Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 05:15 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,772,227 times

Advertisements

I'm grateful that trump stood up for political correctness and it seems to work.

You can agree or disagree with him on many things but finally someone got people to listen as it is killing things in life that were always "normal and not wrong".

In my line of business the MLS changed from not allowing certain words on a listing and getting it flagged. For example;

-nice black painted accent wall
-white vinyl fence
- China cabinet
Etc.

It is getting to the point that it is ridiculous and soon a "walking closet" will be banned as some can't walk and I understand that type of description can be scrutinized but it was always ok and nobody felt offended.

We had the football team names no longer be ok, and many other things that were always ok.

Blacks could sing about the "N" word and about hookers and very bad ways of how women would be described but oh my gosh if someone else would use the same words the ceiling would fall down on them.

In Europe there are cookies called "Jew cookies" and they have been around for decades and actually taste nice. Not one Jewish person complained about it and neither did I as a Jewish person.

Anchor kids is what they are called and what is wrong about it and Illegal aliens should leave if they don't like the name as they broke the law and are here illegally.

I don't like the name legal alien either as I never felt like an alien but that is what it is called and either you accept or leave.

Thanks Mr. Trump for making this change!

Old 08-21-2015, 05:58 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,125,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I'm grateful that trump stood up for political correctness and it seems to work.

You can agree or disagree with him on many things but finally someone got people to listen as it is killing things in life that were always "normal and not wrong".

In my line of business the MLS changed from not allowing certain words on a listing and getting it flagged. For example;

-nice black painted accent wall
-white vinyl fence
- China cabinet
Etc.

It is getting to the point that it is ridiculous and soon a "walking closet" will be banned as some can't walk and I understand that type of description can be scrutinized but it was always ok and nobody felt offended.

We had the football team names no longer be ok, and many other things that were always ok.

Blacks could sing about the "N" word and about hookers and very bad ways of how women would be described but oh my gosh if someone else would use the same words the ceiling would fall down on them.

In Europe there are cookies called "Jew cookies" and they have been around for decades and actually taste nice. Not one Jewish person complained about it and neither did I as a Jewish person.

Anchor kids is what they are called and what is wrong about it and Illegal aliens should leave if they don't like the name as they broke the law and are here illegally.

I don't like the name legal alien either as I never felt like an alien but that is what it is called and either you accept or leave.

Thanks Mr. Trump for making this change!
You are so right. The latest attack on words and thought is the left's attempt to eliminate the term anchor baby.
I can't think of a more succinct term, but since the speech police think they are on a roll after suppressing the Confederate flag, they are seeking more symbols to eliminate.

Old 08-21-2015, 06:00 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,567,907 times
I am an immigrant myself and support Trump's straight talk.

Make America Great again!

Old 08-21-2015, 06:49 AM

4,301 posts, read 4,411,375 times
He is going to get a bump in the polls for continually using "Anchor Baby" even though the liberals & media are saying that this is an offensive term. That is new to me and I am half Puerto Rican.

Old 08-21-2015, 06:58 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,940,850 times
I can't agree with Trump on some issues, but do agree with him on others. I do however appreciate the straight talk and knowing exactly where he stands on issues. There has been too much political correctness and dodging of issues. It's time that our politicians started answering the hard questions and stop avoiding them. I think Trump has done just that. Is he crass? Absolutely. Is he in your face? Yeah he is. Is he wrong on some issues? I believe he is, but at least he has a large enough set to say what is on his mind. I can respect that. This is what I would like to see coming from all the candidates. Democrat and Republican. None of them are being straight with us and telling us the truth. It's time to hold their feet to the fire and start making them accountable.

Old 08-21-2015, 07:25 AM

119 posts, read 95,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I can't agree with Trump on some issues, but do agree with him on others. I do however appreciate the straight talk and knowing exactly where he stands on issues. There has been too much political correctness and dodging of issues. It's time that our politicians started answering the hard questions and stop avoiding them. I think Trump has done just that. Is he crass? Absolutely. Is he in your face? Yeah he is. Is he wrong on some issues? I believe he is, but at least he has a large enough set to say what is on his mind. I can respect that. This is what I would like to see coming from all the candidates. Democrat and Republican. None of them are being straight with us and telling us the truth. It's time to hold their feet to the fire and start making them accountable.
Trump and Bernie Sanders are the only ones saying " up yours" to the political establishment and just speaking their minds. I'd almost love to see them running together. Those on the left, and on the right would get a win.

If nothing else, it would be entertaining.

Old 08-21-2015, 07:27 AM

57,322 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Trump has put an end to civil discourse and intelligent discussion, looks like the GOP is trying to go one up to draw attention back to their campaign.

Trump will be gone shortly, not to worry.

Old 08-21-2015, 07:32 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,882,766 times
At least Trump is entertaining and not saying the same old political line everyone else is saying. I think it would be fun to have him as president. Heck every day we wake up there would be something new.

Old 08-21-2015, 07:37 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,738,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
At least Trump is entertaining and not saying the same old political line everyone else is saying. I think it would be fun to have him as president. Heck every day we wake up there would be something new.

ya. one day "anchor baby", next "mooring baby"

Old 08-21-2015, 07:45 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Bernie Sanders is a as straight shooter as it gets and does not take bribe money from any corporations or billionaire. He serves the people only.

Watch this and tell me what you think please:
I like Bernie Sanders because he is a straight talker and while campaigning talks about the issues and specifically how problems can be solved, rather than personalities or himself. His ego does not get in the way. He may not be super sophisticated, but he is presidential material. He is also consistent and it is obvious there is no underlying hypocrisy to his motivation, and he seems like a genuinely caring person.

Trump, on the other hand is negative, crude and downright rude regarding others, constantly boasts about himself, his money, his homes, his business, etc. He basically never speaks an entire paragraph or sentence without throwing in something to boost his ego. Psychologically, people who need to constantly reinforce to others how smart, wealthy, popular, wonderful they are, are actually very insecure and it comes off as tacky. Trump's insecurities, thin skin and general rudeness belie his bluster. Not presidential material at all.

In addition, there is a line between 'straight talk' and just being crass. Bernie does not cross that while talking straight. Trump crosses it almost every time he opens his mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections