Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 04:30 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,381,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
While I'm not on the Warren bandwagon and don't believe she will run, the comparisons to the Mondale is hilarious. To those who think Warren is too liberal to win, what specific positions that she has do you have a problem with?
Are you kidding? "Free college," just to name one, and she is the originator (Barack Obama borrowed heavily from her) of the "you-didn't-build-that" collectivist garbage.

I think America just dealt these "collectivist" (or "Progressive," whichever you prefer) policies a 'KO' blow.

Warren is about as anti-capitalist as one can get. She is Marxist all the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2014, 06:01 PM

6,273 posts, read 5,099,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
The one chance that Warren would have would be identity politics based on her gender. But history suggests that identity politics based on gender is not nearly as effective as identity politics based on race. It did not work for Mondale-Ferraro in 1984. Mondale Ferraro lost 49 states. Nor did it work for McCain Palin in 2008.
They're floating her as the Democrat BUG (Back Up Girl) to Clinton, and as a woman the thought of Warren becoming president of the United States literally makes me sick to my stomach.

They can talk about all the touchy feely social policies they want, but without national security and without financial security nothing else matters. NOTHING.

Can you envision Elizabeth Warren sitting across the table from Putin and going toe to toe with him? Or staring middle eastern dictators in the eye and telling them that we carry the big stick and are not afraid to use it? Or making tough decisions re: border security, CIA activities, military actions, domestic terrorism, disease containment?

Can you envision Elizabeth Warren being able to reach across the political aisle and coordinate efforts to maintain the few decent paying jobs that remain in this country? Or find ways to bring decent paying jobs back to the United States? Or find ways to allow entrepeneurs to start small businesses? Or find ways to eliminate the crushing governmental structures currently in place that prohibit business expansion?

Neither can I.

Run Liz Run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqCFxg2ez44

Old 11-17-2014, 06:18 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,531,746 times
Oh, I hope she runs. She's the perfect democrat. Stupid, arrogant, and rich with a dose of lying sack of crap mixed in to round out her resume.

Old 11-17-2014, 09:28 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,730,550 times
Sawant should be her running mate. They'd make a fine pair for the Dem party (now turned Progressive).

Old 11-17-2014, 10:40 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,421,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Ahh my bad, my point was about your comparision to McGovern (I wrote Mondale by mistake), but the point still remains. I see a bunch of people on the right trying to suggest Warren is unelectable similar to how McGovern was (or Mondale as well), but can't come up with specific policy positions that make her unelectable.
OK, you could be right about it. At this point most of us really don't know a lot about Warren beyond the fact that she was the originator of 'you didn't build that' and claimed to be 1/32nd Indian with 'high cheekbones.' She has been in the US Senate for a little over a year.

But consider the link provided by Juneau. Anyone associated with 'netroots' faces an uphill challenge in a national election. We had a 'netroots' person here in WA named Darcy Burner. She ran for congress several times, and was soundly trounced, despite being the darling of Seattle liberals. She was defeated by an ex sheriff with an AA degree known mostly for his excellent hair.

I don't know a whole lot about Warren right now. But I will if she runs for prez in 2016.

Old 11-18-2014, 10:58 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,277,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
They're floating her as the Democrat BUG (Back Up Girl) to Clinton, and as a woman the thought of Warren becoming president of the United States literally makes me sick to my stomach.

They can talk about all the touchy feely social policies they want, but without national security and without financial security nothing else matters. NOTHING.
You mean women voters care about more than free contraception and abortion? [\sarcasm]

Old 11-18-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
You mean women voters care about more than free contraception and abortion? [\sarcasm]
Yeah, there are a few of us out there.

A link to consider. Maslow's hierarchy of needs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There can be some debate on this hierarchy, but I actually buy into it.

Take away heat, shelter, food (and the financial security to be able to afford those things) - and take away personal security (within your own home, within your own community, within your national borders) - and all the made up wars on fill-in-the-blank are nothing more than static and white noise.

Old 11-19-2014, 07:33 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,182,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Are you kidding? "Free college," just to name one, and she is the originator (Barack Obama borrowed heavily from her) of the "you-didn't-build-that" collectivist garbage.

I think America just dealt these "collectivist" (or "Progressive," whichever you prefer) policies a 'KO' blow.

Warren is about as anti-capitalist as one can get. She is Marxist all the way.
I was about to point out the same issues. Plus add to it, she used her so called Native American heritage to get her into college when it turned out, at best she over stated her ancestry and at worst down right lied.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I was about to point out the same issues. Plus add to it, she used her so called Native American heritage to get her into college when it turned out, at best she over stated her ancestry and at worst down right lied.
Kinda like Hillary Clinton coming under sniper fire at the airport in Bosnia? Kinda like Hillary Clinton being broke when she and Bill left the WH? Kinda like Obama being a Harvard Law Professor? THOSE kind of over-statements and lies?

Old 11-19-2014, 09:10 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,452,498 times
Default Warren is God

What she stands for is far superior to anything Republican represent, so what is laughable is the ridiculous Republican narrative and the futile attempts to criticize her. She holds the superior position on every issue...and don't you forget it either.

Warren, a leader? You bet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections