Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 08:09 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,486,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Keeping spewing that b.s. It will help convince women that conservatives like you give a crap about women and their priorities, which happen to also include the economy.
OK,

You explain the difference in support for each candidate from men and women in Virginia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 08:17 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,508,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
OK,

You explain the difference in support for each candidate from men and women in Virginia.
It's not just Virginia...it's the nation. Women support Obama and the Democrats- partly because of the GOP agenda regarding birth control and abortion and the GOP being against the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Bill.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:18 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,659,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
All this says to me is that men in Virginia are more concerned about having jobs than women are.
It might interfere with a job if you're having a baby you never wanted to have.

And having a chronic illness and being unable to get health insurance might also interfere with a job (not to mention your very existence.)

And having government withdraw much of it's support for working families might also enterfere with a job.

I'd say women are very concerned about jobs.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:20 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,614,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
It's not just Virginia...it's the nation. Women support Obama and the Democrats- partly because of the GOP agenda regarding birth control and abortion and the GOP being against the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Bill.
You are wasting your "breath." Yooper thinks that any woman who is not voting for Romney is an ignorant, single-issue voter who gets abortions every other month.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:23 PM

513 posts, read 581,683 times
Polls like this show not only that most modern American women would throw their unborn baby under a bus, but that they would also throw their husbands, sons, brothers, and fathers under a bus for their own sexual gratification. Considering the fact that women are brainwashed into believing the government is their father and husband, why wouldn't they? Modern American women have been completely subjugated by the Communist Left. It's ironic how liberal women are always carping about being treated as a sex object while at the same time the Democrat Party has done exactly that... turned women from daughters, wives, and mothers into prostitutes with the government as their pimp. Prostitution in exchange for Democrat voting. Pretty disgusting and despicable isn't it? All the while the harlots scream "Get the gubmint out of my body" as they subjugate themselves as prostitutes to the Democrat Party. Prostitution in exchange for free birth control and abortions. Get the government out of my body and into my husband's, sons', fathers', and brothers' paychecks. My body your money. Is it any wonder many modern American men are offshoring their selection of a spouse?

Old 11-03-2012, 08:28 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,614,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Polls like this show not only that most modern American women would throw their unborn baby under a bus, but that they would also throw their husbands, sons, brothers, and fathers under a bus for their own sexual gratification. Considering the fact that women are brainwashed into believing the government is their father and husband, why wouldn't they? Modern American women have been completely subjugated by the Communist Left. It's ironic how liberal women are always carping about being treated as a sex object while at the same time the Democrat Party has done exactly that... turned women from daughters, wives, and mothers into prostitutes with the government as their pimp. Prostitution in exchange for Democrat voting. Pretty disgusting and despicable isn't it? All the while the harlots scream "Get the gubmint out of my body" as they subjugate themselves as prostitutes to the Democrat Party. Prostitution in exchange for free birth control and abortions. Get the government out of my body and into my husband's, sons', fathers', and brothers' paychecks. My body your money. Is it any wonder many modern American men are offshoring their selection of a spouse?
You make me wish that the conservative paranoia of the feminist dystopia were actually true and soon to come to fruition. I'd make sure that you were assigned as my houseboy. You'd scrub toilets during the day and read Kristeva aloud at night to the wind while you lie on your bed of pebbles.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:29 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,045,321 times
Women bear the burden of pregnancy and childbirth. They also typically bear the majority of child and elder care obligations regardless of whether they work outside the home or have a spouse. This affects their financial bottom line. Hmmm

Old 11-03-2012, 08:32 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,210,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Yep, pretty much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
It might interfere with a job if you're having a baby you never wanted to have.

And having a chronic illness and being unable to get health insurance might also interfere with a job (not to mention your very existence.)

And having government withdraw much of it's support for working families might also enterfere with a job.

I'd say women are very concerned about jobs.
Agreed.

Quote:
Polls like this show not only that most modern American women would throw their unborn baby under a bus, but that they would also throw their husbands, sons, brothers, and fathers under a bus for their own sexual gratification. Considering the fact that women are brainwashed into believing the government is their father and husband, why wouldn't they? Modern American women have been completely subjugated by the Communist Left. It's ironic how liberal women are always carping about being treated as a sex object while at the same time the Democrat Party has done exactly that... turned women from daughters, wives, and mothers into prostitutes with the government as their pimp. Prostitution in exchange for Democrat voting. Pretty disgusting and despicable isn't it?
I can't agree. By and large I do not find conservative men to have the intelligence or wisdom to dictate what women should do with their bodies. The liberal women I know, who are scientists, physicians, and movers/shakers in the Cambridge area tend to agree. With that said, personally, I wouldn't mind most of the sexist right finding their way under a bus.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:37 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,486,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
You are wasting your "breath." Yooper thinks that any woman who is not voting for Romney is an ignorant, single-issue voter who gets abortions every other month.
I never said that.

All I said was that more men are voting for Romney because they think that he will be the best President to bring down unemployment.

Just because I didn't mention - women's health issues - doesn't mean that there is something to be read into my comment.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:37 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,508,686 times
Quote:
You sound like some of the recent GOP candidates. This kind of talk is dooming the GOP for many years into the future....it's costing many votes from the GOP...and this is a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections