Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 09:08 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,156,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
The only place that I see saying the election is over is MSNBC. Everyplace else says it's a dead heat.
Agreed, even Fox shows them neck and neck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 09:13 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,931,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thats one of the dumbest predictions I've ever heard..
So when it ends up being right you can tell me how smart I am and how wrong you were.
I am absolutely the kind of person that will tell you, with great enthusiam, that I told you so.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:36 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,941,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I love the desperation coming out of Obama's drones these days.

Say, if the election is a foregone conclusion for Obama, why are you wasting your time on the "Elections" board?

Tell your supervisor at Obama for America that your "talents" would be better spent stuffing envelopes at campaign HQ. You're not persuasive here.
Why are you wasting YOUR time on an Election board? You kind of invalidated your own question, its like people calling someone a loser for visiting a website on that same website

Old 10-25-2012, 10:03 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Every reputable place you can look, you will see that this election is over.
Mitt Romney cannot win. President Obama is going to finish with approximately 330 votes.
Romney is losing in just about every swing state, and he has no chance of winning Ohio.

So what are you guys trying to pull here?

Is this some strange way for you to convince each other to get out the vote by pretending this is close?
It's not close. You closed the gap a little bit when enough people believed that Romney won the first debate.
Even if we pretend that he did win the first debate, VP Biden and President Obama swept the rest of the debate season.

By November 1st we're going to be talking about President Obama opening up a 15 to 20 point lead nationally, and that's when the national polls DO matter, because you won't be winning any swing states other than MAYBE Florida and North Carolina. At that point you might as well just go fishing on November 6th.

Provide a source for these claims and someone on here might actually pay some attention to you instead of laughing at you which I am doing now...lol. Nothing but your Magic Eight Ball has given you any of this in a poll of any kind.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:11 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,931,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Provide a source for these claims and someone on here might actually pay some attention to you instead of laughing at you which I am doing now...lol. Nothing but your Magic Eight Ball has given you any of this in a poll of any kind.
Sure. No problem at all.

Election Forecasts - FiveThirtyEight Blog - NYTimes.com

Romney's chance of winning is now 26.9%, down nearly three points since this time last week.
Granted, they only have President Obama finishing up with 294 EVs, but that's 24 more than he needs!
See the plus signs and minus signs on that page? The plus signs, the ones all over President Obama's side of the chart, and the minus signs all around Romney? That's the momentum you think you have that you don't actually have.

Magic Eight Ball, indeed.
Now I laugh at you.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:39 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,638,046 times

Old 10-25-2012, 10:58 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,690,557 times
Most of the Romney supporters seem like angry, paranoid kooks.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:07 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,690,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Nate Silver's opinion is worthless. He's a paid hack who shills for the Obama administration.
That is utterly preposterous. Nate Silver's reputation is based almost entirely on the accuracy of his forecasts. He's been very accurate in his past predictions. He has nothing to gain by being wrong.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:52 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,732,349 times
I don't know whether Romney can win or not, but I do know that this conservative is pulling for Obama. Never thought I'd say that no matter how many times hell froze over.

But, to be clear, pulling for Obama in this context is akin to preferring a surprise encounter with a coyote than one with a Bengal Tiger. Either should be avoided to the extent possible, but one is a lot more survivable than the other.

Misguided as Obama and his followers are, we can survive and undo his damage even after another 4 years. But the Plutocracy and despicable corporate dishonesty that Romney personifies dwarfs liberal lunacy in the magnitude of its threat to our future freedom and prosperity. You'd think we would have learned.

As least there is some comfort in knowing that the right conservative candidate would be 25 points up on Obama at this point. So at least not everyone is asleep.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:54 AM

20,127 posts, read 16,176,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
I know very few people who don't like others based on their race. Maybe you grew up in a bad neighborhood. Did you happen to pay attention to the polls when Herman Cain was surging?
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What state do you live in?
I have lived in a couple of states, including in the south, and I have met very, very few people who didn't like someone based on their race. True, the few I have met have left a searing impression but judging an entire group of people based on the actions of a few is wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections