a lie anyway.

Does not have a record to run on, with this latest lying fiasco about 4 dead Americans, high unemployment still, housing i know way too many realtors thruout this Country, so i do know better.

Some areas are still in a slump, and the thousands upon thousands of bank owned properties, foreclosures, pre-foreclosures and repos, are not selling, and flooding the market.

Your in a good area, as i am, good for us, so many areas are still suffering.

When you have done nothing to help our situation out, when promised us the Moon, and the Stars, but delievered us nothing but a Storm, you have to talk about the other guy, cause you got nothing.

Honestly, if you feel the past 4 years have been wonderful beyond imagination, the best 4 years ever spent, your lying.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:45 PM

23,580 posts, read 17,253,889 times
It reminds everyone of the legion of positins obama switched form and the apparent loss of memory of both Obama and the press.

I would love to see an endless loop of Obama reversals play 24/7. Who could believe that such a liar and charlatan would even be in the running for re-election.

Just saw a clip of candidate obama berating Hillary because her healthcare plan called for everyone to purchase healthcare.

then there was the obama who said the increasing national debt is an indication of leadership failure.

On and on in major position changes without a hint of a need to explain the transition.

Of course his switch on gay marriage was an 'evolution of his beliefs'.

Obama's first line weapon is rhetoric. He simply redefines problems to make they disappear. Terrorism for instance. Ft Hood is not an act of terrorism it is workplace violence. One less terroist act on Obama's watch.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:56 PM

24,433 posts, read 23,092,690 times
Maybe he had a full frontal LObamaty.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:49 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,211,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Sure.

Like gay marriage, the debt limit, Bush tax cuts, live broadcasts of health care negotiation, warrantless wiretaps, indefinite detention, rendition, drone attacks, Patriot Act, lobbyists, public campaign financing, etc.

The only thing Obama has been consistent about is lying.
So what do you think that Romney is going to do any differently? Gay marriage is state issue, so that isn't going to matter. The debt limit had to be raised--it was about paying back the money we'd already borrowed vs. voting to borrow more money, and if we hadn't raised it we would have completely trashed the country--we downgraded our credit rating as it was. Both are going to keep the Bush tax cuts, pubic campaign financing will only happen if both the R's and D's in Congress get behind it, I don't know what you mean about live broadcasts of health care negotiations, Romney is a major corporate guy, so lobbyists will be his best buddies, and you're delusional if you think Romney won't keep every bit of the rest of the military issues and ADD to them--my bet is he's going to put us in another war. Almost all of Romney's military advisors are old neocon Bush guys--expect more of that and not less.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:52 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,769,880 times
I love it, like a fat kid loves cake...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections