Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 04:22 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,665,668 times

Advertisements

I know he is no Ronald Reagan but he does have it. I enjoy listening to him. He makes allot of sense on almost eveyr single issue. What he brings to us is what the new polls are saying is people are worried so much about the economy, this is his strong suit, he is the best on either side with money and economics.
My BIL lives in Florida and says he is frawing huge crows everywhere he goes and by talling to many people he thought Broward County will go for McCain but he said something changes since the debate, everyone around him is now for Romney.
I had one problem with him and wondered what his stance was on terrorist, the middle east and building a better, bigger military and he answered that for me.
I also am impressed that he will be making decision based on his knowledge and has said that he gathers the best minds on either side together to work out what is the best thing to do. This is what we need!
Undecided but leaning towards Romney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 06:06 PM

471 posts, read 1,509,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagledraw View Post
I had to laugh when I read that someone alleged Romney might have been fed some answers.This guy is a natural born speaker...
You and me both!

Romney doesn't need to be fed anything to answer a question as simple as that. Too funny. Some people will resort to just about anything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
...he gathers the best minds on either side together to work out what is the best thing to do. This is what we need!
So true. One of the many things I love about him. He's a smart man.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:21 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,164,847 times
Quote:
I had one problem with him and wondered what his stance was on terrorist, the middle east and building a better, bigger military and he answered that for me.
Yep. We need more military.

Yearly Military Expenditure Ranking (http://www.globalfirepower.com/list_mil_exp.asp - broken link)

United States of America spent $518,100,000 in 2005.

China spent $81,840,000.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:18 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,665,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Yep. We need more military.

Yearly Military Expenditure Ranking (http://www.globalfirepower.com/list_mil_exp.asp - broken link)

United States of America spent $518,100,000 in 2005.

China spent $81,840,000.
They are building a bigger better military and do not have the level of various groups that we have.
The amount does not bother me at all as long as we continue to put money into things we need and pay the troops better and take care of them when they come home.
The world is changing and a strong military is very important to everyone.
With the threat of nukes and terrorism we need to continue to grow the military into smarter more tech then ever before.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:13 AM

384 posts, read 287,415 times
Quote:
They are building a bigger better military and do not have the level of various groups that we have.
The amount does not bother me at all as long as we continue to put money into things we need and pay the troops better and take care of them when they come home.
With the threat of nukes and terrorism we need to continue to grow the military into smarter more tech then ever before.
And war is good business for us all.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:18 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,164,847 times
Quote:
I guess that's why it's only taken 5 years to hear Patraeus tell us last week he needs 6 more months to verify that the surge is working.

Think Progress » Petraeus: I Need Another Six Months To Determine Whether ‘We’ve Reached A Turning Point’

btw: All that money we're spending, it's not ours. It belongs to our childrens' grandkids. And China. That makes total sense.

Last edited by paperhouse; 01-26-2008 at 09:34 AM..

Old 01-26-2008, 09:29 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,200,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagledraw View Post
I had to laugh when I read that someone alleged Romney might have been fed some answers. This guy is a natural born speaker....compare him to Hillary who is always looking at her talking points/speech, sheesh! People are beginning to realize that Romney has it. His crowds in Florida are growing larger every day.
Romney is a decent speaker but after listening to George Bush for seven years, an alcoholic in the middle of an epileptic seizure would sound more eloquent. I think Romney has a pretty good analytical mind but he struggles with abstracts and he is slow witted. In contrast, I think Huckabee's mind works very well in the abstract and he is quite witty, but appears to lack the razor sharp ability to analyze things that Romney does.

McCain has been searching for his mind for a number of years now and it is hard to discern what he is saying as he is always mumbling something with a grimacing looking face that looks like he is constipated.

Ron Paul is both analytical and abstract, but fails in the department of eloquence and ability communicate his ideas well. In my opinion, he is the most intelligent of the Republican candidates and has a grasp of things far beyond most, now if he could just present them.

Fred Thompson probably had the best ability to convey ideas and make a presentation as he seemed to possess the ability to communicate well, always say the right thing and the right amount of things. If he were 10 years younger and a bit more vigorous, I believe he could have taken the Presidency fairly soundly, saving there were no serious skeletons in his closet.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Romney is a decent speaker but after listening to George Bush for seven years, an alcoholic in the middle of an epileptic seizure would sound more eloquent. I think Romney has a pretty good analytical mind but he struggles with abstracts and he is slow witted. In contrast, I think Huckabee's mind works very well in the abstract and he is quite witty, but appears to lack the razor sharp ability to analyze things that Romney does.
Slow witted? You've got to be joking me. That guy is sharp. Slow witted means "slow to comprehend," like you are having to think forever about the question you're given before you can even formulate a respsone.

And how can you be slow witted, yet possess a "razor sharp ability to analyze things"? That kind of makes me laugh, I must admit.

Romney not only responds quickly, but he knows what he's talking about, and gets right to the point.

He doesn't launch into tangets to avoid answering a question (like Huckabee not being straight on the raising taxes question 3 times in a row in a recent debate) or because he's unsure of what he's just been asked (like when Ron Paul's question went to McCain the other night).

Or do you mean not witty? As in not as funny as Huckabee?

Huckabee does try to be funny, and I like his easy going personality. But I don't have the confidence in his knowledge base like I do with Romney. Funny is good, but in a president, smarter is better.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:18 PM

102 posts, read 145,749 times
To call Romney slow witted is laughable. Huckabee is a good speaker, but he's elementary compared to Romney. Do you remember when Romney asked him a question in a debate? He refused to answer, so the moderator asked him the same question.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:35 PM

That was a bad moment for the Huckster. But one of his own making...

I do like the guy, just feel like Romney would make the best president. I can't hardly wait for him to have a go at our national budget and start slashing all those wasteful programs guzzling up our tax dollars..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections