Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: WHO IS YOUR CHOICE OF THE DECLARED CANDIDATES TO DATE?
Hillary Clinton 47 43.52%
Rand Paul 26 24.07%
Ted Cruz 17 15.74%
Marco Rubio 18 16.67%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 04:40 PM

9,892 posts, read 10,831,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I voted Cruz but this is probably the first time in my lifetime that I don't already have my mind made up. The reason is that there are at least four good conservative candidates this time around: Paul, Rubio, Cruz, and Walker. Each has strengths and flaws, but I would be ecstatic with any of the four as prez. The question for me is which of the four is most electable. If you don't win, you can't enact.
This is probably the best field of Republicans in decades... Walker is definitely going to go straight to the top as soon as he announces. Think about a Walker/Rubio ticket. Any combination of the above really, although I certainly have my issues with Pauls foreign policy, I would absolutely vote for him over HRC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 04:43 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,770,897 times
You are assuming HRC is the only Democrat. I think that will change soon.

Old 04-13-2015, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
You are assuming HRC is the only Democrat. I think that will change soon.
Well, Im not assuming she is the only one who has declared. I have stated that it is unbelievable to me that others haven't gotten in yet. You got Omalley and Warren to her left that have been flirting, who do you like or do you think someone else is going to get in? I'm wondering where are the common sense rational dems that could come in and appeal to any normal folk left in the party.

Old 04-13-2015, 04:53 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,693,874 times
I'll be voting Democrat, but I'd certainly consider voting for someone else in the primary, if other Democrats declare.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I'll be voting Democrat, but I'd certainly consider voting for someone else in the primary, if other Democrats declare.
Who would be your ideal candidate?

Old 04-13-2015, 05:46 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,954,279 times
Between those four choices I will vote for Hillary, or should I say against any of the other three. Hopefully the GOP will present a better and real choice for the Indes, otherwise the Cons will be losing another National Election.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:19 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,574,770 times
So either one of the three stooges or Hillary. Tough choice here.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:23 PM

16,000 posts, read 7,052,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So either one of the three stooges or Hillary. Tough choice here.
Hillary is all that is left between the repubs and the white house and the supreme court judges who will be replaced. No brainer actually, not a tough choise. vote for hillary.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:51 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,770,925 times
Among the four you mention, Clinton.

But it's early yet, more Ds in the field could change my mind on this.

Old 04-13-2015, 07:06 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,770,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Well, Im not assuming she is the only one who has declared. I have stated that it is unbelievable to me that others haven't gotten in yet.
Because she has the big money pretty much sewn up, she will have the advantage of a very well-oiled campaign machine. Also, she has paid plenty of dues. Ds who differ with her on many policy issues have very strong feelings about how she has been treated and how obama has been treated. They *will* line up behind her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
You got Omalley and Warren to her left that have been flirting, who do you like or do you think someone else is going to get in? I'm wondering where are the common sense rational dems that could come in and appeal to any normal folk left in the party.
I'm a leftie, I really like Warren, who I believe when she says she has no intention of running. Rachel Maddow has publicly suggested Claire McCaskill as a plausible candidate, which is interesting - McCaskill is definitely a conservative D - but I dunno whether she would be interested, and I think it is already bit late for her to get a presidential campaign going.

Other people have mentioned Jim Webb. I really like most of what he says about the mideast, although he is more conservative on other issues than I'd like.

Regardless of who the Ds nominate, that's who I'll vote for. There is *no one* in the R frontrunners that I could vote for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections