Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 03:18 AM

2,603 posts, read 5,023,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Population density.
Cities voted overwhelmingly Obama. Rual America for Romney. Different needs and priorities.
City dwellers rely much heavier on the gov than rual people.
Rual folks often provide their own water, sewage and garbage removal. WE have less need for large expensive police, fire and sanitation depts.
The bottom line is Rual Americans enjoy much fewer Gov programs. That makes Obama less desirable.
I don't mean any of the above as a condemnation of city people just stating the facts. Rual people due to the nature of the lives we have chosen rely less on the fed. Most Cities would go bust without Fed dollars to keep them floating.
It may seem that way on the surface, but in fact rural areas rely pretty extensively on the federal government. The massive federal handouts to farms are one example. The more rural states get more back than they contribute to the federal government. In most states, the urban areas subsidize rural areas.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:21 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Unfortunately for America, the majority of Americans now are morons that don't understand what is going on around them. Them vote by skin color, or what they see on TV. We are done.
Exactly. Which is why the media is so much more than corrupt - it is downright evil. I am so sick of folks that say "I didn't know that", when confronted with the truth of what our politicians are doing.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:24 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
In other words, the Republicans need to adopt the Democratic platform on these issues. I agree. The Democrats have been the voice of reason for decades now. It's time the Republicans get on board.
Right....straight down the road to a Greece-like economy. Spend more than you take in, grow government, tax folks more and more. Exactly how will that work in the long term?

Old 01-03-2013, 02:39 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,650,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Right....straight down the road to a Greece-like economy. Spend more than you take in, grow government, tax folks more and more. Exactly how will that work in the long term?
Well, I think Clinton and the Republicans did a pretty good job of getting us on the right track in the 90s. It's too bad that monkey-in-chief W decided to spend money on a $6 trillion unnecessary adventure with the aid of his number two, Dick "deficits-don't-matter" Cheney. Both parties will have to work together to curb spending and increase tax revenue to get us back to where we were before the dynamic duo went to town.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:51 PM

996 posts, read 1,898,250 times
The OP is an idiot. No party is going to win every election, but whatever. I won't interfere with the OP's fantasy world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections