Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2014, 05:35 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,452,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Interesting how you try to defend Richardson, yet I doubt you know what his platform is, what he plans to do as governor, all you have done is said you want anybody but Kitzhaber. Let me know when you figure out what Richardson's platform is....though at this point in the game, it is too late for Richardson to try and prove that.
Sounds like you don't know or don't want to know anything about Richardson other than he is not Kitzhaber.

Figure it out for yourself.
Funny I don't hear you defending Kitz, or telling us what HIS platform is?

It's back to the mind-simple, silly old original Urbanlife argument:

Kitzhaber GOOD
Richardson BAD

So Kitz has some kind of a platform.
Too bad that in twelve years he hasn't been able to achieve much of anything except a truckload of ethics and corruption complaints.

Last edited by pdxMIKEpdx; 10-31-2014 at 05:51 PM..

Old 10-31-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Why is this so important to you? So you want you are saying is you want politicians like Neil Goldschmidt? He was asked to be the US Secretary of Transportation. If you want a state where all the politicians are using their state for bigger jobs, maybe you should move to a state like Virginia.
What he is trying to tell you is that Caliber of Oregon politicians is such that absolutely none of them would be even remotely considered material for a national/federal position.
(Except for Dennis Richardson, of course!)

He is not trying to tell you what you think he is trying to tell you.
Pay attention.

Kitzhaber has blown any chances he ever had of a political career after governorship.

Neil Goldschmidt (the Democrat child molester and child rapist) would never be considered either if the truth about him was known back then.

As far as Blumenauer goes, he really needs to retire.
He's out of touch with Oregon and just not relevant anymore.
Barely anyone in Oregon who hasn't lived here more than five years really even knows who he is, let alone what he looks like.

Last edited by pdxMIKEpdx; 10-31-2014 at 06:07 PM..

Old 10-31-2014, 06:44 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,169,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
Sounds like you don't know or don't want to know anything about Richardson other than he is not Kitzhaber.

Figure it out for yourself.
Funny I don't hear you defending Kitz, or telling us what HIS platform is?

It's back to the mind-simple, silly old original Urbanlife argument:

Kitzhaber GOOD
Richardson BAD

So Kitz has some kind of a platform.
Too bad that in twelve years he hasn't been able to achieve much of anything except a truckload of ethics and corruption complaints.
I see you still don't know what Richardson's platform is other than Not Kitzhaber.

Old 10-31-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
What he is trying to tell you is that Caliber of Oregon politicians is such that absolutely none of them would be even remotely considered material for a national/federal position.
(Except for Dennis Richardson, of course!)

He is not trying to tell you what you think he is trying to tell you.
Pay attention.

Kitzhaber has blown any chances he ever had of a political career after governorship.

Neil Goldschmidt (the Democrat child molester and child rapist) would never be considered either if the truth about him was known back then.

As far as Blumenauer goes, he really needs to retire.
He's out of touch with Oregon and just not relevant anymore.
Barely anyone in Oregon who hasn't lived here more than five years really even knows who he is, let alone what he looks like.
Why would anyone care that their state's politicians aren't DC Beltway politicians. In my book, that is a good thing.

Did Kitzhaber have any political plans after being governor? He never seemed like one interested in going for politics in DC.

That doesn't change the fact that Goldschmidt was on the presidential cabinet.

I disagree with you about Blumenauer, and enough people know who he is seeing he winning election after election and has shown he has his district mind when he goes to DC.

In case you forgot what Blumenauer looked like.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:32 PM

https://asunews.asu.edu/20141029-bus...ings-mcpheters

Old 11-03-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Why would anyone care that their state's politicians aren't DC Beltway politicians. In my book, that is a good thing.

In my book that's a good thing too.
But you still don't understand.
What he is trying to tell you is that even if Oregon's politicians wanted to be "DC Beltway" politicians, none of them are good enough to compete in that world.

Did Kitzhaber have any political plans after being governor? He never seemed like one interested in going for politics in DC.

It doesn't matter *now*, does it, and who knows what his future plans may have been.
Certainly not me or you.

Kitzhaber's future career is dead, and if he gets re-elected, he will be an ineffectual lame duck waste of time, worrying more about his legal battles than governing the State of Oregon.

IF Kitzhaber was a basketball coach, he would have been replaced in the middle of his third season.
It's too bad we scrutinize and evaluate our sports coaches more than our governors.

That doesn't change the fact that Goldschmidt was on the presidential cabinet.

And it still doesn't change the fact he molested and raped a thirteen year old girl.

I disagree with you about Blumenauer, and enough people know who he is seeing he winning election after election and has shown he has his district mind when he goes to DC.

He gets re-elected on name recognition alone, and the fact that his competitors are not well known.
What has Blumenauer done for Oregon lately?
When was the last time he visited Oregon?
He didn't even show up for this election cycle.
Last time he just made a few commercials, and that was it.
What would you know about "Earl the Pearl "and his Oregon political history anyway?
Unlike some of us, who have followed his career since he was a young man?

What kind of perspective do YOU have?
Oh yeah, I forgot that you just moved here, and now think you know everything about Oregon and it's politics.

In case you forgot what Blumenauer looked like.
I didn't want to be reminded, but thanks anyway.

Last edited by pdxMIKEpdx; 11-03-2014 at 10:14 AM..

Old 11-03-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Who cares, our Representatives and Senators do a great job for Oregon, I don't care if someone here thinks they couldn't be president or whatever. I don't vote for DC Beltway politicians. Why would anyone support that kind of crony politics for their own state?

How would Kitzhaber be a lame duck if the Democrats control the Legislative Branch?

What Goldschmidt did doesn't change the fact that he ACTUALLY served in a presidential cabinet. Just pointing that out to someone else who thinks Oregon politicians don't get picked for those spots.

Maybe you should follow Blumenauer's facebook page if you aren't sure where he has been recently.
https://www.facebook.com/blumenauer

In case you haven't been paying attention to what Blumenauer does, which seems to be the case.
Blumenauer: Bill would save Highway Trust Fund, Oregon projects - Portland Business Journal
Oregon Congressman Pushes End-Of-Life Conversations | Northwest Public Radio
Rep. Earl Blumenauer pushes green bill that would help Portland railcar builder | OregonLive.com
New Bill Pushes For $50 Million To Restore Columbia River · EarthFix · Oregon Public Broadcasting

Guess you haven't been paying attention to what our Representatives and Senators actually do for Oregon.

I love how you mention Earl the Pearl, I love the opinion of people who dislike everything about Earl because their reasoning is just hilarious.

Yep, I just moved here...after living here for about a decade and haven't really stopped following what has been going on in Oregon over the past two years. You aren't talking to some Portland newbie.

You are welcome for the reminder, it seems like you have no idea who Blumenauer is or what he does based on your post which is really disappointing for a Portlander like yourself.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:13 AM

I can google something on a moments notice and save face too..........

But, it still doesn't change the fact that you have been wrong and very clueless in all but a few of your assumptions of Oregon politics and it's candidates.

No matter how intelligent you think you sound, that's when your naivety really shows through.

Sorry, but it's the truth.

BTW, Good Luck in Portland.
My guess that after you have lived in the Portland city limits a few years (if you even do now), you will mature and realize what I am talking about, and move out of the city limits and Multnomah county.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
I can google something on a moments notice and save face too..........

But, it still doesn't change the fact that you have been wrong and very clueless in all but a few of your assumptions of Oregon politics and it's candidates.

No matter how intelligent you think you sound, that's when your naivety really shows through.

Sorry, but it's the truth.

BTW, Good Luck in Portland.
My guess that after you have lived in the Portland city limits a few years (if you even do now), you will mature and realize what I am talking about, and move out of the city limits and Multnomah county.
Lived in Portland for 10 years and still love it, and I plan on buying a house in Portland in a few years to stay there for good.

Hardly trying to save face, though I love how you totally ignored that fact that you are completely wrong and I just pointed that out to you. It makes this conversation so much more funny.

Sorry, kiddo, but I actually study up on Portland politicians, not just listen to what Lars Larson tells me to think.

Old 11-03-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Sorry, kiddo, but I actually study up on Portland politicians, not just listen to what Lars Larson tells me to think.
Sure you do.
I can tell.

The comment about Lars is probably the most intelligent thing I have ever seen you post.
Good for you!

Lars is almost as bad as Kitzhaber.
I can't believe you actually listen to him.

Quote:
Lived in Portland for 10 years and still love it, and I plan on buying a house in Portland in a few years to stay there for good.
Ten years?
How come you are so clueless then?
You must not be paying attention.
When you start looking at the finances and what it costs to live within the city limits you will see what I mean.
Being single and renting and being a family man and owning are two different animals in Portland.

Quote:
Hardly trying to save face, though I love how you totally ignored that fact that you are completely wrong and I just pointed that out to you. It makes this conversation so much more funny.
What's really funny is that you just telling me I am wrong, doesn't make me wrong, especially when you actually have no idea what you are talking about.

"Pushing for" and "trying to introduce" isn't getting things done.
It's just PR and talk to make it sound like he is actually doing something.
But, what is it that he actually has done for Oregon lately?
BTW, you make think "researching" and facebooking is the "be all, end all", but some of us have actually lived in Oregon long enough to know what happens here in real life.

You'll learn someday too, Kiddo.

Last edited by pdxMIKEpdx; 11-03-2014 at 12:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections