Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 06:27 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,931,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Florida and North Carolina won't end in Romney's column.

The South never really liked Romney.

Romney's problems go all the way back to primary's.
The South also never really liked a certain other kind of person that Romney happens to be running against, so that will be a big factor here. I think Romney will probably manage to win Florida and North Carolina. It won't help him one bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 06:27 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,548,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Nate Silver's opinion is worthless. He's a paid hack who shills for the Obama administration.
Stay with that!

Old 10-25-2012, 06:28 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,241,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Nate Silver's opinion is worthless. He's a paid hack who shills for the Obama administration.
Interesting. Who is Rasmussen shilling for? Somebody is obviously paying for that opinon also.

If Nate Silver backed Romney you'd kiss his ass and call it ice cream. Republicans are no more dedicated to the truth than Romney is.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
What are the Romney supporters on this board trying to pull?

I'll tell you what we are trying to pull. We are trying to pull this country out of the depressed state that your buddy Obama got us in over the last four years. If any of you had any sense you would be doing the same thing. Perhaps you would like to see this country become a third world country. Your friend Obama is taking us there at a fast pace.
Nonsense. Jobs reports are looking better and better all the time. Gas prices are going to start to drop. Things are coming around. Your reference to a third world country tells me all I need to know about why you don't like the man. But he is going to win, and in his second term he is going to lead the way as we get our country back to work. I actually did not vote for him the first time, but the more I have seen things for what they are, I realize he is the man for the job. I can't wait to vote for him in November... And there are going to be a lot of us who did not vote for him last time that will be voting for him this time in spite of what you have been told. Add that to the people who will be voting for him again that are not being counted as likely voters just yet, and you don't stand a chance!

Old 10-25-2012, 06:33 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,607,825 times
Cool lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
The South also never really liked a certain other kind of person that Romney happens to be running against, so that will be a big factor here. I think Romney will probably manage to win Florida and North Carolina. It won't help him one bit.
The sittin' home vote hurts Romney...just ask McCain.

At least McCain didn't create a 47%er problem throughout the South.

That honor belongs to Romney.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:38 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,414,668 times
Quote:
Every reputable place you can look, you will see that this election is over.
Mitt Romney cannot win. President Obama is going to finish with approximately 330 votes.
Romney is losing in just about every swing state, and he has no chance of winning Ohio.

So what are you guys trying to pull here?

Is this some strange way for you to convince each other to get out the vote by pretending this is close?
It's not close. You closed the gap a little bit when enough people believed that Romney won the first debate.
Even if we pretend that he did win the first debate, VP Biden and President Obama swept the rest of the debate season.

By November 1st we're going to be talking about President Obama opening up a 15 to 20 point lead nationally, and that's when the national polls DO matter, because you won't be winning any swing states other than MAYBE Florida and North Carolina. At that point you might as well just go fishing on November 6th.
Mr. Content, you would gain valuable perspective by checking out this essay from the New York Times, a prominent liberal pro-Obama rag:

Obama's Aura of Defeat - NYTimes.com

Old 10-25-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
The sittin' home vote hurts Romney...just ask McCain.

At least McCain didn't create a 47%er problem throughout the South.

That honor belongs to Romney.
What's funny is in that video Romney already basically admitted that he is going to lose. He said he would not be able to reach that 47%, which is the only true thing he has said. He left out the part where a huge number of the people in the "53%" also cannot stand him and will never trust him with their vote.

In reality he's looking at about 74% (all of the 47% and roughly half of the rest) that want nothing to do with him... And it's interesting that he also has close to a 74% chance of losing this election!

Old 10-25-2012, 06:41 PM

3,040 posts, read 5,005,375 times
If Obama is re-elected then I hope congress starts impeachment proceedings against him and Biden, for their willful lies and deceit told to the American peoples in regard to Benghazi. Obama, Biden and Clinton should be brought up on criminal charges, to sit a watch this happen and do nothing about it. I could care less who is in office be it Democrat, Republican or otherwise, they should be thrown out of office and prosecuted.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
If Obama is re-elected then I hope congress starts impeachment proceedings against him and Biden, for their willful lies and deceit told to the American peoples in regard to Benghazi. Obama, Biden and Clinton should be brought up on criminal charges, to sit a watch this happen and do nothing about it. I could care less who is in office be it Democrat, Republican or otherwise, they should be thrown out of office and prosecuted.
Dream on... not going to happen.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:43 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,962,148 times
Quote:
Nonsense. Jobs reports are looking better and better all the time. Gas prices are going to start to drop. Things are coming around. Your reference to a third world country tells me all I need to know about why you don't like the man. But he is going to win, and in his second term he is going to lead the way as we get our country back to work. I actually did not vote for him the first time, but the more I have seen things for what they are, I realize he is the man for the job. I can't wait to vote for him in November... And there are going to be a lot of us who did not vote for him last time that will be voting for him this time in spite of what you have been told. Add that to the people who will be voting for him again that are not being counted as likely voters just yet, and you don't stand a chance!

There will also be a lot of people that voted for him the last time that will not vote for him this time. Some people get smarter when they see how little he has done for this country. Others are blinded by ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections