Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 12:58 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyu86 View Post
Has Trump spoken out against labeling anything an atheist doesn't like a "War on XMas/Christianity"? Is he ok with the criticisms, however harsh they may be, of the military and police? Is he ok with the occasional personal attack on himself, as he and his supporters revel in dishing them and then accusing others of PC if they fight back? Is he OK with criticisms of American society and American foreign policy? Is he going to speak out against hiding behind the ridiculous "job creator" term whenever Wall Street is criticized? Is he going to speak out against patently ludicrous denials of climate change and evolution being air time and print in major media publications? A classic case of PC if there ever was one, as most ridiculous ideas can never even sniff the 10th page of a 2nd tier newspaper, much less given space in the New York Times.

If he's ok with all those, then I can believe that he's against PC. Something tells me though, that his and his lemmings' criticisms of PC are simply cries to talk s**t about Muslims, blacks, and gays with utterly no consequences.

I am trying to figure this one out. Please explain how anything that has been said translates into any of this.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:01 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,941,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Trump has put an end to civil discourse and intelligent discussion, looks like the GOP is trying to go one up to draw attention back to their campaign.

Trump will be gone shortly, not to worry.
Civil discourse can only be defined as being in total agreement with leftist policies.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:02 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Trump may talk straight but it is a in a vile, disrespectful way with made up fact. When Bernie talks straight, he speaks in a respectful way with true facts. That's the difference between the two despite their political alignment and the fact is Trump is a billionaire.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:02 PM

594 posts, read 346,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He has surprised quite a few people including myself but reading anything into polls in August is premature to say the least. I have to wonder if it's his popularity or just pure hatred of the political system. He will at some point need to offer more than just a few one liners if he wants to be president. Do you honestly see him compromising with congress, I think he is used to getting his own way and that is not conducive to the position.
I agree, Trump cannot keep coasting along on his boorish behavior alone. He will have to start speaking to his views and ideas on moving the country into becoming great again.

Will people grow tired of his brusk manner, or will they become accustomed to it and look past it?

Remember, Obama was elected because of his grandiose rhetoric, and rainbow in the sky promises of a grand utopia. So maybe Trump can just repeat Obama's success and speak in vague utopian rhetoic, and promise the moon, and voters won't have the curiosity or common sense to look beyond it.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:03 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,448,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyu86 View Post
Has Trump spoken out against labeling anything an atheist doesn't like a "War on XMas/Christianity"? Is he ok with the criticisms, however harsh they may be, of the military and police? Is he ok with the occasional personal attack on himself, as he and his supporters revel in dishing them and then accusing others of PC if they fight back? Is he OK with criticisms of American society and American foreign policy? Is he going to speak out against hiding behind the ridiculous "job creator" term whenever Wall Street is criticized? Is he going to speak out against patently ludicrous denials of climate change and evolution being air time and print in major media publications? A classic case of PC if there ever was one, as most ridiculous ideas can never even sniff the 10th page of a 2nd tier newspaper, much less given space in the New York Times.

If he's ok with all those, then I can believe that he's against PC. Something tells me though, that his and his lemmings' criticisms of PC are simply cries to talk s**t about Muslims, blacks, and gays with utterly no consequences.
Only a true lemming would think this.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:04 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,122,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I'm grateful that trump stood up for political correctness and it seems to work.

You can agree or disagree with him on many things but finally someone got people to listen as it is killing things in life that were always "normal and not wrong".

In my line of business the MLS changed from not allowing certain words on a listing and getting it flagged. For example;

-nice black painted accent wall
-white vinyl fence
- China cabinet
Etc.

It is getting to the point that it is ridiculous and soon a "walking closet" will be banned as some can't walk and I understand that type of description can be scrutinized but it was always ok and nobody felt offended.

We had the football team names no longer be ok, and many other things that were always ok.

Blacks could sing about the "N" word and about hookers and very bad ways of how women would be described but oh my gosh if someone else would use the same words the ceiling would fall down on them.

In Europe there are cookies called "Jew cookies" and they have been around for decades and actually taste nice. Not one Jewish person complained about it and neither did I as a Jewish person.

Anchor kids is what they are called and what is wrong about it and Illegal aliens should leave if they don't like the name as they broke the law and are here illegally.

I don't like the name legal alien either as I never felt like an alien but that is what it is called and either you accept or leave.

Thanks Mr. Trump for making this change!
Trump is a flat out buffoon. He is literally poisoning & pissing into the GOP well every single day and the amazing thing to watch is that a good majority of conservatives are buying into the BS Trump is putting out there. I bet behind closed doors even Trump doesn't believe what Trump is saying to the public masses.

I also bet President Obama has the right wing loons thinking anybody can be President and end up successful. Last time we tried that Clinton left and we were doomed with Bush/Cheney. And also last time I looked 9/11 occurred during the BUSH presidency and the entire financial system collapsed as well during those good ole days right?!!?!? so yes you republicans keep thinking ANY right wing candidate can win the White House and actually do a good job. You have until Nov. of 2016 to work on your delusional state of mind.

Last edited by kingtodd; 08-21-2015 at 01:50 PM..

Old 08-21-2015, 01:05 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,136,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
You are so right. The latest attack on words and thought is the left's attempt to eliminate the term anchor baby.
I can't think of a more succinct term, but since the speech police think they are on a roll after suppressing the Confederate flag, they are seeking more symbols to eliminate.
The confederate flag is a symbol of hatred and racism. And it wasn't suppressed, it was removed from the SC state capital. This should have happened years ago.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:11 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times
A design on a piece of cloth that has had no real meaning in over 150 years and people still get their proverbial panties all up in a wad... Ridiculous. I'm no proponent of the stars and bars. I have never owned a flag or any such symbol, but it is stupid to relate any of it towards hatred in this day and age

Old 08-21-2015, 01:16 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,136,760 times
And example of someone opening their mouth without understanding history. For the life of me I can't figure out why some people shun education.

The confederate flag's history didn't stop when the civil war ended. This is known...

Old 08-21-2015, 01:27 PM

28,901 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I am no fan of Trump and don't want him as President; however, I do like that he speaks his mind.
I am not a fan of his either, but I refuse, repeat, refuse to vote for another career politician.....they are not working for the Americans or the country....no more, I don't trust them, never will...they remain loyal to all those who are funding their campaigns....but I like what he says, especially about illegals, and who actually really runs this country and that the media lies....yes indeed, it is all true....this country is in dire straits
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections