Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2015, 07:45 PM

7,580 posts, read 5,345,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Do you think that is unique to John McCain? Didn't all POWs deserve the same distinction that John McCain received? Did he make sure they got it? Hell no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I might add that I detest that phony of a man who turned his back on his military brothers. They were every bit as brave as McCain.
Turned his back?

When did McCain turn his back? The NVA attempted to give McCain and early release once it was announced that his father was named Adm. John McCain Jr. was named Commander-In-Chief Pacific Fleet. McCain refused to leave his captive comrades.

Do your homework before posting to keep from looking foolish.

(...this is so off base they have me defending a Republican)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2015, 07:49 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,431,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Turned his back?

When did McCain turn his back? The NVA attempted to give McCain and early release once it was announced that his father was named Adm. John McCain Jr. was named Commander-In-Chief Pacific Fleet. McCain refused to leave his captive comrades.

Do your homework before posting to keep from looking foolish.

Get off you high horse. The men held with mccain were every bit as deserving of the title hero. If you did you your own homework you would know that the enemy got info from McCain.

Old 07-18-2015, 07:53 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,684,319 times
Well, one things for sure. Trump sucked all the air out of the republican tent once again. Thirteen Republican candidates were interviewed by the press and the only point that got on the news was Trump's McCain comments and their reactions. He's taken the entire party off message. Sorta like Ted Cruz shutting down the government, Trump has effectively shut down the Republican party.

Old 07-18-2015, 08:10 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,587,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
Wow, another Hogwash, nonsense thread. DEAL, RINO's = The REAL Donald Trump has a good grip on phony hero's who walk off from sick, former wives. BTW, your bogus hero started the trouble by making derogatory remarks about Trump.

Do your Homework, PAL!!
Maybe we should reserve a spot in Hanoi for all those that think being a POW is a piece of cake.

McCain's marital issues are a whole different story.

Of course, the Donald's marital track record ain't all that great either.

Should we talk about that?

Old 07-18-2015, 08:16 PM

22,516 posts, read 12,068,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Maybe we should reserve a spot in Hanoi for all those that think being a POW is a piece of cake.

McCain's marital issues are a whole different story.

Of course, the Donald's marital track record ain't all that great either.

Should we talk about that?
Eh...The Donald never tried to hide his marital track record. Did McCain ever address his own marital track record?

Old 07-18-2015, 08:19 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,587,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
I actually agree with Trump also. I mean a "war hero" is someone who goes out in a risky situation and saves someones life in battle, not just get captured. How does getting captured equate to "war hero?" It would be better to evade capture or the capture of your team.

Its like when people say any soldier fighting overseas is "fighting for our freedom." YOu are only fighting for our freedom if our country is being attacked and trying to be overthrown by a foreign army waiting to literally take over our country and impose their political system and laws on us.
What?

I thought Republicans were so pro-military.

Obviously they don't give one crap about POW's. Goodness, anyone that gets captured and survives is a LOSER.

Talk about political suicide.

Maybe ya'll should vacay in Hanoi and see how you like it.

Old 07-18-2015, 08:24 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,038,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post

He donated $$$$$ to her. Is his campaign Sabotage?
Yes that is exactly what I believe.

Old 07-18-2015, 08:29 PM

368 posts, read 414,176 times
According to Mike Huckabee : "Every breath I breathe and every step I take is free because of brave Americans like John McCain."...REALLY? Isnt that just over-stretching it just a tad, Mike. Its BS statements like these that the majority of people are truly sick of because, they just WREAK of PC bull**** & hes just smearing on the BS icing for the media. Like he actually gives a **** about John Mccain.

The exact same thing can be said for Rick Perry as well. "DonaldTrump's comments today make him unfit to be Commander-in-Chief." Well gee, Rick. How is it exactly "FIT" that the rest of our "leaders" & lawmakers continuously sell our country's interests out to the highest bidder every single day, while all of you bast**** line your pockets w/ endless piles of $$$$? Thats "fit"? Funny how that never gets mentioned.

Its all nothing but a PC dog & pony show for all these candidates & the media.

Old 07-18-2015, 08:30 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,116,404 times
I hate McCain as much as McCain hates conservatives.

Screw him.

Old 07-18-2015, 08:30 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,343,430 times
Trump is right on McCain. McCain is not immune to attacks, since he attacks everyone he chooses. No one lives in a glass house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections