Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 07:50 AM

143 posts, read 122,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Two of the most unprincipled and dishonest politicians to ever crawl out from under a rock.
There have been worse, but they are certainly the worst in modern memory. This upcoming election is going to be terrible, with the choice between a clown car full of rabble rousing and self aggrandizing Republicans and the Hillary traveling cavalcade of dirt and shrewd self service. That multi-million dollar NY estate didn't come from proceeds off a Presidential salary. Every one of these people is beholden to someone and it sure ain't you or me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 07:58 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,106,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusilier0770 View Post
There have been worse, but they are certainly the worst in modern memory. This upcoming election is going to be terrible, with the choice between a clown car full of rabble rousing and self aggrandizing Republicans and the Hillary traveling cavalcade of dirt and shrewd self service. That multi-million dollar NY estate didn't come from proceeds off a Presidential salary. Every one of these people is beholden to someone and it sure ain't you or me.
You'd have to go back to Nixxon to find anyone close and even Trickie Dickie didn't steal the White House china.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:41 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,178,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't see it happening. There are some (D)'s in high places looking to bring her down. Watch for the attacks to start from the same people that started the whole email attack.

Even the Democrats don't want a serial sexual predator crusing the White House and raping the next crop of interns.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:44 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,532,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Even the Democrats don't want a serial sexual predator crusing the White House and raping the next crop of interns.
I think you are mistaken. A lot of them are so depraved they would think that was pretty neat.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:45 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,541,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
She is completely damaged from scandals.

Shows the lunacy of the left to place their hopes on her.
And she's a shoo in. What's that say about the competition?

Old 04-13-2015, 09:08 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,106,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
She was a shoo in '08 too. And then Barack Obama came from out of nowhere and pulled the rug out from under her. Hilary is not quite the juggernaut her supporters think.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:15 AM

963 posts, read 690,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

Sorry, she's got NO chance. She can't speak. She can't debate. She fakes illness when the going gets rough. And she's a theif and a liar.

On the other side, we have the best group of STATESMEN you could ever hope for. They're all well qualified.

In the debates, watch for the Left to accuse them of "beating up the GIRL"

Old 04-13-2015, 09:39 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,905,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Sorry, she's got NO chance. She can't speak. She can't debate. She fakes illness when the going gets rough. And she's a theif and a liar.

On the other side, we have the best group of STATESMEN you could ever hope for. They're all well qualified.

In the debates, watch for the Left to accuse them of "beating up the GIRL"
Except that she can speak. She can debate. And if these are the best group of STATESMEN that the other side has to offer, well, carlbenator, we have a problem.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:26 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,867,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Except that she can speak. She can debate. And if these are the best group of STATESMEN that the other side has to offer, well, carlbenator, we have a problem.
I don't see any truly qualified candidates on either side at this point.

Hillary may be able to speak, but she has no stage presence. Her delivery is awful, and the tone of her voice is exceedingly unpleasant. She's full of hubris, too, as evidenced by the snotty, condescending tone during her "email server" presser ("How DARE YOU even ask me, the all-powerful Hiilary, why I did something! I will do what I want when I want!"). She truly feels she is above the law, and evidenced by the sheer number of dead bodies that she used to be friends with, she may very well be. But while she may be above the law, the one thing she is not is presidential. Obama, for all of his empty resume and unaccomplished past, at least had stage presence. He also had the media ready to pounce with the race card on anyone that called him out on his numerous shortcomings.

Politics in this country have gone from scraping the bottom of the barrel to now fishing things out of the bottom of the toilet, shining them up so they "appear" to be polished, and then waging a media campaign to see how many boxes we can check for each polished turd.

2016 may well be shaping up to be The Year of the Vagina, but it might as well be The Year of Are You Serious? Lo-fo's have turned the political arena into a TMZ-type popularity contest.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:33 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,905,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I don't see any truly qualified candidates on either side at this point.

Hillary may be able to speak, but she has no stage presence. Her delivery is awful, and the tone of her voice is exceedingly unpleasant. She's full of hubris, too, as evidenced by the snotty, condescending tone during her "email server" presser ("How DARE YOU even ask me, the all-powerful Hiilary, why I did something! I will do what I want when I want!"). She truly feels she is above the law, and evidenced by the sheer number of dead bodies that she used to be friends with, she may very well be. But while she may be above the law, the one thing she is not is presidential. Obama, for all of his empty resume and unaccomplished past, at least had stage presence. He also had the media ready to pounce with the race card on anyone that called him out on his numerous shortcomings.

Politics in this country have gone from scraping the bottom of the barrel to now fishing things out of the bottom of the toilet, shining them up so they "appear" to be polished, and then waging a media campaign to see how many boxes we can check for each polished turd.

2016 may well be shaping up to be The Year of the Vagina, but it might as well be The Year of Are You Serious? Lo-fo's have turned the political arena into a TMZ-type popularity contest.
You are entitled to your opinion. Hillary is an intelligent person, she is an able speaker whose delivery is just fine, and she has a very broad working knowledge of the government, how it works, its foreign policies, and of governments around the world. That's hardly bottom of the barrel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections