Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2014, 12:39 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,239,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
Sure you do.
I can tell.

The comment about Lars is probably the most intelligent thing I have ever seen you post.
Good for you!

Lars is almost as bad as Kitzhaber.
I can't believe you actually listen to him.

Well, when you start looking at the finances and what it costs to live within the city limits you will see what I mean.
Being single and renting and being a family man and owning are two different animals in Portland.
I don't listen to talk radio, I prefer music when I drive, but don't worry I wouldn't admit to listening to Lars if I were you.

I am well aware that being single and being married are different. I have done both now, and I like being married. I know plenty of families that live in Portland and have no problem doing it. Sorry, but not everyone has your same distaste for Portland.

You act like I have no idea what it costs to live in Portland, makes me wonder what you actually know.

It seems I know more about Blumenauer than you do based off your posts.

Old 11-03-2014, 12:56 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,465,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I don't listen to talk radio, I prefer music when I drive, but don't worry I wouldn't admit to listening to Lars if I were you.

You were the one that brought up Lars?
Why would you think I listen to him?
Oh of course!
You don't pay attention to what people say to you!

I am well aware that being single and being married are different. I have done both now, and I like being married. I know plenty of families that live in Portland and have no problem doing it. Sorry, but not everyone has your same distaste for Portland.
You know, You keep telling me what I feel and what I dislike, and you are always wrong.
Like I said, before, just because you say it, doesn't make it true.
I wish you didn't fabricate things so much.
I don't know why you do that, but it must be because you don't pay attention and only believe what you want to believe.

You act like I have no idea what it costs to live in Portland, makes me wonder what you actually know.
Like I said, your little bubble of Portland fantasy will burst, and soon.
I've lived my whole life in Portland and unlike you, I know what I am talking about.

It seems I know more about Blumenauer than you do based off your posts.
Yeah right. I'm in my sixties and have lived in Portland all my life.
Have you?
I've known Blumenauer a long, long time.
I had to deal with him quite a bit (personally) when he was a city councilman.
He was good then, but now he is not relevant, and needs to retire.

See that?
I make one little comment about Blumenauer, you go off saying that I hate him and know nothing about him, yet your statements are the farthest thing from the truth.

I didn't say anything about Blumenauer that you say I did, yet you made up all that crap so you could feel good about yourself and make it seem like you know what you are talking about...

Yet you really aren't saying anything of value.

So Sad, Kiddo.

Last edited by pdxMIKEpdx; 11-03-2014 at 01:07 PM..

Old 11-03-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
Don't worry, I can understand why you wouldn't want to admit to Lars, not something one should be proud of. But it definitely makes sense where you get your political information from in Oregon based on your posts.

I get a kick out of your posts, you like to badmouth Portland constantly saying all these things you dislike about it, but when someone says you dislike Portland you try to walk back your previous posts. You can say you like Portland all you want, but based on your past posts you aren't that convincing.

Well kiddo, I will let you know when that fantasy of Portland bursts....when is it suppose to happen? I have been here for about a decade and have no plans of leaving.

Well I am 36 and have lived in Portland for a decade....so no, I haven't lived in Portland for 60 years. Of course I do live in Portland now, something you can't say you still do.

Oh so now you think Blumenauer was once good but not good anymore, so what changed about him to make you not like him anymore? Sounds like it might be you who have changed seeing you have been overlooking the things Blumenauer does for Oregon and the time he spends in Oregon listening to the needs of the people he represents.

Your one statement about Blumenauer tells a lot about yourself and your thoughts about him as a politician.

Funny, I am still waiting for you to add value to this conversation because each one of your claims have been so easy to disprove.

So which Republicans did you vote for this election...I assume you have already voted, I know I did and Kitzhaber, Merkley and Blumenauer all got my vote. Guess you didn't do a good job convincing me to vote for Richardson and Wehby.

Old 11-03-2014, 03:01 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,465,622 times
Quote:
Don't worry, I can understand why you wouldn't want to admit to Lars, not something one should be proud of. But it definitely makes sense where you get your political information from in Oregon based on your posts.

That is an assumption on your part.

I get a kick out of your posts, you like to badmouth Portland constantly saying all these things you dislike about it, but when someone says you dislike Portland you try to walk back your previous posts. You can say you like Portland all you want, but based on your past posts you aren't that convincing.

Yeah right.
Why don't you post links to all my posts where I so horribly badmouth Portland so you can prove that you are not lying and making all this up?
I think you are, for some reason.

Well kiddo, I will let you know when that fantasy of Portland bursts....when is it suppose to happen? I have been here for about a decade and have no plans of leaving.

About a decade? Based on your short post history, you are lying about this too.

Well I am 36 and have lived in Portland for a decade....so no, I haven't lived in Portland for 60 years. Of course I do live in Portland now, something you can't say you still do.

Well, I las born in, and lived in Portland for over sixty years, and I still own two houses in Portland.
I visit and spend time in Portland everyday.
You have lived here for a full consecutive decade?
I know you didn't say that but still?
Stretching the truth, making up stuff, and lying again?

Oh so now you think Blumenauer was once good but not good anymore, so what changed about him to make you not like him anymore? Sounds like it might be you who have changed seeing you have been overlooking the things Blumenauer does for Oregon and the time he spends in Oregon listening to the needs of the people he represents.

I told you.
I don't think he is relevant to Portland or Oregon anymore and should retire.
That's all I said.
Making up stuff, putting words in my mouth and lying again?

Your one statement about Blumenauer tells a lot about yourself and your thoughts about him as a politician.

Yeah, I realize that Kitzhaber is a corrupt inept politician and Blumenauer is well past his prime.
So What? That's bad?
What kind of factless, meaningless, baseless, misdirected accusation is this?

Funny, I am still waiting for you to add value to this conversation because each one of your claims have been so easy to disprove.

Funny, I have been waiting for you to provide ANY fact, stop lying, obfuscating, putting words in my mouth, misdirecting, changing the point and waiting for you to use any concrete argument to support yourself and your arguments.
I guess we are even.

So which Republicans did you vote for this election...I assume you have already voted, I know I did and Kitzhaber, Merkley and Blumenauer all got my vote. Guess you didn't do a good job convincing me to vote for Richardson and Wehby.

Thank you for voting!!

Like I have told you over and over and over and over again, but you chose to either ignore or just don't understand that I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN. I AM NOT A DEMOCRAT. I AM MORE LIBERAL THAN MODERATE.
You choose to ignore what I tell you just so you can argue with yourself I guess.

You seem to think I am republican which I told you over and over that I am not, and you just plain make up all the other stuff.

I have also told you over and over and over and over again that I didn't post in this thread to convince you of anything, or to vote for anybody.

So in summary, you have lied, fabricated, obfuscated, misdirected, assumed the wrong things, glossed over the truth, put words in my mouth, ignored facts, falsified information, and just plain showed what kind of character, integrity and moral instinct you have.

You are exactly the type of (east coast transplant) misaligned person that would vote for a man like Kitzhaber.
My last post in this thread, you may have the last word if you like.
(you will probably take it anyway)
I not even going to look at this thread anymore.

If I do, I won't respond, but I will sure be giggling and laughing at you and your reply for a long, long, time.
I've got you figured out, Kiddo, and you haven't figured out a thing about me.

Last edited by pdxMIKEpdx; 11-03-2014 at 03:10 PM..

Old 11-04-2014, 09:39 PM

Looks like we have a win for Kitzhaber, Merkley, and all the incumbents in the House. Now it is just the fun of watching what happens with the ballot measures here.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:13 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,907,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post

I don't blame them for crying. It must be painful to watch a bunch of liberal non-oregonian transplants come and throw the state off its axis.

The Californians?

They ruin every state they run to as they escape the cummunist zoo they built and worshipped for decades. They want to do the same to the other 49 states.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
The Californians?

They ruin every state they run to as they escape the cummunist zoo they built and worshipped for decades. They want to do the same to the other 49 states.
I thought the ones that were leaving California were the ones that vote Republican.

Old 11-04-2014, 11:43 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,910,290 times
Quote:
Looks like we have a win for Kitzhaber, Merkley, and all the incumbents in the House. Now it is just the fun of watching what happens with the ballot measures here.
For the night the GOP had tonight, you can have Oregon. Also, all the main ballot measures went my way.

Old 11-04-2014, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
For the night the GOP had tonight, you can have Oregon. Also, all the main ballot measures went my way.
Then there was probably a number of bills we agree on. And I am more than happy to have Oregon, I live here and this is really the only state I care about.

Old 11-04-2014, 11:50 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,972,404 times
Quote:
I thought the ones that were leaving California were the ones that vote Republican.
I'm confused. Republicans say that people are fleeing California because of its extreme liberal politics (taxes and what have you), yet Californians move across the country and "ruin" the states they move to? I'm just as confused as you, I thought the people leaving California were God-and-liberal fearing All-American Republicans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections