Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: WHO IS YOUR CHOICE OF THE DECLARED CANDIDATES TO DATE?
Hillary Clinton 47 43.52%
Rand Paul 26 24.07%
Ted Cruz 17 15.74%
Marco Rubio 18 16.67%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 12:40 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Nita.. As the title states these are the only people who have officially declared as of the date of the thread... hence the title "Your vote as of today".
I am aware of that, but still the poll is flawed because we are splitting the R votes 3 days and the D vote 1 way. That is my point. Still they are fun and it is interesting to see how people feel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 08:13 PM

9,892 posts, read 10,831,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am aware of that, but still the poll is flawed because we are splitting the R votes 3 days and the D vote 1 way. That is my point. Still they are fun and it is interesting to see how people feel.
Well not to worry it looks like there are others getting ready to get in on both sides.

Old 04-24-2015, 06:47 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

As of 4/24/2015 we have the republican beating the Hillary.
Hillary 37
All republicans combined 47

Once the primary whittles down, all those votes go to one person.
The consensus is, anyone but Hillary or Jeb.

Old 04-26-2015, 12:59 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,375,811 times
I would have liked to have seen a poll with Walker, Jeb Bush, and possibly Jim Webb added. That would complete the list of people who are likely competitive to wind up as nominees. In the case of Webb it would be only if there is a major blunder/problem for Hillary, but such a scenario is not hard to imagine.

I don't expect Bush will do well in early primaries and will soon drop out. Not that he is a bad guy but I think the perception among GOP voters is that we don't want another Dole-McCain 'my turn' style candidate. Perception=reality. And he has the problem of his last name that would burden him in the general election. But that might be wishful thinking on my part--we'll have to wait and see.

Hillary has her clear path on the Democratic side, and on the GOP side I think it will be a dogfight between Cruz, Paul, Rubio and Walker. It's going to be about who can put together the best campaign and best team, and who can persuade that they are Reagan 2.0, not Goldwater 2.0.

Old 04-26-2015, 09:29 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,114,343 times
Of the listed choices it would be Rubio. My brain however wants someone truly moderate like Bush, Kaisch, or perhaps Portman.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:05 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,548,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Hillary 37

Karl Rove, is that you?

Old 04-26-2015, 11:09 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,574,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Hillary 37

Your consensus is fatally flawed. There will be many Republicans who want a certain candidate to run and if theirs do not get picked, they will either not vote or pick a third party which will favor Hillary.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:47 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,375,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Your consensus is fatally flawed. There will be many Republicans who want a certain candidate to run and if theirs do not get picked, they will either not vote or pick a third party which will favor Hillary.
Based on what? The only group I could see behaving like this are some of the supporters of Rand Paul, because of his unique foreign policy outlook. Hopefully if Paul is not the nominee he will have the wisdom and leadership to bring along his followers to support whomever is the nominee.

The other likely nominees are all standard issue right-wing limited-gov't, strong military conservatives in the mold of Ronald Reagan. Whichever of them ends up as nominee, there will be no reason for conservatives to stay home on election day.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:02 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,597 posts, read 16,568,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Well, Im not assuming she is the only one who has declared. I have stated that it is unbelievable to me that others haven't gotten in yet. You got Omalley and Warren to her left that have been flirting, who do you like or do you think someone else is going to get in? I'm wondering where are the common sense rational dems that could come in and appeal to any normal folk left in the party.
the fact that Hillary Clinton is already polling above 50% against some republicans proves that she not only appeals to her own party, but to the moderates and even some conservative independents as well.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:06 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,597 posts, read 16,568,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
We all know you are human, perhaps just not honest enough to see that nobody really cares enough to hate you for your sexual orientation.

We can see that you simply haven't figured out that you are allowing yourself to be played by a political manipulator(s). You also haven't figured out that you already have equal rights and protections under the law. You simply have bought the bs your party hands you that you need to have specifically spelled out legislation to make you feel special.

The same theme runs thru out all of the liberal fake outrage social issues. It's the only thing they have to run on. In the end, they will keep gays, blacks, and every other "minority" right where they are. Without them the Democrats would have no base to vote for them.

Obama and his democrat minions have divided the nation into so many different "minorities", so as to create more disaffected useful idiots to keep voting democrat. And you're all to lame brained to see the game played on you.

Wake up.

As for my vote, early on as it is, Ted Cruz seems like a defender of the Constitution. Yep, the Constitution guarantees the rights for the gay folks as well.

CN.......

If you believe Democrats are dividing people, you have every right to believe that and tell people not to vote for them because of it, but how exactly can you pretend gay people have ALL the same rights as everyone else ?

And some times it does indeed need to be specifically spelled out. Thats why we made amendments to the Constitution and US Code.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections