Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 02:06 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,335,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The underlying assumption of the OP's assertion is that women are gullible or stupid. They are neither. They weren't sold a bill of goods by the MSM, or by anyone else. Women looked at both campaigns, and carefully evaluated the policies, stances, and values of the campaigns, and chose which one they favored. Women didn't necessarily only consider women's issues. I, personally, evaluated numerous issues, and particularly economic ones. While Romney was touted as a successful businessman, his experience didn't seem to me to involve job creation. In fact, it seemed to involve profitability by any means, and I didn't like some of those means. I also had to consider his political executive experience as governor of Massachusetts. I was born in Massachusetts and still have many friends and family there. There evaluations of Romney as governor certainly gave me pause. When I looked at the number of vetoes he executed, that gave me pause, too. I was disturbed that he chose Ryan as a running mate, because he had leaned so right during the primaries, I had expected him to choose someone more moderate to pull him more to the center for the actual race. When he took the trip overseas to cement his foreign policy credentials, the repeated flubs didn't speak well for him. I know many, many women, who did vote for Romney, because they carefully evaluated the candidates and that's who they chose. They and I recognize that the choice is an individual's, and each person brings their own set of knowledge, experience, and priorities to the decision. Respecting that process is fundamental. And when you dismiss a huge segment of the population's decision-making skills, you simply aren't showing much respect for them.
Haha His flubs overseas? You got duped by the MSM on that too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
So basically this thread is stating that women are too stupid to vote themselves?
If that's what the tread means to you then maybe you are.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:09 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,160,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
It's applies to everything being said. Everyone WANTS something from the government. Single issue voters leads to THIS!
Apparently, you have posted it at least 8 times.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I plan on adding pgh to the ignore list, along with a few other far-right posters after this week...I just wanted to enjoy a week of bragging before I did that.
That's an open minded democrat for you. Just keep watching MSNBC too so you get the true facts on issues. haha

Old 11-09-2012, 02:13 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
It's worth saying again: Abortions are not publicly funded.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:13 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You know, one week ago, my daughter was visiting, and one of these insipid Romney commercials came on. If you live in a swing state, you've seen this one. Some woman is at a computer, and says she checked Mitt Romney's positions (maybe on The Blaze, I dunno) and lo and behold she found out he's not opposed to BC, abortion in all cases, etc. My daughter said "I'm so sick of them thinking we all are getting an abortion every two months!"

"I'm Mitt Romney and I approved this ad".
Reposting to show commercial:

In New Ad, Romney Stresses Moderate Positions on Reproductive Issues - NYTimes.com

Old 11-09-2012, 02:18 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
That's an open minded democrat for you. Just keep watching MSNBC too so you get the true facts on issues. haha
I'll give you points for nerve. Criticizing MSNBC after the Fox/Rove debacle on election night. Not to mention the countless Fox news shows where they simply refused to believe all the polls showing Obama was going to win. I think you're the one who was duped, honey.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:24 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Haha His flubs overseas? You got duped by the MSM on that too!
It seems one of us got duped, and of course neither of us wants to believe that it was "me". Only I have many, many sources that covered those "flubs" that you don't believe happened. Even the conservative newspapers in England were poking fun at Governor Romney. Which might have contributed to the fact that the English people also favored Obama over Romney in the polls taken abroad.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:28 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,444,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
States granting "personhoold" status to fetuses doesnt outlaw abortion It simply changes the date at which its not allowed.

If the "people" spoke to ensure Romney wouldnt have the opportunity to overturn Roe V Wade, and the states, according to you are doing so, then you admit the vote against Romney for that reason is stupid.

You are now arguing against yourself because 1 minute the states are doing it, the next, people oppose Romney because they want to stop something you just said is happening.
I suppose you missed when they were trying to re-define when a fetus becomes a person huh ? If they would've gotten it through you can bet the republicans would've pounced on that and made it that much closer to Banning Abortion.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:31 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
The Rove debacle continues. Yesterday he was blathering on about how unimpressive Obama's win was, again rattling off Republican math and statistics. When Megyn Kelly could finally get a word in edgewise, she said: “You keep saying that, but he won, Karl, he won. And that's what the Republicans care about, what the Democrats care about."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I'll give you points for nerve. Criticizing MSNBC after the Fox/Rove debacle on election night. Not to mention the countless Fox news shows where they simply refused to believe all the polls showing Obama was going to win. I think you're the one who was duped, honey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections