Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 08:10 AM

412 posts, read 687,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in reality. And reality has a well-known liberal bias..." –Stephen Colbert
I can't tell if you know that Colbert was actually stating that polls (ones where real people are talked to) do reflect what those people are thinking.

And that he was being sarcastic about the liberal bias thing. Liberals do seem to look at reality like it is well - real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
any female that doesn't understand exactly what the binder comment was all about, does not have the brains to vote sensively anyway. She would have voted for Obama...You keep on believing that, you go to the polls tomorrow if you haven't already voted and you vote for the guy that won't carry your state anyway..As for your hero, Nate, who you seem to think has the answer to everything we will know how on track he is within 48 hours...
I am not sure what you meant to say.
But I am female, sensible, understood the "binder" remark and am voting for Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
This would excite me if I ever heard of him beyond City-Data.
That's surprising.

He actually has been on many morning show (political ones) and has been covered by news outlets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
I guess you really aren't a Republican. Our base is fired up and we will turn out in record numbers to support Romney....whether he was our first choice in the primaries or not.

Obama has simply ruined this country and his policies FAIL. The evidence is clear and you lefties can no longer blame Bush. Obama is standing on almost 4 years of Failure. That is a fact. It is not a matter of 'not liking the obama.'
You mean he ruined it more than Dubya and the greedy bankers?
Please..

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Speaking of averages....
Mittens is going to win!!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 08:27 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,254,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Speaking of averages....
we were talking Va, not Ohio...

Old 11-05-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Sorry but you asked which poll was up by 4. Next time you can look it up.
and you came up with the figure 4%; never did you mention just one poll, that is why I memtioned 2 other polls. One poll means nothing, even 2 or 3 mean nothing, average is still way to close to call and that is what matters..

Old 11-05-2012, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogMomDeb View Post
I can't tell if you know that Colbert was actually stating that polls (ones where real people are talked to) do reflect what those people are thinking.

And that he was being sarcastic about the liberal bias thing. Liberals do seem to look at reality like it is well - real.

I am not sure what you meant to say.
But I am female, sensible, understood the "binder" remark and am voting for Obama.

That's surprising.

He actually has been on many morning show (political ones) and has been covered by news outlets.

You mean he ruined it more than Dubya and the greedy bankers?
Please..

Mittens is going to win!!!!

you are not the only female Obama supporter that understands the binder remark, but if you are voting for him because of that you are not terribly bright. let me give you an example: my husband was a political appointee many years ago, and yes, the hiring process, when the new Pres took over has partially based on a binder if that is what you want to call it. The binder consisted of possible candidates for various positons within the administration and yes, the binder listed these candidates based on many factors, including gender. So his saying there was a binder with female names wasn't anything that was new. I think most people who have any business experience knows such things exist. This is like having a good friend that helps you land a job with a major company, it is who you know and how you know them that makes a difference...So, now, I hope you understand my remarks. Again, not that females who vote for Obama are not intelligent, even if I do think they are misinformed, I was simply commenting on the stupid statement that women were influenced and/or changed thier minds based on the comment.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:32 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,989,345 times
Quote:
you are not the only female Obama supporter that understands the binder remark, but if you are voting for him because of that you are not terribly bright. let me give you an example: my husband was a political appointee many years ago, and yes, the hiring process, when the new Pres took over has partially based on a binder if that is what you want to call it. The binder consisted of possible candidates for various positons within the administration and yes, the binder listed these candidates based on many factors, including gender. So his saying there was a binder with female names wasn't anything that was new. I think most people who have any business experience knows such things exist. This is like having a good friend that helps you land a job with a major company, it is who you know and how you know them that makes a difference...So, now, I hope you understand my remarks. Again, not that females who vote for Obama are not intelligent, even if I do think they are misinformed, I was simply commenting on the stupid statement that women were influenced and/or changed thier minds based on the comment.
I talked to a female today about how she was voting. She has always voted Republican. She is unfamiliar with Benghazi and all the other Faux news. She was voting for Obama because of Akins and Mourdock. She said the current republican party scares her if they are representative of the party. I was shocked. Many women see this as a big issue in voting Republican.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:44 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,084,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I talked to a female today about how she was voting. She has always voted Republican. She is unfamiliar with Benghazi and all the other Faux news. She was voting for Obama because of Akins and Mourdock. She said the current republican party scares her if they are representative of the party. I was shocked. Many women see this as a big issue in voting Republican.
1. Benghazi is not "faux" no matter how many times you'd like to repeat this (which here is almost constantly)
2. I wouldn't be proud and bragging about being uninformed and voting over social issues, scare tactics and emotional reaction rather than logic and reality.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:55 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,912,530 times
Quote:
I don't think anyone is seriously going to base their vote on Romney saying "binders full of women." It was a funny way of putting it, so it stuck--I think that's as far as most thinking voters of both genders took it.

What was more telling to me was that after all of his years in business, he knew not a single woman he thought was worthy of tapping to serve in his administration. Plus the fact that he lied about sending his aids out to get said binders. The woman's group who put them together approached HIM with them. So in the end, it turned out to be just another lie to add to the many that we've heard from Mr. Romney over the course of this campaign.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:49 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,649,708 times
Exclamation ouch!

Quote:
we were talking Va, not Ohio...
Romney's slide continues...

Old 11-05-2012, 11:59 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,145,754 times
He was pretty accurate last time...

R Money...haha, love it!

Old 11-05-2012, 12:10 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,649,708 times
Exclamation hmm...

Quote:
The worse part of Romney's idiotic statement was this: After working 20+ years as a CEO he was dumb enough to state he couldn't find qualified women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections