Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 05:49 PM

17,453 posts, read 9,288,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The logic is simple: Hillary Clinton is an opportunist. She badly wants to break the male-only Presidential "glass ceiling," but only if she can come away with a legacy to match it. Given Republicans abject Hatred of All Things Clinton,â„¢ I predict that Hillary Clinton will view a GOP Senate and House Majority a threat to her very ambition to actually get anything done as the first female President. The chances that Democrats retake one or both of the chambers in 2016 would be so slim, that a 2014 GOP steamroll would/will force her to retire politically instead of running for President in 2016.

No doubt about it, she's waiting on the 2014 midterms to make a decision.

What do you think?
She just announced she would make a decision in 100 days ..... that takes her past the Mid-Terms.
So, I agree about the timing -- but, I'm also thinking that Bill & Hillary believe they could both work with Republicans AND write their own history. Benghazi is the only thing that would stop Hillary from running and we won't know how that turns out until the middle of 2015 ..... BUT, I'm betting that Bill & Hillary know exactly what would be dangerous to her.

I don't think she is afraid of a GOP Senate - I do think she is afraid of a Benghazi Investigation.
She blew it when she didn't come clean with whatever happened. She had plausible deniability due to the Commander in Chief and her obligation to follow his orders ..... that's gone and she willfully let it go.
She gambled, we will see how it turns out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2014, 06:00 PM

39,093 posts, read 51,295,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Hillary is way too narcissistic to think she could not overcome the "vast right-wing conspiracy". Plus Slick Willey is just dying to get back into the WH, so much so that he campaigned for Obama even though he & Hillary cannot stand him.

These two more than most others are political opportunists, and most everything they do is with cold calculation. I would be surprised if she didn't run for the reason you think.
Clinton is white. That alone would make a difference in how willing Pubs were to work with her. Not only that, but she is friends with the same ($$$) people that the Pubs are. She would not get everything she wanted, but she would not get nothing either like Obama got.

Old 09-05-2014, 06:02 PM

39,093 posts, read 51,295,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
She just announced she would make a decision in 100 days ..... that takes her past the Mid-Terms.
So, I agree about the timing -- but, I'm also thinking that Bill & Hillary believe they could both work with Republicans AND write their own history. Benghazi is the only thing that would stop Hillary from running and we won't know how that turns out until the middle of 2015 ..... BUT, I'm betting that Bill & Hillary know exactly what would be dangerous to her.

I don't think she is afraid of a GOP Senate - I do think she is afraid of a Benghazi Investigation.
She blew it when she didn't come clean with whatever happened. She had plausible deniability due to the Commander in Chief and her obligation to follow his orders ..... that's gone and she willfully let it go.
She gambled, we will see how it turns out.
LOL. Benghazi is an issue to no one but people who would not vote for her anyway. Some of you live in an alternate universe.

Old 09-05-2014, 06:16 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,589,638 times
Quote:
The logic is simple: Hillary Clinton is an opportunist. She badly wants to break the male-only Presidential "glass ceiling," but only if she can come away with a legacy to match it. Given Republicans abject Hatred of All Things Clinton,â„¢ I predict that Hillary Clinton will view a GOP Senate and House Majority a threat to her very ambition to actually get anything done as the first female President. The chances that Democrats retake one or both of the chambers in 2016 would be so slim, that a 2014 GOP steamroll would/will force her to retire politically instead of running for President in 2016.

No doubt about it, she's waiting on the 2014 midterms to make a decision.

What do you think?

I think she's running.

And odds for the GOP taking the senate seem to be getting thinner. It could still happen but it doesn't look as likely as it did a month ago.

Old 09-06-2014, 12:18 AM

6,265 posts, read 5,078,848 times
Will she run?

What difference does it make? She's not some woman standing by her man. She'll just run under sniper fire with her head down. She'll be broke when she enters the White House and broke when she exits the White House, and the awful internet video that she had nothing to do with may or may not get her out of bed to take that 3am call.

Old 09-06-2014, 04:34 AM

11,860 posts, read 5,835,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Clinton is white. That alone would make a difference in how willing Pubs were to work with her. Not only that, but she is friends with the same ($$$) people that the Pubs are. She would not get everything she wanted, but she would not get nothing either like Obama got.

Why do you inject race into the equation? There are many more blacks that I personally know who hate Obama for what he's done to the country and "their race". You dems and libs are hung up on the race issue much more so than any republicans or conservatives I know.

I'm Democrat and didn't vote for Obama for President - am I racist? The truth is - I could see through his BS. I didn't vote for Hillary for our NY State Senate - because I knew she'd do nothing for NY - it was just an easy way for her to get her foot into the ring for the presidency down the road.

Old 09-09-2014, 09:13 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,406,766 times
Default Wrong

Whether or not Hillary runs has NOTHING to do with mid-term elections. Republicans are on their knees crying and praying to God every night that Hillary doesn't run, since there is no Republican alive who can overcome the atrocious Republican ideology to compete with her.

If Republicans take the Senate, all that means is that BOTH houses of Congress will be broken - this spells suicide for Republicans in BOTH houses in 2016. If Republicans don't take the Senate, the stench of their actions in breaking the House and negatively impacting the Senate STILL spell suicide for Republicans in 2016.

If Hillary runs, not a Republican alive who can beat her...and don't you forget it either.

Old 09-09-2014, 09:30 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,990,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Whether or not Hillary runs has NOTHING to do with mid-term elections. Republicans are on their knees crying and praying to God every night that Hillary doesn't run, since there is no Republican alive who can overcome the atrocious Republican ideology to compete with her.
Any Dem will have a walk in the park in the general election unless the GOP comes up with a way to win a few of the Blue Wall states.

Old 09-09-2014, 09:49 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,525,167 times
Yes, because you leftwing wackjobs are sooooo middle of the road and the people just love illegal immigration, obamacare, etc., etc., etc.

Do you loons actually believe a thing you write here or is it just fun trolling?

Old 09-10-2014, 04:40 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,248,025 times
Quote:
So, if she decides not to run, what will be your excuse? Clearly, you think she's invincible and has every reason to run. But what if she doesn't? What will these "credentials" you pose mean to you then?
I can't believe this stupid thread is still on life support.

If Hillary doesn't run it's because she doesn't feel like jumping into another chaotic grind that is required to run for the presidency. Why would anyone based any decision on one party taking majority in the Senate? That just plain makes no sense!

Prediction: AeroGuyDC doesn't buy a new sofa if the Republicans take the Senate Majority!

And you conservatives wonder why liberals laugh at you guys...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections