Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 09:41 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,375,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Hilary is a wino? Well, at least that's one point in her favor.
I've read several books about her in past months figuring that it's at least 50-50 that she will be our next US prez. In every book there comes the moment where Hillary has a wine glass in her hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 11:43 AM

4,585 posts, read 3,413,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I've read several books about her in past months figuring that it's at least 50-50 that she will be our next US prez. In every book there comes the moment where Hillary has a wine glass in her hand.
She's practicing for he Do Equis "Least attractive woman in the world" ads.

"I don't often drink beer, but when I do I lie about, because..what difference does it make"

Old 04-23-2015, 01:21 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How was I whining and I wasn't even being defensive. lol And no I wasn't concerned about John McCain's looks. What does looks have to do with being president anyway. And if age is a factor then maybe we should have an age limit on who can run.
It has less to do with age than it does overalll health. Many people questioned McCain's health because of the milanomas. Well he seems to be just fine. Knowing her history, her health could plan a roll, but right now, it doesn't seem to be an issue. The next few months will tell. Let's hope her health does hold out.I may not be able to stand her, but I wouldn't want bad health to affect her running.

Old 04-23-2015, 06:08 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,203,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Do you miss every time Christi is talked about in the media?

I'm just wondering because their is a heavy amount of fat shaming going on with him, and yes the pun was intended.
I watch almost no mainstream media, so I haven't heard any fat comments about him, if I had I would not approve of that either. It's very frustrating that there are a good number of people who always reduce women, no matter how intelligent and accomplished they may be, to their looks. The fat ankles/turkey waddle jokes I referred to were NOT about health, they were about looks. Politicians of either gender should be judged on their qualifications. I've never heard a male politician be referred to as a dried up old hag, dumpy, or looking like a wicked old witch, as I've often read for some women in office. McCain was often questioned about age and health, the same will be done for Hillary, that's fair. I just hope people can learn to keep it truly about health concerns, and leave looks/clothing choices out of it.

Old 04-23-2015, 06:25 PM

24,512 posts, read 33,334,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
The oldest president to assume office was Ronald Reagan age 69.

Hillary is 67 now, will she be the oldest President in history ?
No, because Reagan was 70 years old less than 3 weeks after he was inaugurated.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:39 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,506,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I watch almost no mainstream media, so I haven't heard any fat comments about him, if I had I would not approve of that either. It's very frustrating that there are a good number of people who always reduce women, no matter how intelligent and accomplished they may be, to their looks. The fat ankles/turkey waddle jokes I referred to were NOT about health, they were about looks. Politicians of either gender should be judged on their qualifications. I've never heard a male politician be referred to as a dried up old hag, dumpy, or looking like a wicked old witch, as I've often read for some women in office. McCain was often questioned about age and health, the same will be done for Hillary, that's fair. I just hope people can learn to keep it truly about health concerns, and leave looks/clothing choices out of it.
fat ankles comments are not really about LOOKS....most people(at least the non-shallow ones) could care less about looks or attractiveness

but fat ankles can/are a sign of water retention...could be a sign of diabetes, or bad circulation (ie blood clots), and congestive heart failure

she has a history of fainting, blood clots, and certainly the appearance of what could have been a minor stroke

I don't think she is being picked on for being a woman, or being unattractive or anything about her looks....

but age and health are certainly an issue.... and this is an issue about any candidate

let's look at things objectively:
1. she has already over the last 7 years mentioned some health issues to include memory loss (some even theorize that she may have had a minor stroke)
her fainting and concussion.... Hillary Clinton faints, has concussion - CNN.com

Hillary

her possible mild stroke... Did Hillary Clinton suffer a stroke? If so, what about 2016? (Photos) - Washington DC Government careers | Examiner.com

the blood clot in her brain..(one of the reasons why some think minor stroke).... Hillary Clinton Blood Clot Was Life-Threatening, Say Medical Experts - ABC News

2. at 69 she will be in the same age bracket that people called Reagan, Ron Paul, McCain, bob dole and a few others '''too old""....Reagan took office at 69...ron paul was 73 for the 08' election and 77 for the 12' election....McCain was 72 in 08'....dole was 73 in 96' running against bill clinton

3. on top of that her choice of VP will be a VERY BIG thing, IF there is truly a medical issue or she is ''too old''....since VP to POTUS is an ascension thing, her choice of VP with questionable health/age can be a major concern of anyone thinking of voting for her (think about the 08 republican side....McCain was said to be too old and in too bad of health...and people were very afraid he would die in office and Palin would be elevated to POTUS)

4. not to mention she now has a very long list of baggage and skeletons in her closet.......she very well might not be the ideal choice of the democrat party

Old 04-24-2015, 09:06 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,063,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
She's practicing for he Do Equis "Least attractive woman in the world" ads.

"I don't often drink beer, but when I do I lie about, because..what difference does it make"
That one ludicrous remark by HRC is going to nail her; very obvious that she is nothing more than self-serving.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:25 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,743,089 times
Hillary is one year younger than Mitt Romney and five years younger than Joe Biden. She's five years older than Jeb Bush. Granted, at 67 years old, she's no spring chicken. She's older than every Republican that is running or that might run. If elected, Hillary Clinton will be the second oldest President in US history -- just slightly younger than Ronald Reagan was when he first took office. I don't see it as a deal breaker. Reagan did just fine. But turnabout is fair play: The Dems took issue with Reagan's age so they can't complain if the Republicans do the same thing. Chances are, the American people will react in much the same way. They won't care one bit.

People seem to like to sidetrack a lot. Hillary isn't a bad candidate because she's old. She isn't a bad candidate because she's a woman. I won't be voting for the lady, but let's come up with logical reasons for disliking her.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:55 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,203,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
fat ankles comments are not really about LOOKS....most people(at least the non-shallow ones) could care less about looks or attractiveness

but fat ankles can/are a sign of water retention...could be a sign of diabetes, or bad circulation (ie blood clots), and congestive heart failure
The context of the fat ankle thing was a joke, and it was clearly about looks, not health concerns. Fat ankle jokes about women are common, and it's not surprising someone just had to do it. It's not a huge deal, most people understand a female candidate should be judged only by her ability to perform the job, and not her looks, sometimes people just say/write stupid things. I've already said real health concerns are fair game, but to pretend every dumb comment is somehow, if just thought out enough, only actually about health is ridiculous.

Last edited by detshen; 04-24-2015 at 12:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections