Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 10:55 PM

26,582 posts, read 14,449,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Your betters, of which there are legion.
thanks for the vote of confidence.

sorry arjay, my views on birtherism come from my own research on the subject. nobody has told me to "represent one side". if there's something i've stated that is false please point out exactly what that is with evidence to support your claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 08:10 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
thanks for the vote of confidence.

sorry arjay, my views on birtherism come from my own research on the subject. nobody has told me to "represent one side". if there's something i've stated that is false please point out exactly what that is with evidence to support your claim.
Personally, I believe that the birther claim is wrong for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the vetting that Obama had to go thru to get elected and a security clearance. Yet it is possible.

You, on the other hand, seem to continually repeat claims that others on this forum have made and provide no evidence as to why. That, and disregarding all statements to the contrary.

So you must be getting your information from someone, who is in essence telling you what to think.

That answer your questions, or do you have to wait for someone to hand you more excuses/claims to make yourself feel correct?

Old 07-13-2015, 08:19 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Personally, I believe that the birther claim is wrong for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the vetting that Obama had to go thru to get elected and a security clearance. Yet it is possible.

You, on the other hand, seem to continually repeat claims that others on this forum have made and provide no evidence as to why. That, and disregarding all statements to the contrary.

So you must be getting your information from someone, who is in essence telling you what to think.

That answer your questions, or do you have to wait for someone to hand you more excuses/claims to make yourself feel correct?
I love how right wingers are quick to throw around the "paid shill" and "someone telling you what to think and say" on forums like this. Why can't you accept that people are very capable of reading and researching and forming their own opinions without some covert group in the background pulling strings like a giant ventriloquist? Who puts words in your mouth? Aren't you capable of reading and researching and forming your own opinions? If you answer yes, then it shouldn't be a stretch for you to believe others who don't agree with you can do the same.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:26 AM

Quote:
You, on the other hand, seem to continually repeat claims that others on this forum have made and provide no evidence as to why.
i pride myself on being able to support my claims. what claim do you believe i've made that i haven't supported with evidence?

Old 07-13-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
That, and disregarding all statements to the contrary.
only statements that are incorrect.

i'm happy to admit to the facts that support different aspects of the birthers beliefs ( obama'a literary agency did write a bio on him that stated he was "born in kenya", some of the first birthers were clinton supporters, stanley ann dunham was not old enough to automatically convey citizenship to a birth outside the US at the time of obama's birth.... )

Old 07-13-2015, 08:39 AM

Quote:
..... or do you have to wait for someone to hand you more excuses/claims to make yourself feel correct?
bwahahahaha!!!!

i didn't even read to this part before i started answering your post.

ok, once again, please point out ANY of my "excuses/claims" that you feel i haven't supported with evidence.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I love how right wingers are quick to throw around the "paid shill" and "someone telling you what to think and say" on forums like this. Why can't you accept that people are very capable of reading and researching and forming their own opinions without some covert group in the background pulling strings like a giant ventriloquist? Who puts words in your mouth? Aren't you capable of reading and researching and forming your own opinions? If you answer yes, then it shouldn't be a stretch for you to believe others who don't agree with you can do the same.
Because you left wingers seldom provide any indication of an ability to think for yourself, without guidance from your supreme council. It is amazing how all of your statements match up, word for word, yet you claim to be independent thinkers. Proof that you are not.

As for the rest of your statement, utter balderdash. You attack no one other than me when similar statements are made, eloquent proof of my individual thoughts. If someone who disagrees with me makes a new and provably factual statement, I will examine it. So far no one, including you, has done so.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Quote:

i pride myself on being able to support my claims. what claim do you believe
i've made that i haven't supported with evidence?
Thyen do so. something that you have only claimed to do so far.
Quote:
Quote:

only statements that are incorrect.
Judging from your own dictated perspective. Anything different from your own beliefs is wrong, according to you. No evidence necessary .

Quote:

i'm happy to admit to the facts that support different aspects
of the birthers beliefs ( obama'a literary agency did write a bio on him that
stated he was "born in kenya", some of the first birthers were clinton
supporters, stanley ann dunham was not old enough to automatically convey
citizenship to a birth outside the US at the time of obama's birth....
)
Only facts that you dismiss out of hand without investigation or attempt to push off on someone else to try and diminish your godchild.

[quote=wrecking ball;40391110]
Quote:
bwahahahaha!!!!
A typically intellectual answer from you.

Quote:
i didn't even read to this part before i started answering your post.ok, once again, please point out ANY of my
"excuses/claims" that you feel i haven't supported with evidence.[/
quote]

Typical of one who refuses to even consider a different position than his own. Don't read it. Assume that you just have to be correct and everyone else is wrong.

As for your claims that you haven't supported, re-read your posts in this thread. Plenty of evidence.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Thyen do so.

gladly!

please point out some specific claim of mine you feel i have not supported.

Quote:
something that you have only claimed to do so far.
click on my handle and look thru my previous posts. i consistently provide support for my claims.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Because you left wingers seldom provide any indication of an ability to think for yourself, without guidance from your supreme council. It is amazing how all of your statements match up, word for word, yet you claim to be independent thinkers. Proof that you are not.
people answering with facts will tend to give the same answer. if you ask a group of people what 2 + 2 is, those answering 4 are not lacking "an ability to think for [themselves] without guidance from [their] supreme council".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections