Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2014, 09:53 AM

4,396 posts, read 4,273,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
If you Progs are for the GOP, I'm definitely against it. There are MILLIONS of us. More than you think.
But are you a majority? That's what is required to win elections. Fifty percent plus one. Is that what McDaniel's search for irregularities going to turn up? Time is running out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 10:14 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,914,055 times
Quote:
If you Progs are for the GOP, I'm definitely against it. There are MILLIONS of us. More than you think.
The Tea Party is supported by less than 20% of the population. But you keep on believing you have the numbers to overthrow the GOP. It will be fun to watch you get crushed.

Even if I seldom agree with their platform, at least the establishment GOP isn't bat**** crazy, like the Tea Party. It will be great for the country when they are finally put down. Can't happen soon enough.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
But are you a majority? That's what is required to win elections. Fifty percent plus one. Is that what McDaniel's search for irregularities going to turn up? Time is running out.
Tomorrow Cochran will be certified as the winner. And in response, McDaniel is now fundraising to raise enough for a legal challenge.

"He outlined his plans in a fundraising email to supporters Wednesday.

"We have a long fight ahead of us. I know exactly how long and frustrating court battles can be, but I believe this will be worth it. There is too much at stake to back down from this fight," McDaniel said.

"The problem is that court cases are expensive, and we don’t currently have the resources to mount the legal challenge that this case deserves. Please, take a moment to contribute to the Election Challenge Fund to help me contest this corrupt election."

Chris McDaniel's Legal Challenge - Business Insider

I think all Tea Partiers should respond to his call. Send money. Better make it lots of money, too, as McDaniel is going to need it after he loses in court.

McDaniel is the definition of a sore loser.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:32 AM

10,081 posts, read 15,825,385 times
The McDaniel campaign has just filed the challenge. They claim they've identified 4900 improper votes, so far.

McDaniel Campaign Begins Legal Challege in Mississippi GOP Primary - TIME

Old 07-03-2014, 12:19 PM

42,732 posts, read 30,014,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
The McDaniel campaign has just filed the challenge. They claim they've identified 4900 improper votes, so far.

They are challenging approximately 4900 votes. Just because they think there is some kind of "irregularity" does not mean that the vote can be invalidated. And they have a long, long road to go before roughly 7000 votes can be invalidated.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:47 PM

15,604 posts, read 10,624,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Interestingly, Cruz is actually hurting his popularity by looking the other way on this. Many have noticed and are NOT happy with Cruz's "not me, not my problem" attitude. Honest people won't elect someone who looks the other way and gives corruption a pass.
Omgoodness, the "many" have decided Cruz made a little misstep, hilarious. He doesn't know if anything illegal went on or not, it's best that he does stay out of it. Chris McDaniel needs to take lessons from Eric Cantor. Cantor had a lot more on his plate, yet bowed out extremely graciously.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:51 PM

20,696 posts, read 12,602,552 times
Quote:
You need to round them all up and get to Mississippi fast. The loser needs more help.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post

He's talking about a write in campaign. Boy, the Tea Party really wants to lose yet another "safe" Senate seat, don't they?

Old 07-03-2014, 03:13 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,043,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The Tea Party is supported by less than 20% of the population. But you keep on believing you have the numbers to overthrow the GOP. It will be fun to watch you get crushed.

The Mainstream beat them regularly in 2014 w/o much effort. 80/20 works the same way..every time.

Old 07-03-2014, 03:14 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,043,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Apparently not enough - considering that the TP primary record is not that great this time around.

Ken
My Mets have a better winning % than the TP in 2014!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections