Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2014, 04:49 PM

89,320 posts, read 45,042,699 times

Advertisements

10 most corrupt states in America - Mississippi tops list - Fortune

LOL... Apparently, quite true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 05:00 PM

10,056 posts, read 15,725,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
The real question would then be who committed vote fraud.

If the Dem poll books were used to prevent improper voting, who in their right mind would allow the improper vote to take place and then update the Dem poll book reflecting that improper vote in a Republican run-off election?
Nobody knows for sure at this point, that is why it's so interesting. It appears that both the Democrats and the Cochran campaign desired the same result.

Old 06-27-2014, 05:15 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,828,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Nobody knows for sure at this point, that is why it's so interesting. It appears that both the Democrats and the Cochran campaign desired the same result.
But if that is the case it would be self-defeating for either group to do the 2nd update to the Dem poll book.

In short, a guaranteed way to get the vote tossed.

Old 06-27-2014, 05:19 PM

4,389 posts, read 4,250,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yes. Switching Poll Books is what is supposed to happen in a primary runoff. The article I just posted has Claude McInnis, Hinds County's Election Coordinator for the Hinds County Democratic Party Executive Committee, alleging that Perry had asked the Dems to not switch Poll Books in the runoff, The Dems stated they refused because they knew it was illegal, but Perry had succeeded doing so in some precincts anyway with the help of Connie Cochran, Sen. Cochran's sister-in-law. She's the Hinds County Election Commissioner.
Do you even know Claude McInnis? Or any of these people? Did you vote in Hinds County? I did vote in Hinds County, for the same Senate candidate that I have voted for my entire voting history. I know Claude McInnis. I find it very unlikely that he has intentionally done anything improper.

You have followed the most recent development in the Chris McDaniel saga, haven't you? I heard it when I was out at lunchtime today.

Police: Note and gun found with Mayfield's body

Attorney Mark Mayfield charged in Cochran wife photo scandal - MSNewsNow.com - Jackson, MS
God rest his soul. I hope you treat this development with the dignity and respect that his loved ones deserve. This has taken events to a level that no one would have expected.

Old 06-27-2014, 05:35 PM

89,320 posts, read 45,042,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
Do you even know Claude McInnis? Or any of these people? Did you vote in Hinds County? I did vote in Hinds County, for the same Senate candidate that I have voted for my entire voting history. I know Claude McInnis. I find it very unlikely that he has intentionally done anything improper.
I didn't say he did. I said he refused to act illegally. The blame, at least for what happened on the election officials' end of the Hinds County runoff elections, seems to rest squarely on Pete Perry (Hinds County Republican Party Chairman) and Connie Cochran (Hinds County Election Commissioner), who just happens to be Senator Cochran's sister-in-law.

It's GOP corruption. That's why so many Mississippians wanted to get rid of Cochran and were so supportive of McDaniel.

Quote:
You have followed the most recent development in the Chris McDaniel saga, haven't you?
Yes, and it's extremely tragic. So sad for the family.

Old 06-27-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
But if that is the case it would be self-defeating for either group to do the 2nd update to the Dem poll book.

In short, a guaranteed way to get the vote tossed.
Could be, but nobody claimed these people are smart. You have to reconcile the vote total with the number of people who checked in. There are also reports that these poll workers weren't instructed about the exact requirements for casting a ballot until well after the voting was underway.

Old 06-27-2014, 05:53 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,049,844 times
Everyone, and especially the establishment and liberals could learn something from this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIgjOX1jJXw

Especially those out there who are used, just like the people in Mississippi who were targeted with ads, fliers, robocalls proclaiming that Cochrans opponent is racist and yada yada yada. Quit being so gullible like they expect you to be. Quit staying in the box they put you in.

Old 06-27-2014, 05:57 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,049,844 times
Quote:
True. And they used the same tactics. Go to blacks, use the race card and say Cochrans opponent is racist and wants to keep them from voting and everything else despicable that was said about him. Im just as disappointed in the human race who fall for such lies as those who carry them out.

And I think it's a fact at this point, they dont use those tactics, Cochran would've lost big.

Old 06-27-2014, 06:52 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,828,560 times
Quote:
Could be, but nobody claimed these people are smart. You have to reconcile the vote total with the number of people who checked in. There are also reports that these poll workers weren't instructed about the exact requirements for casting a ballot until well after the voting was underway.
Perhaps they weren't instructed very well. But it is a real stretch for anyone to update the Dem poll books for any reason in the Rep run-off election.

Old 06-27-2014, 06:59 PM

They have to account for the number of voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections