Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 06:28 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,372,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Exactly !!! And given our history of electing people that don't do what they say they will when in office a Muslim president is not a good fit.
Obama taught me one more thing. The so called checks and balances in the Constitution are no guarantee to keep the president in line. Constitution is a piece of paper. Somebody has to enforce it. Who has gone after Obama for his wanton disregard for the Constitution?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2015, 06:37 PM

8,579 posts, read 6,999,326 times
Only two possibilities here. It's all a huge prank to gin up attention for another television show or he's a plant for the Democrats to derail the Republican bid for the presidency.

Old 09-20-2015, 06:41 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,625,050 times
"I love Muslims."

"I love Mexicans, they're great people."

"I honor our veterans."

He's going down the list at a pretty fast rate. Is there anyone he hasn't insulted yet?

Old 09-20-2015, 06:56 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,713,922 times
Or all these side-tracking tactics are to smoke screen the real issue of illegal immigrants.

I really don't care about most of the attacks on Trump but if the candidates do not do something about illegals nothing else is going to matter because there will not be a country left to save.

The way I see it, there are only 4 candidates that are talking about what really matters. Trump, Huckabee, Carly, and Carson. I really don't know about Walker?

Rubio and Bush are too soft on the illegals.

I have too many doubts about Christie.

Cruz was born in Canada.
Ron Paul, Kasich, and a couple of the others are too liberal. Trump is too liberal for me too but sometimes when an issue is important, you have to make allowances. We can't have everything the way we want it.

Last edited by NCN; 09-20-2015 at 07:25 PM..

Old 09-20-2015, 07:09 PM

79,909 posts, read 44,410,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Only two possibilities here. It's all a huge prank to gin up attention for another television show or he's a plant for the Democrats to derail the Republican bid for the presidency.
Trump would crush Hillary.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:39 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,346,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Trump would crush Hillary.
Los Vegas would be placing bets on whether he calls her 'stupid' or 'ugly' first following up the next day with a "I cherish women" or "I think Hillary is beautiful."

Old 09-20-2015, 07:58 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,744,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you two might find this odd, but i have always had respect for those of the muslim faith, long before trump came onto the political scene. i respect the true religion of others. what i dont respect, is those that use religion to spread hate just because they can.
I don't find that surprising. I also agree with you. I was just saying that your position is not the norm in conservative circles.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Obama taught me one more thing. The so called checks and balances in the Constitution are no guarantee to keep the president in line. Constitution is a piece of paper. Somebody has to enforce it. Who has gone after Obama for his wanton disregard for the Constitution?
So, in what way do you think Obama, a former Constitutional professor, abandoned it?

Reagan issued twice as many executive orders to get done what he needed to with an uncooperative Congress. That's just what leaders do.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
remember the key word here is TERRORISTS. conservatives dont like TERRORISTS, the average muslim is just fine with us. too bad most of the time the left has decided that they think, and imply, that conservatives hate everyone that isnt like them, and that just isnt true.
But who does like terrorists?!? Obama's been successfully hunting them down for six years through our military and CIA.

Honestly, many conservatives think Muslims don't belong here. They think they're trying to implement Sharia law. They think they're all violent.

They haven't lived with them like we have so it's just a lack of exposure, but the anti-Muslim sentiment is very strong in conservative circles.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:09 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,081,408 times
Every day I think I've heard the most ignorant statement ever from some left wing nut job, I look forward to one of you not letting me down tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections