Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 08:59 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,772,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Nope

Next silly question, please.

Should Hillary run for President?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 09:00 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Should Hillary run for President?
I like you.

You're silly.

Old 05-06-2015, 03:58 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,954,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Running a city entails a lot more than being a Senator. It isn't about who's "higher up the political food chain," it's about the job. Are you going to tell me that a Senator has a harder job than the Mayor of a city? Please.

Being a Senator may carry higher status; but running a city requires making decisions, that no Senator has to make. It's like being the CEO of a large corporation.
I said higher up the food chain, I see you missed the nuance. But don't go bashing Senators, unless you do not like Cruz and Rubio either

Old 05-06-2015, 04:01 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,954,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
Let's get this out in the open....

If I vote for you based ONLY on the fact that we are both a certain color, my vote is racially dependent.
If I vote AGAINST you based only on the fact that we were of opposite color, my vote is racially dependent.

Either of these cases, my vote is, as am I, racist.

So if an African American votes ONLY on skin color, that person is racist, no matter his or her color.
So all African Americans that voted ONLY based on his skin color, are in fact, themselves, racist.

Racism comes in all colors... It's not just 'whitey'... so I'm sure if Casper in Dallas knows everybody here, they also know some Dems that would never vote for a white candidate either... uh?

Oh, wait... I forgot about those dang double standards... man, they get me all the time..... <-sarcasm
I never claimed otherwise, see what happens when you ASSUME, Tumf, you end up with egg all over your face. Enjoy.
Good to know you at least admit what you are, most try to claim they are nothing of the sort even after proving otherwise time and time again.

Old 05-07-2015, 10:50 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,214,812 times
Quote:
Oh, please! I thought you were more intelligent than that. Obama's step father was Lolo Soetoro. Obama went by Barry Soetoro before he decided to take on the name of (was it his next step-father?) Barack Obama. Why do you think that's a myth? But then, you people think everything that has surfaced about Obama's past is a myth. I suppose you think he never attended a Muslim school in Kenya, too. And his publicist never referred to him as a "foreign student from Kenya."

You probably also believe that Bill Ayers was "just some guy in the neighborhood," because Obama said so.

Oh, well excuse me. He was Illinois State Senator. Big deal. Prior to that, Obama held no other offices. He had been a "Community Organizer." Whoopee do! He assisted in pressuring banks to make those low interest, no-qual loans in poor neighborhoods, that resulted in the 2008 housing crisis! He was part of the problem. Still is!

Mia Love had been a Mayor of a city. Far bigger responsibility than Sate Senatory.
Wwll I can't argue with you here, there seems to be too much nonsense in this single post that you believe in....do you still believe Obama was born in Kenya?

Old 05-07-2015, 10:52 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,214,812 times
Quote:
Running a city entails a lot more than being a Senator. It isn't about who's "higher up the political food chain," it's about the job. Are you going to tell me that a Senator has a harder job than the Mayor of a city? Please.

Being a Senator may carry higher status; but running a city requires making decisions, that no Senator has to make. It's like being the CEO of a large corporation.
Based on this post, I think you have no idea what a state senator does. Maybe you should take a field trip to your state's capital and see first hand what they do.

Old 05-07-2015, 10:56 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,328,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Oh man... right-wingers would be foaming at the mouth and going Jihad if Michelle were to run.

There's nobody they hate more than an accomplished black lady.
Yeah, that's why so many conservatives wish Condi Rice would run against Hillary.

Accomplished? What, pray tell, has Michelle Obama 'accomplished'?

Old 05-07-2015, 11:00 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,328,861 times
Quote:
She was disbarred. She WAS a lawyer.
Actually, that's a myth. She and Barry changed to inactive status so as to avoid the requirements of continuing education and paying full fees. They can both practice law if they want to.

Old 05-07-2015, 11:15 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,235,015 times
Quote:
She was disbarred. She WAS a lawyer.
Quote:
Oh, please! I thought you were more intelligent than that. Obama's step father was Lolo Soetoro. Obama went by Barry Soetoro before he decided to take on the name of (was it his next step-father?) Barack Obama. Why do you think that's a myth? But then, you people think everything that has surfaced about Obama's past is a myth. I suppose you think he never attended a Muslim school in Kenya, too. And his publicist never referred to him as a "foreign student from Kenya."

You probably also believe that Bill Ayers was "just some guy in the neighborhood," because Obama said so.

Oh, well excuse me. He was Illinois State Senator. Big deal. Prior to that, Obama held no other offices. He had been a "Community Organizer." Whoopee do! He assisted in pressuring banks to make those low interest, no-qual loans in poor neighborhoods, that resulted in the 2008 housing crisis! He was part of the problem. Still is!

Mia Love had been a Mayor of a city. Far bigger responsibility than Sate Senatory.
Chances are your factual information for the second quote is as good as it was for the first quote. All debunked by *legitimate* sources.

In other words, rehashing false allegations. No matter how many times you repeat lies, they don't magically transform into the truth.

Old 05-12-2015, 04:33 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,844,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
why would you even ask? Of course not: she doesn't seem to even like the political sceen except for the perks, like taking her whole family on world trips at the tax payers expense. In fact I think both she and hubby will be glad when Jan, 2017 get here.
Yes, she does love the perks. Her shirt-tail relatives have certainly gotten our money's worth on all those trips. Then there's Mother Robinson, who's still taking up residence at the WH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections