Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 12:18 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,537,711 times

Advertisements

Mark my words, Trump won't even make it on the ballot. He's a rogue, the oligarchs can't control him and the power elite are threatened by him. They'll do the same thing to him that they did to Ross Perot, they can't buy him out so they will scare the voters away.

Old 08-25-2015, 12:28 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,405,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What entire group of people did Trump broad brush?
Here is the quote from his speech announcing his run:

Quote:
The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems. … When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.
Now there is some room for differing interpretations in these words, but at best Trump was careless in how he expressed himself. One qualification for being POTUS is the ability to be careful with words.

If you're of Mexican ancestry and you hear those words, you're probably going to think something like 'hey, Trump just called me a criminal.' Trump connected an entire group to criminality, drugs, and rape. Maybe he's a flat-out racist, or maybe just careless...who knows? Either way he said it, and that statement alone should disqualify him for the GOP nomination.

Old 08-25-2015, 12:38 PM

605 posts, read 707,139 times
I've been following him on Twitter. He never stops with the inane, childish rhetoric. Yesterday, he keeps instigating his feud with Megyn Kelly (I'm no fan of hers, btw, but I do believe people should be civil with each other, even when disagreeing). He called her a "bimbo". In another tweet, he made an asinine comment about people speaking "Mexican".

It almost seems like he is just trolling the American people. How can he really be serious about being the POTUS?

Old 08-25-2015, 12:46 PM

605 posts, read 707,139 times
Forgot to add that I really enjoy reading responses to his Tweets from his supporters (or claim to support him) with remarks like (I'm paraphrasing many responses with this one statement): "C'mon buddy, time to stop this now".

Hilarious.

Old 08-25-2015, 12:56 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,109,646 times
Trump is a master baiter.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:53 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,130,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What's a "Repug"? The 2nd Amendment isn't being misinterpreted the 14th is. There's your answer.
Repug = derogatory term for republicans / conservatives.

Who says 14th is and the 2nd isn't. Hypocrisy is what you call it. Repugs try to stand on moral grounds all too often. It's pathetic.

Old 08-25-2015, 02:16 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,813,556 times
I love that Trump is shaking everything up so much. I may not agree with all he says, and he is sometimes a bit over the top, but I love that he says what he thinks. I'm sick of the PC crap and people checking polls before they say anything. I think he's tapped into an anger and dissatisfaction with the status quo like no one before. I also love how everyone assumes it's only Republicans who might support him. I'm an Independent, and I'd vote for anyone on either side that I liked. I'll see how it goes, but so far he has my respect for having the guts to say it like it really is. We don't need the same old same old for another 4 or 8 years. The people want a rebel to get behind. I really hope he can stay the course.

Old 08-25-2015, 02:36 PM

33,598 posts, read 18,239,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
If Trump ever gets to be President - O'reilly will stop talking down to him. That's the key.
O'reilly is looking foolish to me as he questions Donald Trump on illegal immigration, because O'reilly is looking very politically correct when talking to the Donald.. O'reilly to Donald.. you can't do that! O'reilly is saying - I am right and Trump is wrong.. Bill's ego is showing too much. The Donald is looking smarter by the day.. and he is willing to put it out there that this country needs changes and so what if it is in your face truth. Go Donald!!

Old 08-25-2015, 02:45 PM

33,598 posts, read 18,239,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
Mark my words, Trump won't even make it on the ballot. He's a rogue, the oligarchs can't control him and the power elite are threatened by him. They'll do the same thing to him that they did to Ross Perot, they can't buy him out so they will scare the voters away.
I voted for Perot, the American people lost when Ross Perot didn't get in.. both parties slug mud at him and the people believed the media and the political establishment that is bought and paid for by special interests. We The People lost!

Old 08-25-2015, 02:46 PM

63,171 posts, read 29,329,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Here is the quote from his speech announcing his run:

Now there is some room for differing interpretations in these words, but at best Trump was careless in how he expressed himself. One qualification for being POTUS is the ability to be careful with words.

If you're of Mexican ancestry and you hear those words, you're probably going to think something like 'hey, Trump just called me a criminal.' Trump connected an entire group to criminality, drugs, and rape. Maybe he's a flat-out racist, or maybe just careless...who knows? Either way he said it, and that statement alone should disqualify him for the GOP nomination.
He was speaking of illegal aliens and it is true that they aren't the desirables. If you're a Mexican here legally then if they had any sense they would know he wasn't talking about them. No country "sends" legal immigrants but Mexico is definately sending illegal aliens. The whole group of illegals aliens are criminals Mexican or not. Are they all rapists, murderers, etc.? No, they aren't and that isn't what Trump was implying. What does racism have to do with it? If candidates were disqualified for all the statements they make that were deemed erroneous we'd have no candidates running.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections