Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 03:49 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Kickinit View Post
I just had to do a search of the partial phrase liberal b*stardization, and this is what I found, a Rush Limbaugh talking point. Evidently, the OP is talking about this with a twist? Because I've never heard of the term before.
I thought forums were meant for people to have their own thoughts and expressions. If I find a news story on MSN bashing conservatives, can I post it here too? Or would that be considered not my original thought and just repeating what a media outlet says?

Rush: EU Rule On Water Labeling Proves Liberalism Bastardization Of Basic Common Sense - YouTube
Nope - this thread came entirely from the train of posts in the current gay marriage thread where someone misdefined repubic -and I asked for clarification.

You are doing entirely too much research.

Here - I will point you in the right direction.

//www.city-data.com/forum/27663149-post1056.html

Old 01-07-2013, 03:55 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,397,504 times
Talk about struggling to reach a premise to start a thread. The regressive radical right is really hard up these days.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:59 PM

1,988 posts, read 2,225,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Nope - this thread came entirely from the train of posts in the current gay marriage thread where someone misdefined repubic -and I asked for clarification.

Your premise is flawed since we have these things called elections here in the USA to determine our leaders.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:02 PM

re·pub·lic

/rɪˈpʌb lɪk/ Show Spelled [ri-puhb-lik] Show IPA
noun 1. a state in which the supreme power rests in the body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by representatives chosen directly or indirectly by them.

Republic | Define Republic at Dictionary.com

Nothing in there about "protecting the minority from the majority" - hence the description of such language as liberal bastardization.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
Your premise is flawed since we have these things called elections here in the USA to determine our leaders.
True - but the poster in that thread seemed to think that our election process was flawed.

Are not the rights of the minority being infringed upon by the majority - when the majority decides whom shall be POTUS?

Surely this must be what one thinks, if they misdefine the idea of a republic.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:03 PM

112 posts, read 207,635 times
To Harrier. I loved reading all your posts on how Mittens was going to wipe the floor with Obama. Most people, after making such a massive ass of themselves, would just hang their heads in shame. But you just keep right on going.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:09 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,131,738 times
Quote:
re·pub·lic

/rɪˈpʌb lɪk/ Show Spelled [ri-puhb-lik] Show IPA
noun 1. a state in which the supreme power rests in the body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by representatives chosen directly or indirectly by them.

Republic | Define Republic at Dictionary.com

Nothing in there about "protecting the minority from the majority" - hence the description of such language as liberal bastardization.
We aren't a republic.

We are a constitutional republic. A republic bound by the constitution.

By protecting ALL citizens from the government protection from the majority is implied.

The only error on the left is that they believe they can stop individual people from certain actions.

For example, as unpopular as it may be, the civil rights act as applied to businesses is technically unconstitutional. Only the government is barred by the constitution from discriminating...

Old 01-07-2013, 04:11 PM

147 posts, read 119,001 times
Quote:

Well, the term liberal b*stardization surely didn't pop into your mind, because if it had, you obviously wouldn't be here, you'd be co hosting the Rush Limbaugh show. Unless of course you heard the phrase on his show and decided to use it here because it sounded good to use at the time, in a attempt to denigrate liberals as a whole or in a generally speaking frame of thinking. It's my opinion that there is not such a thing as liberal b*stardization, there is not a definition for it. Because one or more people who may not know the definition of the word republic is not a b*stardization, it is simply not knowing the meaning of the word itself.

If a person uses the words too, to, or two, and uses them improperly, it is not b*stardization, it is the case of not knowing or, as you put it, misdefined. Why you use the term b*stardization some will not know, possibly to put emphasis upon an attempt to belittle or besmirch?

Are you now discussing another thread in this thread? I'm still grasping for your point, that is, if you have one.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Kickinit View Post
Well, the term liberal b*stardization surely didn't pop into your mind, because if it had, you obviously wouldn't be here, you'd be co hosting the Rush Limbaugh show. Unless of course you heard the phrase on his show and decided to use it here because it sounded good to use at the time, in a attempt to denigrate liberals as a whole or in a generally speaking frame of thinking. It's my opinion that there is not such a thing as liberal b*stardization, there is not a definition for it. Because one or more people who may not know the definition of the word republic is not a b*stardization, it is simply not knowing the meaning of the word itself.

If a person uses the words too, to, or two, and uses them improperly, it is not b*stardization, it is the case of not knowing or, as you put it, misdefined. Why you use the term b*stardization some will not know, possibly to put emphasis upon an attempt to belittle or besmirch?
I don't know where I came across that term - but I probally read it somewhere.

Things that I read tend to stay ingrained in my mind until an ideal time to use them comes about.

If you don't like it - and prefer "misdefined" - do you agree that the poster in question misdefined "republic" - or do you to supposedly think that Mitt Romney should be the president?

Old 01-07-2013, 04:22 PM

147 posts, read 119,001 times
Quote:
I don't know where I came across that term - but I probally read it somewhere.

Things that I read tend to stay ingrained in my mind until an ideal time to use them comes about.

If you don't like it - and prefer "misdefined" - do you agree that the poster in question misdefined "republic" - or do you to supposedly think that Mitt Romney should be the president?
I can't draw a conclusion either way, I didn't read the thread or what was typed before that post. If you could provide a link to the thread instead of a single post, I may be able to decipher what the original topic was, for all I know, the single post could have been an off topic rant.

So, you're basically saying the term liberal b*stardization is not your original idea, but you utilized it because you heard it somewhere, and thought it needed to be repeated in a thread in which the topic is of another thread.

Could I ask you a question, and it's not a personal attack, but do you purposefully run people around in circles on other topics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.