Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 08:26 AM

39,093 posts, read 51,289,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
I think Megyn Kelly deserves a nice raise for stumping the GOPers on the Iraq War question.

Seriously though, its no surprise how "Knowing what we know now, would you still have invaded Iraq?" has been intentionally twisted by the far right as, "Knowing what we knew then, would you still have invaded Iraq?"

Jeb knew full well the question. He wasn't "confused." He answered honestly because did not want to alienate any of his future foreign policy advisor hopefuls by claiming publicly that he would have done a 180 on Iraq. Of course the American people aren't going to like his answer but his perspective is basically oh well, I can backtrack later. Remember, he's bringing back the old gang. He is not going to betray their trust on national television.
It's the same answer and the American people should demand that. Hell, No. WMD's or no WMDs, we should not have invaded another country on the ridiculous pretext of the "Bush Doctrine". Had Bush a brain in his head or paid any attention to the lessons of Vietnam (where he avoided service), he would never have committed this nation to a losing effort that Iraq was surely going to be. And don't give me Hillary voted for it as some justification. She was just as wrong as Bush.

Both J. Bush and Clinton as well as any other person who wants the job should be saying that Iraq was a mistake - a mistake that they have learned from and will never do something that stupid while they are in the White House.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:16 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,986,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
He is going to have to deal with his comment on legalization of illegals BEFORE we secure the border. That's not going to go away.

Having said that, I was glad to see that he didn't allow Chris Wallace to push him around. Sometimes, most of the time, Wallace acts like Chris Matthews.
He kept purposely not answering the question because he knew that is answer is going to be unpopular. The man is a chickenhawk war monger who really does believe invading Iraq was a good idea, that is why he kept refusing to answer. I was glad to see a reporter with some balls that didn't just let him slide by giving non-answers. The man's running for President for godssake he should be pressed and grilled in every interview. All the candidates should. Hillary Clinton has been hiding in a bubble since she announced.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:44 PM

1,830 posts, read 1,655,850 times
Oops!
Marco's personal finances might not be a good model for the Federal budget.

Lots of student debt, $80,000 boat, several zero down mortgages, mixing personal and political money, plus unpaid fees.

--"Struggles With Finances Track Marco Rubio's Career," by NYT's Steve Eder and Michael Barbaro in West Miami: "A review of the Rubio family's finances ... reveals a series of decisions over the past 15 years that experts called imprudent: significant debts; a penchant to spend heavily on luxury items like the boat and the lease of a $50,000 2015 Audi Q7; a strikingly low savings rate, even when Mr. Rubio was earning large sums; and inattentive accounting that led to years of unpaid local government fees." http://nyti.ms/1Go4CpD

Old 06-10-2015, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBMD View Post
Oops!

Lots of student debt, $80,000 boat, several zero down mortgages, mixing personal and political money, plus unpaid fees.

--"Struggles With Finances Track Marco Rubio's Career," by NYT's Steve Eder and Michael Barbaro in West Miami: "A review of the Rubio family's finances ... reveals a series of decisions over the past 15 years that experts called imprudent: significant debts; a penchant to spend heavily on luxury items like the boat and the lease of a $50,000 2015 Audi Q7; a strikingly low savings rate, even when Mr. Rubio was earning large sums; and inattentive accounting that led to years of unpaid local government fees." http://nyti.ms/1Go4CpD
Ain't nothing I haven't done, LOL. Then again, I have not announced for 2016 either. I suppose it could hurt him. He has the inexperienced, too young label on him already and this sort of adds to that. It was interesting that his finances were considered bad enough to reject him by the Romney campaign. Things do get ugly and any fault is going to be exploited by the opposition.

Old 06-10-2015, 06:54 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,179,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBMD View Post
Oops!

Rubio did not dock his fishing boat in another state to dodge paying taxes on it like John Kerry who has enough cash to pay his bills due to preying on rich Republican widows named "Heinz".
Rubio did not ghost write a book to have his student loans paid off like Barack Hussein.
Rubio had to actually obtain and pay his own mortgage unlike Barack Hussein who had a felon named Tony Rezko to "gift" him land for his home.

Rubio understands the common man because he IS A COMMON MAN.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:50 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,738,243 times
Yup he has had to struggle to the top. That's what makes him so likable.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:57 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,060,853 times
All of these clearly ridiculous NYT hit pieces are actually backfiring on them and helping him in fundraising. Maybe he should send them a thankyou note!

Looking forward to the stories about him removing a mattress tag, wearing white after Labor Day, and leaving the toilet seat up.

Old 06-10-2015, 09:23 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times
Rubio has as much experience at running something as Obama had in 2008. None. There is a reason some people are on a leadership track and others are not and that is before they decided to run for President, they didn't want to be the guy in charge of making big decisions.

Also, what's the better odds, he's lying about immigration now when he's running for president or he was lying then when Gang Member Rubio pushed for amnesty? By the way, Lindsey Graham was a Gang of Eight member, too. You may recall, The Capitol Hill Gang, never said anything about border security first until the public rose up against them.

I'm not hearing Rubio spouting about his non-existent Gang of Eight "accomplishments" any more than I'm hearing Hillary talk about her non-accomplishments.

He has another thing in common with Obama. He misses votes. He's the Senator who has missed the most votes. That's like passing gym if you just get dressed for gym class and he can't manage it.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...ss-115281.html

Old 06-10-2015, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Rubio has as much experience at running something as Obama had in 2008. None. There is a reason some people are on a leadership track and others are not and that is before they decided to run for President, they didn't want to be the guy in charge of making big decisions.

Also, what's the better odds, he's lying about immigration now when he's running for president or he was lying then when Gang Member Rubio pushed for amnesty? By the way, Lindsey Graham was a Gang of Eight member, too. You may recall, The Capitol Hill Gang, never said anything about border security first until the public rose up against them.

I'm not hearing Rubio spouting about his non-existent Gang of Eight "accomplishments" any more than I'm hearing Hillary talk about her non-accomplishments.

He has another thing in common with Obama. He misses votes. He's the Senator who has missed the most votes. That's like passing gym if you just get dressed for gym class and he can't manage it.

Marco Rubio tops list of absentee lawmakers - Nick Gass - POLITICO
It strikes me as odd that Rubio gets a pass from so many republicans for his stance, heck his active involvement, in bringing about an amnesty bill. I would think that would torpedo any hope he has in the primaries as immigration is a priority with R's. Do Republicans really believe that his has someone changed his position? Can they be that naive?

Old 06-10-2015, 02:16 PM

1,830 posts, read 1,655,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Rubio did not dock his fishing boat in another state to dodge paying taxes on it like John Kerry who has enough cash to pay his bills due to preying on rich Republican widows named "Heinz".
Rubio did not ghost write a book to have his student loans paid off like Barack Hussein.
Rubio had to actually obtain and pay his own mortgage unlike Barack Hussein who had a felon named Tony Rezko to "gift" him land for his home.

Rubio understands the common man because he IS A COMMON MAN.
I can only imagine the shock to the system when a rich Republican widow agreed to jump into bed with a Democrat reviled as a french speaker, to say nothing of a European beer drinker.

Truth is, she is widely blamed for the failure of his 2004 campaign, dictatorial and mercurial toward campaign staff, ala Elizabeth Edwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections