Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 04:05 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,425,087 times

Advertisements

same reasons anyone commits suicide
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2015, 06:47 PM

493 posts, read 517,071 times
House of Cards come to life?

Old 03-05-2015, 01:59 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,288,789 times
Shumaker denies making fake Schweich Facebook page
by Geoffrey Woehlk

Also at issue is a social media smear campaign of tongue-in-cheek accounts purporting to be Schweich. The Kansas City Star reported in an editorial on Monday that Shumaker set up a fake Facebook account himself. Shumaker denied the allegations Tuesday night.

“I am letting you know that I will obtain written confirmation from Facebook confirming that I did not set up the phony Facebook account as alleged,” Shumaker wrote in a text to KTVO’s Ashley Hoak.

Recently parts of the Hanaway campaign set up a fraudulent Facebook page specifically designed to look like my Facebook page,” Schweich said in his January announcement speech. “They then friended my supporters and led them to false information about my service to my country in Afghanistan.”

Immediately following that, Schweich referred to Shumaker.

“Hanaway then put on her team a lawyer who had been suspended by the Missouri Supreme Court for unethical conduct,” Schweich said. “He’s now harassing my supporters with letters telling a dizzying series of lies.”

The fake accounts perpetuated the same imagery of Schweich—as Andy Griffith Show character Barney Fife—as the PAC’s radio ad

Shumaker denies making fake Schweich Facebook page : News : HeartlandConnection.com

Old 03-05-2015, 05:02 PM

29,233 posts, read 22,506,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Bipolar is my guess or a skeleton was dug up.
Yup. I feel bad for the guy; whatever the cause of his mental problems may have been, his obsessiveness was a real good indicator mental problems existed.

It's possible there were skeletons in the closet too. Elliott Spitzer had a completely clean record as a fighter who wanted to clean up New York. It wasn't his record as a public official that brought him down, it was his private life. Same thing with Anthony Wiener.

A lot of the most aggressive guys have something screwy going on in their private lives. Such internal tension often leads to violence. I'm glad he didn't release it on his family, but I'm sad he didn't seek treatment. He didn't have to die; help is available.

Old 03-11-2015, 01:17 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,869,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
What folks are saying is he was very upset by what he described as an anti-semitic whisper campaign against him.

Even if he had Jewish ancestry, so what?

Old 03-12-2015, 02:08 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,445,949 times
Default Who knows?

If he didn't leave a note or tell someone why, how in the world would anyone here know the answer? He obviously was a troubled soul, who had personal problems he could not live with any longer.

Old 03-12-2015, 02:12 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,288,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
If he didn't leave a note or tell someone why, how in the world would anyone here know the answer? He obviously was a troubled soul, who had personal problems he could not live with any longer.

He was talking to an Aide for John Danforth and he talked about what had been said and said he was going to shoot himself and did so moments later.

Old 03-30-2015, 07:29 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,979,351 times
And now the spokesman for his campaign has committed suicide.

Missouri tragedy’s sad new turn: Aide to late gubernatorial candidate found dead - Salon.com

Old 03-30-2015, 08:28 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,137,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
As Leroy Jethro Gibbs would say "I don't believe in coincidences" ...

Old 03-30-2015, 09:01 AM

45,603 posts, read 61,028,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
As Leroy Jethro Gibbs would say "I don't believe in coincidences" ...
Yeah, this is getting murky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections