Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 10:06 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Just what the country needs a former governor that will throw an election and win at any cost. We can't afford another Bush. When 2 are as poor as they were why would anyone consider a third?
I am not going to argue about Bush the second, it would be a useless conversation based on other posts from you, but where did you get the idea Bush Sr was a poor President? Yes, he lost the election but I don't think many would consider him a poor Pres. just not at the top of any list. He probably would fit into about the middle of the pack.

I am not saying I would or would or would not support Jeb I really don't know, but I will stand by my opinion of Bush Sr.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2014, 01:14 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,378,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I don't understand why people hate Bush Sr. so much. Especially when you compare him to Jr. and Obama.

I don't want Chris Christie to run for president in 2016. I don't think Jeb has a chance... and personally wouldn't care for him.
You put Dubya and Obama in the same sentence as if this means something. They are opposites. Dubya is arguably the worst president in the history of this nation, a man with great hindsight who decimated this nation with his inept policies and Neanderthal diplomacy. He handed President Obama the worst mess in history.

President Obama was given the worst mess in history courtesy of Republicans. He rolled up his sleeves as the nation's first black President, and went to work. Pathetic Republicans feared the success that they knew this man could bring if he has his way, so they broke Congress, irrationally and illogically opposing this man at every turn. Republicans don't do a damn thing but complain. They have no answers to the problems that plague this nation, only solutions which benefit the rich while everyone else goes to hell. It's safe to say that any failures that have occurred in this administration and the last, are attributed to Republicans. Bush Sr didn't come close to having the level of opposition that President Obama has been dealing with, but I credit him with labeling the economic policies that Pubs cling to now as "voodoo economics".

So this is where we stand now. Pubs haven't proven themselves worthy of being a major political party for decades. They have regressed since the horrific Bush years, and show no signs of joining us in the 21st century. With the stench they represent, every potential candidate from the Right, reeks.

We're looking at another 8 years of a Dem at the helm following this great President Obama. The Supreme Court will shift Left during this time, a vast improvement over the current Roberts version. The Pubs in the House will also be given the boot during this time, since they are tea-party downgraded and a detriment to this nation. Christie? Jeb Bush? Rand Paul? More white men to head the GOP? Dixie lives. Thumbs down.

Old 01-18-2014, 05:44 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,916 times
Visions of a debate between Hillary and Jeb are dancing around in my head.

He towers over her, both intellectually and physically. He would turn her into a quivering mass of blubbering jelly within minutes. I can already hear the screeching.

Old 01-18-2014, 09:26 AM

99,525 posts, read 4,490,016 times
Two days ago, Barbara Bush once again says she hopes Jeb doesn't run:

Barbara Bush on Jeb Bush Potential Run for President (C-SPAN) - YouTube

Old 01-29-2014, 04:45 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,807,166 times
Quote:
HIALEAH (CBSMiami) – Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush has been rumored to be a potential Republican presidential candidate in 2016 and Wednesday he did nothing to end the speculation when asked about a possible run.

“I’m going to think about it later (a run for president),†Bush said during a school tour Wednesday. “I don’t wake up each day saying, ‘what am I going to do today to make this decision?’â€

Bush continued, “I’m deferring the decision to the right time which is later this year and the decision will be based on, can I do it joyfully, because I think we need to have candidates lift our spirits. It’s a pretty pessimistic country right now; and, is it right for my family? So I don’t even want to think about that till it’s the right time and that’s later on.â€
Jeb Bush Still Undecided On 2016 Presidential Run « CBS Miami

Predictions:

*More likely than not, Bush runs

*If he runs, he garners the bulk of the Republican establishment backing

*If he runs, he's in the top tier (top 2 or 3) of competitive candidates for the GOP nomination

Old 01-29-2014, 04:54 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,351,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Visions of a debate between Hillary and Jeb are dancing around in my head.

He towers over her, both intellectually and physically. He would turn her into a quivering mass of blubbering jelly within minutes. I can already hear the screeching.
Highly unlikely. Number one, HRC has had the whole kitchen sink of putdowns, rants, and other garbage thrown at her for 20+ years. She knows how to hang with the big boys and deal with them. And if Jeb tries any of that intimidation nonsense folks will see if for it is.

Number two, Jeb is famously thin-skinned - moreso that his brother - there are ways to get his goat. Ask Kendrick Meeks. I don't expect HRC to start coming out with jabs just to mess with him, but she could hit a cogent point that may leave him glaring. He's smart but he's not an intellectual - none of the Bush family are, really.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:56 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,588,101 times
Bush vs Clinton ala 1992.
Who's going to play Ross Perot ?

Old 01-31-2014, 09:56 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Bush vs Clinton ala 1992.
Who's going to play Ross Perot ?
I have to say, that is pretty funny!!! As for Bush, I really hope he takes his mom's advise, after all haven't we been taught, mommy knows best!!!!

Old 01-31-2014, 03:40 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Listen to your Mother Jeb!

Old 01-31-2014, 03:44 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,419 times
I have never liked the Bush's and have never voted for one, that will not change if Jeb runs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections