Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 02:57 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Fox News is already spinning that he's in first place (aren't they all the week they announce?) but statistically he's tied for first with Paul and Walker because their latest poll has a 3% plus or minus margin of error.
Yes, you are right about FOX and the first week after announcing, but he actually announced about 2 weeks ago (or almost) and the poll was released today. I will say, these polls right now mean absolutely nada.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:02 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Cruz , Paul, Rubio, Carson, Walker , will be splitting up the conservative vote until some of the drop out none can catch fire. Christie and Bush will split the Moderate vote . I think Christie will drop out early.
If Christie gets in and that is still an If, he will stick it out. He doesn't remind me of a quitter. No, Carson isn't going to split any votes with anyone, he will remain an also ran, Paul will draw from all sides, just probably not enough and Cruz will get a lot of conservative support, but it could very well come down to Bush, Walker and Rubio. A lot depends on how much personality plays into the picture. Of course this is just my opinion, as yours is just your opinion. None of us have even an educated idea what will happen.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:20 PM

698 posts, read 588,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
If Christie gets in and that is still an If, he will stick it out. He doesn't remind me of a quitter. No, Carson isn't going to split any votes with anyone, he will remain an also ran, Paul will draw from all sides, just probably not enough and Cruz will get a lot of conservative support, but it could very well come down to Bush, Walker and Rubio. A lot depends on how much personality plays into the picture. Of course this is just my opinion, as yours is just your opinion. None of us have even an educated idea what will happen.
It will be Bush or Walker, the rest of the field is second tier and in it to sell books or get a job on Fox News. Rubio has a good chance to be someone's VP pick, most likely Walker to offset his complete whitebreadness. Rubio could effectively run interference and take out a few of the more extreme candidates like Cruz by making them move too far right on certain issues wiping out their chance to raise funds and attract the mainstream/Chamber of Commerce style GOP support.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:38 PM

30,470 posts, read 19,224,680 times
Quote:
Rubio will not be the VP candidate if Bush gets the nomination, for many reasons. Plus Bush will get his share of latino votes period, have you forgotten his wife in Mexican and he speaks fluent spanish?
I read someone said you can't have a Presidential and VP candidate from the same state and I thought that can't be right. I just read an article on it and they basically refuted that argument. But from the standpoint of politics, one would normally want a VP candidate from another state than can carry that state or region. However, to me it's obvious that Florida is the one state that is a toss up that Repubs just can't lose. So having 2 Floridians not necessarily a negative to secure that state and Rubio would be able to attract some voters that a Repub Presidential candidate is going to need. Lastly, Rubio and Bush have been friends and political allies. So in my opinion, I would not rule our either picking th other as the VP if one gets the Presidential nomination.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:31 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,305,691 times
Quote:
Amy Walter of the Cook Political Report says it will come down to Bush, Rubio or Walker. Thought you might find it of interest.

Focus on the Fundamentals, Not the Scooby Van

Old 04-24-2015, 04:47 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,601,950 times
empty suit promoted by special interest groups = Marco Rubio.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:50 PM

39,093 posts, read 51,289,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I read someone said you can't have a Presidential and VP candidate from the same state and I thought that can't be right. I just read an article on it and they basically refuted that argument. But from the standpoint of politics, one would normally want a VP candidate from another state than can carry that state or region. However, to me it's obvious that Florida is the one state that is a toss up that Repubs just can't lose. So having 2 Floridians not necessarily a negative to secure that state and Rubio would be able to attract some voters that a Repub Presidential candidate is going to need. Lastly, Rubio and Bush have been friends and political allies. So in my opinion, I would not rule our either picking th other as the VP if one gets the Presidential nomination.
Electors from their state can't vote for both. So if Bush on Fl, the electors in the electoral college could not vote for both Bush and Rubio. Rubio isn't going anyway in this election cycle. He is there for the experience and exposure. He has no chance with his pro-amnesty legislation. Republicans won't fall for a change of heart position from him. With a little more experience and a resolution of the illegal issues, he could be a strong contender to replace Clinton in 2020 or 2024 depending on when she decides to call it quits.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:07 AM

30,470 posts, read 19,224,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
empty suit promoted by special interest groups = Marco Rubio.

empty suit promoted by special interest groups = Barack Obama

Old 04-26-2015, 04:33 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,957,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
empty suit promoted by special interest groups = Barack Obama
Pssst, Obama is not running in this election, welcome to 2015.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:25 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,849,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius Sirius View Post
I believe that Marco Rubio will get the republican nomination and will win the 2016 elections

He has a working class background, he is a 2nd generation American, he is relatively young, he's a Hispanic and a catholic who seems to sand up for the working class of America

he is the perfect candidate and could easily beat any democrat in the presidential elections

what are your views and opinions on Marco Rubio ?

My view is that I don't trust him running back and in lockstep with the GOP Establishment, i.e., Gang of Eight.

I do like to hear him talk, but I don't like to hear him speak.

For instance, yesterday on his speech at the Council on Foreign Relations, he read the speech off a piece of paper. He does that when he gives a speech. There is no difference in that and a teleprompter.

The speech made me feel bored and impatient with him. I could have stood up and delivered the same speech.

Now, to be fair, I heard the Q&A was handled well. I haven't viewed that yet, and will sometime today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections