Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 02:45 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,268,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
So he's a RINO who can't win the tea party wing and/or the convention.
"RINO's" aka moderates win just about every Republican convention. I think your "rinos" are more concerned about beating the conservatives in their own party than they are the Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 02:55 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,070,744 times
This - don't know how to prioritize - is your opinion. I'll respect it, even though I do not hold the same opinion. No war is won at once, in one battle. Look at how long it has taken to get some rollback in abortions.

Improving, or allowing the continued decadence of this nation as a whole is a war. Won, battle by battle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Picking battles like contraceptives shows they don't know how to prioritize. Very few people care about contraceptives, and it seems the only reason they picked that battle was so they can score a "win".

It's not about wins and losses. It's about improving the nation as whole.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:17 PM

546 posts, read 409,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
For the left, it's not. Like you said, it may be wrong, but people have the right to be wrong. What is not OK is to discriminate based on that belief. Should doctors be allowed to reject gay people at hospitals? What if someone contracted HIV due to their lifestyle? Should a doctor be allowed to turn them away? I think not.

The doctor can SAY all he wants about them, but they have just as much a right to live as the strait person that contracted HIV from a heterosexual encounter with a hooker (or IV Drugs, or at birth from their mother).

I can't tell from your post where you stand on this (somewhat ambiguous), but it has been through the Supreme Court and there is ABSOLUTELY NO ROOM FOR AN INTERPRETATION FOR THE LAW THAT ALLOWS PEOPLE TO DISCRIMINATE ON RELIGIOUS GROUNDS. This is Rosa Parks, or the Greensboro Woolworth's all over again.
There are already laws that provide for emergency medical situations.

I don't support discrimination against gays in general. BEING gay isn't a sin. Just kicking people out because your gaydar goes off is ridiculous, and if state law names sexual orientation as a protected class, so be it. But I think weddings are different though, IMO, with regard to being required to provide services for them. Marriage is a sacrament for some, and being required to participate in what they consider a sacrilegious ceremony is a violation of their faith that I don't think the state should be involved with. I personally would not have a problem providing services to any wedding, but that's me, and probably the vast majority of merchants.

Not to mention, today is not the 60s. With today's technology and communication, people can't hide their prejudices, and I think the free market is far more able to prevent the vast majority of discrimination, because when people are treated badly, word gets out, and fast. I certainly wouldn't patronize an establishment that has displayed a pattern of overt bigotry, nor would most people.

I'd prefer to see people doing the right thing because they want to, not because they have to. And if they want to because they know it'll destroy their livelihood, that works, without the force of law.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:20 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,453,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I agree and I'm thinking Rubio might be a really strong candidate.
He sure hasn't done anything positive here in Florida!

Old 04-18-2015, 12:29 AM

2,821 posts, read 3,541,147 times
Quote:
Conservatives should be looking for someone who is not afraid to push back at the situation we are seeing with businesses being forced act against their religious beliefs.
Yep, no one has balls anymore in this country because they are afraid of the PC liberals. I would vote for someone in an instant who said, this is how I feel about that and if you don't like it, you can **** off. There are no more real men left in this country anymore, bunch of pu**ies. The real men were the WWII generation and sadly they are all dying off.

Old 04-18-2015, 02:24 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,830,100 times
And the PC liberals have a collective orgasm. But whatever it takes to win, right?

Old 04-18-2015, 05:54 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,963,327 times
Quote:
Are you impressed when he talks about immigration?
I am not opposed to a path to citizenship as long as the border is fully secured first.

Old 04-18-2015, 08:26 AM

63,007 posts, read 29,194,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I am not opposed to a path to citizenship as long as the border is fully secured first.

Really? So it's ok to reward law breakers just as long as the border is secured? All that will do is encourage more to come and there is no way of securing the border completely. When does it end? We need the jobs that these illegals are holding. By allowing them to remain here they will be able to continue to hold them. Not to mention that they will all vote Democrat if they become citizens. Not only that but they are and will continue to be a tax burden to this country because they are low wage earners with numerous kids. Nope! Remove the incentives such as jobs, benefits and birthright citizenship and many if not most will leave and it will discourage more from coming. That's the right solution for the American people and after all whose country is this anyway?

Isn't this topic supposed to me about gay marriage anyway?

Old 04-18-2015, 08:47 AM

950 posts, read 925,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
What is funny is many of the OP is bashing Rubio for at least being open minded on the Gay Marriage. However He does not have to put the rubber stamp of approval on it too. Sins are between the Sinner and God.
We will have see how that works out for Fallen Life Styles!

When one attends a gay wedding they are ........"putting the rubber stamp of approval on it "

If one disapproves of gay marriage, why would you attend a gay marriage?

Old 04-18-2015, 08:51 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,891,264 times
Default Decline

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Who wouldn't attend a gay wedding if invited and it's someone you care for or love???

Oh that's right, Democrats want people to believe all kind of things we didn't know we believed.
I have been invited and yes we have declined on Godly Principles. The Gentlemen did understand and believe it or not we are still respected friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections