Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 04:23 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,135,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I have a full grasp of history, In fact I have probably lived more of history than most on this board, my ancestors were herded like cattle, murdered and massacred and treated as less than human. I have fought for this country alongside people of every race, creed and origin. I don't need an education about the history of this country, but the time has come to move on. This was 150 years ago... No person who was a slave and no person who was on the trail of tears is still alive. No asian who was a slave or Irishman who was for all intensive purposes enslaved is still alive. You were not enslaved , nor was your father or grandfather. Are there still hurdles that need to be overcome? Absolutely, but the time has come to bury the past and move forward instead of dwelling on it and letting it defeat all of us as a people.
I agree, it's time to move on. Confederate flags need to be moved from government property. If a confederate flag supporter what's to hang onto their symbol of racism and hate they are free to mount it to their mobile home. The civil war was a long time ago so it's time to let it go...

Old 08-21-2015, 04:24 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Trump is just what we need to wake up the people.. some of course are still sleeping .. Trump is making politics in your face.. too many people slept through Ross Perot days and now we are reaping what Perot said would happen.

The media and the pundits are so wrong when it comes to the issues.. they make broad statements that Trump is done for and more people are jumping on board the Trump Train.

Even Fox news are calling it wrong.. they are so used to political correctness they can't recognize the truth when it is spoken in words of reality. The facts have been ignored for so long the small people who are WE THE PEOPLE are finally hearing the truth and they love it!!

Political correctness has so infiltrated both sides of the aisle the Republican establishment can't fathom someone talking political about what is really going on in the world in the style of in your face with no apologies.

I have seen Bill O'reilly talk down to Trump more than once.. and Trump took it.. now I have never heard O'reilly talk that way to Obama and he doesn't even deserve respect because Obama doesn't respect the laws of the land or We The People.

Old 08-21-2015, 04:57 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,949,984 times
The refreshing thing about Trump is he seems to have the best interests of Americans in mind. Unlike career politicians whose main interest is keeping their job, afraid of taking a stand because it may prevent them from getting votes. Most of them are simply puppets whose strings are pulled by lobbyists and corporate donors.

Trump would not be doing so well if what he is saying didn't resonate with a lot of Americans. I may not agree with all his positions, but commend him for his courage to say what's on his mind, unlike his mealy-mouthed rivals.

Old 08-21-2015, 05:03 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,072,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
The refreshing thing about Trump is he seems to have the best interests of Americans in mind. Unlike career politicians whose main interest is keeping their job, afraid of taking a stand because it may prevent them from getting votes. Most of them are simply puppets whose strings are pulled by lobbyists and corporate donors.

Trump would not be doing so well if what he is saying didn't resonate with a lot of Americans. I may not agree with all his positions, but commend him for his courage to say what's on his mind, unlike his mealy-mouthed rivals.
I remember seeing a political cartoon late last year. There was a huge eagle sternly looking down at a bunch of tiny elephants. The elephants were the GOP and the eagle was the American people. The caption said "We're watching".

Old 08-21-2015, 05:19 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I agree, it's time to move on. Confederate flags need to be moved from government property. If a confederate flag supporter what's to hang onto their symbol of racism and hate they are free to mount it to their mobile home. The civil war was a long time ago so it's time to let it go...
That's great and I am glad we can agree on most. Here is something else for you to ponder. Not everyone that hangs the stars and bars does so out of racism. For many it is an act of defiance against the federal government. I understand fully where you come from on this issue. I understand your anger all too well, but not everyone see's this flag as a symbol of racism.

Old 08-21-2015, 06:20 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump is just what we need to wake up the people.. some of course are still sleeping .. Trump is making politics in your face.. too many people slept through Ross Perot days and now we are reaping what Perot said would happen.

The media and the pundits are so wrong when it comes to the issues.. they make broad statements that Trump is done for and more people are jumping on board the Trump Train.

Even Fox news are calling it wrong.. they are so used to political correctness they can't recognize the truth when it is spoken in words of reality. The facts have been ignored for so long the small people who are WE THE PEOPLE are finally hearing the truth and they love it!!

Political correctness has so infiltrated both sides of the aisle the Republican establishment can't fathom someone talking political about what is really going on in the world in the style of in your face with no apologies.

I have seen Bill O'reilly talk down to Trump more than once.. and Trump took it.. now I have never heard O'reilly talk that way to Obama and he doesn't even deserve respect because Obama doesn't respect the laws of the land or We The People.
If Trump ever gets to be President - O'reilly will stop talking down to him. That's the key.

Old 08-21-2015, 06:35 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I can't agree with Trump on some issues, but do agree with him on others. I do however appreciate the straight talk and knowing exactly where he stands on issues. There has been too much political correctness and dodging of issues. It's time that our politicians started answering the hard questions and stop avoiding them. I think Trump has done just that. Is he crass? Absolutely. Is he in your face? Yeah he is. Is he wrong on some issues? I believe he is, but at least he has a large enough set to say what is on his mind. I can respect that. This is what I would like to see coming from all the candidates. Democrat and Republican. None of them are being straight with us and telling us the truth. It's time to hold their feet to the fire and start making them accountable.
or

this is why trump is leading the polls right now. like him or not, agree with him or not, he is talking straight to the people. he isnt dodging questions like most politicians have done for decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Trump has put an end to civil discourse and intelligent discussion, looks like the GOP is trying to go one up to draw attention back to their campaign.

Trump will be gone shortly, not to worry.
are you serious? politics has NEVER been about civil discourse, and has been rarely civil.

like i said like him or not, agree with him or not, he is at least ending the hedging of words, the taking ten minutes to answer a question that could be answered is a few words.

Old 08-21-2015, 06:45 PM

179 posts, read 248,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Trump would not be doing so well if what he is saying didn't resonate with a lot of Americans.
Lol. Things that Kim Kardashian says "resonate" with a lot of Americans too. It's hardly an endorsement of intelligence, or of having Americans' best interest in mind. Trump is doing so well because he is an entertaining train wreck, much like the reality TV that Americans love so much. Has he picked a running mate yet? Maybe it should be Steve-O from Jackass. They could get RedBull to sponsor the presidency, and maybe we could have a midget-tossing championship on the white house lawn. That would be sweeeeet. Go 'Murrica!

Trump doesn't give a EFF about you or me or anyone of us who isn't a shareholder in his corporations.

Old 08-21-2015, 06:49 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyYoungMan View Post
Lol. Things that Kim Kardashian says "resonate" with a lot of Americans too. It's hardly an endorsement of intelligence, or of having Americans' best interest in mind. Trump is doing so well because he is an entertaining train wreck, much like the reality TV that Americans love so much. Has he picked a running mate yet? Maybe it should be Steve-O from Jackass. They could get RedBull to sponsor the presidency, and maybe we could have a midget-tossing championship on the white house lawn. That would be sweeeeet. Go 'Murrica!

Trump doesn't give a EFF about you or me or anyone of us who isn't a shareholder in his corporations.
running mates wont be picked until AFTER the conventions, and we actually have nominees from both parties.

Old 08-21-2015, 06:55 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
running mates wont be picked until AFTER the conventions, and we actually have nominees from both parties.
Umm, Running mates are always picked before the conventions.

The nominee is too, the Convention verification process is just a technicality, or it has been for the last 50 or so years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections