Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 06:23 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,919,387 times

Advertisements

I don't have a problem with people coming to the US. . . . .

But, some rules need to be followed, including:

Enter the country LEGALLY.

And don't take part in an invasion that is, through increased medical care paid for by taxpayers, social welfare programs, etc systematically bankrupting this country.

Seriously

Old 08-18-2015, 07:16 PM

63,138 posts, read 29,316,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bos2iad View Post
you have an odd way of thinking.

Trump's grandparents were immigrants. That makes him second generation american born. That is hardly "very new".

"very new"---as i explained to you once before---is a living immigrant who was born elsewhere and now is either a legal resident or a naturalized citizen.

Again, did you start a thread about how obama's father was born in kenya and never became a us citizen? Somehow i doubt it considering you have a double standard. The fact that obama's father was born in another country is okay with you. Yet, when discussing republicans you have to nitpick about their ancestry. You're not fooling anyone.
Nailed it.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:19 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,763,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Nailed it.
Again, his mother is an immigrant from Scotland. And Obama's signature policy was not immigration. Trump's is.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:20 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,951,980 times
Once again... There is nothing in the world wrong with being an immigrant. There is nothing right about being an Illegal immigrant. The two are not the same.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So...you didn't look at any of those links that were provided to you.

Good grief! This has been discussed many, many times on and on ad nauseum.

No one is talking about rounding up illegals. I guess I have to repeat myself because, clearly, you weren't paying attention. Make live difficult for illegal aliens and they will leave on their own accord. I'll explain further because I'm sure you don't understand as to how to accomplish this---Make E-verify the law of the land and run everybody in the work force through it to weed out the 8 million no-match SSNs. Do away with the whole birth tourism/anchor baby fiasco. Make it impossible for illegals to find work or access any welfare benefits and they will leave.
That is not what Trump is saying. He wants to deport all of them including their children. Then let the "good ones" back in.

Donald Trump Says He Would Deport Illegal Immigrants - WSJ

Old 08-18-2015, 07:26 PM

22,535 posts, read 12,085,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Again, his mother is an immigrant from Scotland. And Obama's signature policy was not immigration. Trump's is.

You can't comprehend the difference between illegal and legal immigration. Trump is talking about illegal immigration.

Still, if you're going to nitpick about the republican candidates' ancestry but not care about anyone on the democrat side, you hold a double standard.

Again, you're not fooling anyone. Right now, you're grasping at straws.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:28 PM

22,535 posts, read 12,085,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
That is not what Trump is saying. He wants to deport all of them including their children. Then let the "good ones" back in.

Donald Trump Says He Would Deport Illegal Immigrants - WSJ
And what's wrong with deporting illegal aliens? If their kids are illegals, then they, too, need to be deported. If they are anchor babies, any decent parent would take their children with them if they were deported. You don't need to stay awake every night crying about the anchor babies. When they turn 18, they can come back here without their parents.

He also talks about making life difficult for illegals thus causing them to leave on their own accord.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:32 PM

Quote:
You can't comprehend the difference between illegal and legal immigration. Trump is talking about illegal immigration.

Still, if you're going to nitpick about the republican candidates' ancestry but not care about anyone on the democrat side, you hold a double standard.

Again, you're not fooling anyone. Right now, you're grasping at straws.
I'm not grasping at anything. I noted that Trump's family is quite new, that Trump's mother is an economic immigrant and it's interesting since his signature policy is immigration. Trump is running on immigration. He wants to deport 11 million people plus their children.

Quote:
And what's wrong with deporting illegal aliens? If their kids are illegals, then they, too, need to be deported.
That's why I asked how that's going to work. Eleven million people? That's the entire population of several states.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:35 PM

63,138 posts, read 29,316,816 times
Quote:
And what's wrong with deporting illegal aliens? If their kids are illegals, then they, too, need to be deported. If they are anchor babies, any decent parent would take their children with them if they were deported. You don't need to stay awake every night crying about the anchor babies. When they turn 18, they can come back here without their parents.

He also talks about making life difficult for illegals thus causing them to leave on their own accord.
But the person you are replying to has no vested interest in this issue.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
But the person you are replying to has no vested interest in this issue.
What are you suggesting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections