Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 09:30 AM

11,765 posts, read 14,731,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
now thats how to kill a thread.

they got all fired up. you come in with a simple link that confirms its fake, and its over, its done.
As we are seeing, the misinformation underlying the support for Republicans appears to be immune to factual correction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 09:32 AM

9,700 posts, read 5,139,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Unemployment is high, the economy is the worst it's been since the Great Depression. Explain how this is utopia?
That's exactly my point. It's not a utopia. You're saying you want someone to go further down the same path Obama is on, and give MORE to the already successful. How well has that path served us for the last 12 years?

Old 10-29-2012, 09:34 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,374,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
As we are seeing, the misinformation underlying the support for Republicans appears to be immune to factual correction.
And the spinning of Obama supporters continues. No one said they were voting for Romney based on a quote. And the quote still stands and is still true, no matter who said it. The fact is, it WAS widely attributed to Lincoln in his day. The content of the quote is the same, no matter who says it. If something is true, instead of addressing the content, you attack anything else you can about it. Typical.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:35 AM

25,867 posts, read 20,804,252 times
Quote:
My vote isn't based on this quote. But the way Romney thinks agrees with this quote. Okay, what I am reading is that this quote was by someone else, but was widely attributed to Lincoln, and people at the time just went with it and didn't seem to care to change the perception that it was by him. It doesn't matter. It is still a great quote, no matter who said it, and it is TRUE. Everything mentioned in this quote is exactly how Obama goes about things and it doesn't work.

But you just ignore the content and try to deflect by disputing the origin of the quote. It doesn't matter who said it. This thinking is the way Romney thinks, and it's the reason I am voting for Romney. It's exactly the opposite of the way Obama thinks.
Why am I not surprised that a Romney supporter would have no issues with using yet another lie to support his candidacy?

Whatever.

Someday people will realize that revenue is good, that feeding people rather than letting them starve is good, that funding infrastructure repairs is good and that living in a society that cares for all of its citizens rather than just the chosen few is also good.
Y'all just keep on supporting the man who believes that those with the most toys wins.

It's okay. The reasoning behind it is pretty transparent.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:36 AM

39,185 posts, read 51,552,336 times
Quote:
And the spinning of Obama supporters continues. No one said they were voting for Romney based on a quote. And the quote still stands and is still true, no matter who said it. The fact is, it WAS widely attributed to Lincoln in his day. The content of the quote is the same, no matter who says it. If something is true, instead of addressing the content, you attack anything else you can about it. Typical.
Give it up. You made a big mistake posting this. Best to just let it die quietly and not draw any more attention to your error.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:38 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,855,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Corporate profits are at record highs, corporate taxes are near-record lows... please explain why this hasn't created the utopia Republicans promised would happen?
Republicans don't have a problem working to pay for their own way. Democrats are leaches and are an expense to the civilized world.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne
They can't read it, they are too busy trying to get government to steal other peoples money to give to them.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Why am I not surprised that a Romney supporter would have no issues with using yet another lie to support his candidacy?

Whatever.

Someday people will realize that revenue is good, that feeding people rather than letting them starve is good, that funding infrastructure repairs is good and that living in a society that cares for all of its citizens rather than just the chosen few is also good.
Y'all just keep on supporting the man who believes that those with the most toys wins.

It's okay. The reasoning behind it is pretty transparent.
Why am I surprised that yet another poor person wants to tell Americans what is good for the economy.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:42 AM

11,765 posts, read 14,731,929 times
Quote:
If you think a set of maxims published in 1916 was widely attributed to Abraham Lincoln during his life then you are very confused.

If you think that the positions criticized by these maxims accurately describe the policies of President Obama or the Democratic Party you are even more confused.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:50 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,434,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

........Y'all just keep on supporting the man who believes that those with the most toys wins.
But there is only legitimate way I can get more toys on a sustainable basis: become even more valuable to the rest of society, so they will voluntarily purchase more of the goods and services I make available.

Or become a money bundler for Obama, form a green energy scam, and let him give me taxpayer money. Or become a crony and get in on the crony capitalism that both parties have engaged in.

I actually don't really care about stuff, I have plenty, and I don't mind paying taxes--I believe we all need to pay more taxes. (On the Simpson Bowles or Romney plan--lower rates, fewer deduction and loopholes). But I won't sit back and listen to that guy snivel about "paying their fair share" when 10% of us are paying 70% of all federal income taxes collected (a higher fraction of our income than any other group in our present highly progressive tax system), and insult me in other ways, and castigate success, and indebt us past the tipping point so he can spray money around as if from a fire hose.

Buh-bye, $16 trillion dollar man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections