Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 10:10 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyForever View Post
I wonder what they could have done to entice Ron Paul supporters? The difference between Obomney and Ron Paul was huge so I can't think of anything off hand that would sway a lot of supporters.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
This is why no one votes for your party. Keep calling them children, moochers, recipient class, and whatever underhanded non-sense dysphemism you have for your neighbors.
So it's never about policy is what you are saying? If I'm nice and chit chat about communism are you going to listen?

Old 11-08-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
The only thing worse for America than Obama would be a Ron Paul presidency.

You hate the Fed? Well the fed is the only reason you're not already at third world status.

You think the foreign wars are going on because someone just likes killing people? BS. Those wars are protecting the petro-dollar and if the world suddenly decided the petro-dollar wasn't something they wanted you'd suddenly have about $6 - $10 trillion useless dollars in the economy.

You think inflation is a problem now? Wait till the money supply is 5 times what it currently is.

You think gas sucks at $3.50/gallon? Try riding around in your SUV when it's $15/gallon.

Ron Paul lives ina fantasy world and the only thing less fantastical and less dangerous is Obamanomics.
LMAO The ones who bailed out European banks and businesses to the tune of trillions? The ones who have crashed the dollar? That's who you are counting on?

Then this awesomely uninformed quote "Wait till the money supply is 5 times what it currently is." who do you think causes inflation? duhh it's the Federal Reserve.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:28 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times

Old 11-08-2012, 10:55 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The children voted Santa Claus into office.
They all want their free stuff.

I hope Obama obliges.

Uh oh........been watching limpballs again..........

Old 11-09-2012, 03:36 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
LMAO The ones who bailed out European banks and businesses to the tune of trillions? The ones who have crashed the dollar? That's who you are counting on?

Then this awesomely uninformed quote "Wait till the money supply is 5 times what it currently is." who do you think causes inflation? duhh it's the Federal Reserve.
And if the money supply was 5 times less than it is now?

Apparently you don't seem to understand that America is a nation in debt. Something like 70 - 80% of the public has a negative net worth. Apparently you think every debt that this nation has should be worth a lot more.

You think that wouldn't send this country into 4th world status?

Just as soon as you're willing to go into a mine to gather gold to keep our economy growing you let us know.

Till then your knowledge of how money works isn't needed.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:54 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
You can be pro life and be a libertarian. That's your own personal conscious decision and choice.
We just wouldn't judge you if you were pro choice. The Libertarian Party has atheists (myself included)
as well as folks of every faith.
Once again that's your own personal decision and choice.

Bottom line - no party agrees on everything.
But if you are a disgruntled GOP who listened to Paul's message and liked it,
you certainly are more Libertarian than you are Republican IMO.
You can absolutely be pro life and libertarian. Since abortion and gay marriage are not mentioned in the constitution, they are not a federal issues, and libertarians leave such issues for the states to decide. So, be pro life, and vote accordingly in your state elections. No problem there.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:04 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Quote:

I hope Obama obliges.
>>. They'll get the Grinch, instead. But instead of saying " Who" it will be "Why?" or maybe " Duh...."
But he who laughs last. They may yet have an AWFUL shock coming to them.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:19 AM

3,614 posts, read 3,503,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
So it's never about policy is what you are saying? If I'm nice and chit chat about communism are you going to listen?
Not when you're calling everyone communists either. Want people to listen? Treat 'em with respect and actually understand the issues you're discussing. Most educated liberals and conservatives both want the same thing, but have different means of getting there. I'd rather see ideologically opposed economists and politicians work on a program that brings together the best of both worlds. It would also help if the Republican party wasn't over-run by the Religious Right as well. Republicans would be a lot further along if they didn't have a social platform dating back to the 1200s.

So yes, you'll gets lots of people to listen, and even vote for you, if you stopped treating and talking about half the country as scum and stopped trying to legislate Christianity. Stick to what Republicans are good at--talking about money.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:23 AM

1,466 posts, read 1,229,483 times
Quote:

I hope Obama obliges.
Your party can try to blame all the "takers" or anyone else all you want, but it's the fault of you guys alone that you lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections