Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 01:10 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
Mr. Rubio is certainly entitled to his view on this issue, although I can't see it helping him very much. The gay community will still undoubtably vote for the other party.
How about the Log Cabin republicans, do you think they are going to support Hillary or whomever runs on the D side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 01:27 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,279,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
He sure hasn't done anything positive here in Florida!
I agree, and apparently so does the rest of Florida

Florida Tepid Toward Bush, Rubio runs - Public Policy Polling

Marco Rubio's Florida 'Market Based' Anti-Obamacare Program Results In Humiliating Defeat

Old 04-19-2015, 04:24 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,955,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
How about the Log Cabin republicans, do you think they are going to support Hillary or whomever runs on the D side.
Probably not. They are Republicans and agree with most platforms of the GOP, except anything that is blatantly anti-gay. If the Republican Party nominates someone who is not brazenly anti-gay, I'm sure not only the Log Cabin club, but other LGBT people will vote for their candidate. However - Ted Cruz, Bobby Jindal, Rick Santorum, and Mike Huckabee are perceived as "enemies" in the LGBT community and if any one of those four are the candidate I expect the Log Cabin and other gay GOP'ers will sit out the election as they did in 2012.

Old 04-19-2015, 04:33 PM

50,388 posts, read 64,062,004 times
I have not read the entire thread. His response today on gay marriage was thoughtful and I agree with it. Marriage is a male/female union. He also has respect for gay unions, as do I. Just call it something else.

Old 04-19-2015, 06:39 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,963,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I have not read the entire thread. His response today on gay marriage was thoughtful and I agree with it. Marriage is a male/female union. He also has respect for gay unions, as do I. Just call it something else.
No. You must call it marriage and you must bake their cakes.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:20 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,131,803 times
Meh, there will still be fights over the rights of business owners to deny services for same-sex weddings over the coming years, and a not-insignificant chunk of the American public will continue to hold personal opposition to homosexual behavior, but the LGBTs' fight for legal, civil recognition of same-sex marriages will likely be over by this summer.

To that, I say thank goodness, and not just as a supporter of same-sex marriage. This presidential election should not be determined based on social issues like abortion and LGBT rights, but on the economy and foreign policy. It's too bad that some people continue to possess an almost laser-like focus on social issues, whether in the mainstream media or out on the campaign trail.

- skbl17
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections