Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2013, 12:23 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,395,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I think Bill Clinton's wife may lack the stamina and health required to be president. That is my biggest concern. We don't want another situation like we all remember back when William Henry Harrison was inaugurated.
Women typically outlive men. They have the stamina to give birth, and generally are in better health than their male counterparts. Not a concern.

Old 08-16-2013, 02:01 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Women typically outlive men. They have the stamina to give birth, and generally are in better health than their male counterparts. Not a concern.
Really? yes, they do, normally outlive men, but do you have any idea at what age her parents passed away and have you considered her past health issues? 69 isn't too old to be Pres, and it isn't too old to handle a stressful campaign, and yes, she will have some stressful times, but with her past health history and the fact she was known to melt down in 2007/08 this could be an issue for her. I guess we will know in about 2 years or so, won't we?

Old 08-17-2013, 09:35 PM

24 posts, read 63,092 times
Quote:
Support appears to be gaining for Hillary Clinton to succeed the great President Obama as President of the United States in 2016. She would be the first WOMAN to hold that position, a result of the CHANGE that President Obama represents. Should would get even more support than President Obama did in this last election, completely obliterating the GOP opposition. The GOP will again waste a FORTUNE in the losing effort. Imagine her having Colin Powell as her running mate. How about an Latino as her running mate, or an Asian? Maybe she would pick someone who is of mixed-race and GAY? Any combination dooms the hapless GOP. There isn't a GOP candidate alive who could compete.

Former top Obama aides join pro-Hillary effort - First Read
Rand vs. Hillary

I don't know about you, but I stand with Rand. A statesmen, not a career politician who will go along with the status quo. Enough is enough. It is time to live within our means and toss deficit financing in the trash. We need term limits along with a balanced budget amendment. Inflation is the deceiving tax no one ever talks about but it has really hurt the well-being of those who are not doing so well in this stagnant economy.

Last edited by Chicagoto?; 08-17-2013 at 09:59 PM..

Old 08-19-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoto? View Post
Rand vs. Hillary

I don't know about you, but I stand with Rand. A statesmen, not a career politician who will go along with the status quo. Enough is enough. It is time to live within our means and toss deficit financing in the trash. We need term limits along with a balanced budget amendment. Inflation is the deceiving tax no one ever talks about but it has really hurt the well-being of those who are not doing so well in this stagnant economy.
and almost every Republican I know is leaning Rand or certainly paying very close attention to him. Many of these are Republicans that thought his father was a little off his rocker. I just had this conversation with 2 friends today, after church. One is mid 40s the other mid 60s, on a guy, one a woman and both are paying close attention to him. Both were Rubio supporters for awhile.

Old 08-20-2013, 05:26 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,337,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and almost every Republican I know is leaning Rand or certainly paying very close attention to him. Many of these are Republicans that thought his father was a little off his rocker. I just had this conversation with 2 friends today, after church. One is mid 40s the other mid 60s, on a guy, one a woman and both are paying close attention to him. Both were Rubio supporters for awhile.
That's interesting. Here in the NYC area all the GOP focus is on Christie. The Tea Partiers still love Rubio but some are beginning to yearn for Cruz. I hear a lot of respect for Rand Paul, but little support from either the GOP or the Tea Party for him (in my neck of the woods). My TP buddies now call me a RINO for supporting Christie...it's an interesting dynamic and I don't know which way it's going to go, but the more ardent TP'ers don't have the influence they used to.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
That's interesting. Here in the NYC area all the GOP focus is on Christie. The Tea Partiers still love Rubio but some are beginning to yearn for Cruz. I hear a lot of respect for Rand Paul, but little support from either the GOP or the Tea Party for him (in my neck of the woods). My TP buddies now call me a RINO for supporting Christie...it's an interesting dynamic and I don't know which way it's going to go, but the more ardent TP'ers don't have the influence they used to.
I am sure it is somewhat regional and for those living near NJ, I guess your would expect a lot of Christie support. I still think Rubio may have peaked too soon. I am guessing Cruz has a lot of support in and around Texas. I agree about the tea party, but I also bet there will be a movement to get them to reorganize and make their voices heard more as we get into 2014 and 16. BTW, I am not a tea party member or even a strong tea party supporter but I have a feeling some people are going to drag hubby over.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:39 AM

1,644 posts, read 2,174,426 times
Quote:
Support appears to be gaining for Hillary Clinton to succeed the great President Obama as President of the United States in 2016. She would be the first WOMAN to hold that position, a result of the CHANGE that President Obama represents. Should would get even more support than President Obama did in this last election, completely obliterating the GOP opposition. The GOP will again waste a FORTUNE in the losing effort. Imagine her having Colin Powell as her running mate. How about an Latino as her running mate, or an Asian? Maybe she would pick someone who is of mixed-race and GAY? Any combination dooms the hapless GOP. There isn't a GOP candidate alive who could compete.

This is the weirdest post i've ever seen for the following reasons.

1. I feel like this statement is comparable to one that you would find during Soviet times or during the Third Reich. "The Great" President Obama.....whether you like or dislike him it's really weird to talk about someone in such awkwardly endearing terms.

2. You've effectively said the ONLY qualifier for a worthy candidate for the Democrats is a minority simply for minorities sake. The equivalent to...lets just see how obscure our candidate can be! Maybe if you guys look hard enough you can find a retarded, African American, jewish, homosexual, in a wheelchair to wheel out...if that were the case you probably wouldn't even need Hillary! How about a presidential ticket with an Indian American and a Cuban American? Jindal and Rubio would fit in quite well. Maybe Ben Carson and Olympia Snow? If we're voting for minorities just for the hell of it theres no reason the GOP shouldn't get involved.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:05 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Quote:

OK, you know the surest wasy to get pwned big time is calling an election 3 years before it's held, right?

Old 08-21-2013, 12:55 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,371,777 times
Quote:
No, not funny, but truthful.

The Republican party is not undergoing a revival, but a collapse. This began with Dubya, and accelerated under President Obama. The free fall momentum has been increasing in intensity. This is evident in the so-called resurgence of the tea party branch of the GOP, and continued mention of a total reject like Paul Ryan as a serious GOP candidate. Ryan, a repulsive figure, and a bigoted hick from the sticks of Wisconsin.

Pubs don't know how to run an economy without driving up record deficits and making only the rich richer. They have never been successful in this area. Under Republican policies, everyone but the rich can go to hell. Republicans would rather attempt to nation-build abroad rather than nation-build at home. They don't care about immigrants except in how to exploit them to maximize profit. They don't care about the poor, attributing their lot in life to inherent inferiority. They want people who are sick to cure themselves. They want the elderly to simply die, not task the system. They are obsessed with taxes, and under Bush, they had their way. Low taxes, especially on the rich, resulting in a sure Depression and crisis mode in every domestic category. Mortgage crisis, Wall-Street crisis, Auto industry crisis, health care crisis, Street gang crisis, immigration crisis, economic crisis, infrastructure neglect and crisis, education crisis. housing crisis, and so forth. The usual GOP lack of interest in advancing Civil Rights. Truly an ideology far behind the times.

You can put a new toilet seat on a toilet, but it's still a toilet. It still collects sheet, and still stinks. No way that the toilet that is the GOP can stand up to what Hillary represents. The GOP ideology reeks. Her two terms will see the end of a Republican-controlled House and a Republican-cursed Supreme Court. Dems will take over Congress and the Neanderthal obstructionism that the GOP has been reduced to, will become a thing of the past.

You heard it here first.
Except that not one in 10,000 read your post. I read the first paragraph. No substance, no insight, no facts--just the usual childish name calling. So I skipped ahead to the final sentence. So whatever it was, I didn't hear it here first.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:08 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,857,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
OP, You are correct, but it is neither HC or BO. It is the radicalization of the GOP making them a non factor for POTUS.
What "radicalization" do you refer to? The moderate Romney who was the nominee in 2012? If Romney was "radical" to you, I shudder to think what your opinion of moderate is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections