Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2012, 01:01 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,223,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Undoubtedly. But women have been taught for at least two generations now, from the nursery to grad school, to pursue their own dreams, to chase a career, to pursue pleasure and "self-fulfillment", to be independent of male influence and authority, etc. before considering the interests of their families and communities (which are conceived apart from a necessary role for men). This goes strongly against feminine instincts and most women are deeply conflicted as a result. But feminism reigns in their minds, if not their every act, and certainly manifests itself at election time.

The 19th amendment was a mistake at the time, no question, but unfortunately we're not going to put that genie back in the bottle. Therefore I'm in favor of restricting votes to heads of household, some of whom will be women. The male vote in the past was just a proxy for the family vote, as the family is the fundamental unit of society. That proxy is less accurate today. A "heads of household" franchise isn't perfect either, but it gets us closer to the goal.
How long do we have to wait before all the dinosaurs like you officially die off? We live in a country that has more women than men, we live in a country where more women vote than men, and you want to curb a woman's right to choose and vote for who she feels is right for the country?

I think we need to pass an amendment that restricts people like you from voting so that you can see what it is like to have limited rights in this country and what it means to be considered less than a whole person....I am sure you would be singing a different tune very quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 01:12 AM

4,254 posts, read 5,611,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
How long do we have to wait before all the dinosaurs like you officially die off?
We're not dying off. And we're raising a new generation of "dinosaurs".

Old 11-04-2012, 01:19 AM

Quote:
We're not dying off. And we're raising a new generation of "dinosaurs".
Great, what the world needs is more ignorant white males....

Old 11-04-2012, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Great, what the world needs is more ignorant white males....
Then you should be pleased that none of my children are white, three are female, and none are ignorant.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Then you should be pleased that none of my children are white, three are female, and none are ignorant.
Well if those three females are smart enough to get an education and think for themselves without having to worry about having a man tell them what to think, then I would say they have broken the bond of ignorance that seems to lace your posts.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Well if those three females are smart enough to get an education and think for themselves without having to worry about having a man tell them what to think, then I would say they have broken the bond of ignorance that seems to lace your posts.
Classifying my posts as ignorant is itself ignorant. You haven't refuted anything, just hurled insults. Maybe you ought to take the time to study and understand human nature rather than assuming the pious egalitarian platitudes you've been fed all of your life are beyond criticism.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Classifying my posts as ignorant is itself ignorant. You haven't refuted anything, just hurled insults. Maybe you ought to take the time to study and understand human nature rather than assuming the pious egalitarian platitudes you've been fed all of your life are beyond criticism.
You believe that a woman should do what her man tells her to do to be happy because it is "human nature." That is a failed concept to begin with. Women have the same ability as men to think for themselves, anyone who believes otherwise is ignorant, and your past posts have matched this kind of ignorance so no it is not ignorant of me to point this out about your posts, I am simply stating an obvious and saying that it is very much possible for a woman to think for herself without a man's approval.

I seriously hope your daughters know that as well and are able to make intelligent choices for themselves without having to rely on a man to tell them what to think like their father thinks they should.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:58 AM

Quote:
You believe that a woman should do what her man tells her to do to be happy because it is "human nature." That is a failed concept to begin with.
And it's false, as far as it goes. Clearly, you have reading comprehension issues.

Quote:
Women have the same ability as men to think for themselves, anyone who believes otherwise is ignorant ... it is very much possible for a woman to think for herself without a man's approval.
Nothing I have said indicates that women can't think for themselves. The natural, God-given tendency of women to willingly align and associate themselves with the politics of their men is an intelligent, sensible, thoughtful act on their part, taking into account their own strengths and limitations as women. That doesn't mean that exceptions don't exist and are never justified, but even if occasionally necessary, being intellectually independent of men is aberrant and fundamentally at odds with femininity.

Last edited by WesternPilgrim; 11-04-2012 at 02:20 AM..

Old 11-04-2012, 02:04 AM

2,040 posts, read 3,866,076 times
Quote:
Undoubtedly. But women have been taught for at least two generations now, from the nursery to grad school, to pursue their own dreams, to chase a career, to pursue pleasure and "self-fulfillment", to be independent of male influence and authority, etc. before considering the interests of their families and communities (which are conceived apart from a necessary role for men). This goes strongly against feminine instincts and most women are deeply conflicted as a result. But feminism reigns in their minds, if not their every act, and certainly manifests itself at election time.

The 19th amendment was a mistake, no question, but unfortunately we're not going to put that genie back in the bottle. Therefore I'm in favor of restricting votes to heads of household, some of whom will be women. The male vote in the past was just a proxy for the family vote, as the family is the fundamental unit of society. That proxy is less accurate today. A "heads of household" franchise isn't perfect either, but it gets us closer to the goal.

I feel sorry for you. Good luck.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:52 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,675,760 times
Quote:

Nothing I have said indicates that women can't think for themselves. The natural, God-given tendency of women to willingly align and associate themselves with the politics of their men is an intelligent, sensible, thoughtful act on their part, taking into account their own strengths and limitations as women. That doesn't mean that exceptions don't exist and are never justified, but even if occasionally necessary, being intellectually independent of men is aberrant and fundamentally at odds with femininity.

All I can unintelligently say here is "Oh My God."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections