Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2015, 05:38 AM

35,738 posts, read 21,093,433 times

Advertisements

if anyone can't see Fox's tune of cutting and demeaning language is a hater and has no education- they are very, very nasty- and show no respect- Bret Baier is the ONLY one still has value and decency in his interviews- you cannot have your kids watch them - bad -bad specially the 5 - forget the context- and watch their words about anyone!! sounds like the bully teens trying to start a school brawl-

Yesterday Missy Megyn -had someone completely tear apart Fironas account of the parts selling of aborted babies- and PP part in abortions- I give her applauds on that! for staying quiet and listening to the FACTS- MAYBE she wants to act as an intelligent adult again- I was shocked they let the speaker explain the real facts-- wonder how many really listened?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 05:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
if anyone can't see Fox's tune of cutting and demeaning language is a hater and has no education- they are very, very nasty- and show no respect- Bret Baier is the ONLY one still has value and decency in his interviews- you cannot have your kids watch them - bad -bad specially the 5 - forget the context- and watch their words about anyone!! sounds like the bully teens trying to start a school brawl-

Yesterday Missy Megyn -had someone completely tear apart Fironas account of the parts selling of aborted babies- and PP part in abortions- I give her applauds on that! for staying quiet and listening to the FACTS- MAYBE she wants to act as an intelligent adult again- I was shocked they let the speaker explain the real facts-- wonder how many really listened?
Well there just be a lot of people with degrees that you claim have no education I guess. I think you might be as big a hater as you claim those of us who do not agree with you are.

Old 09-25-2015, 06:15 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Those that run the media, run the world and the direction people take.

The men that started the Revolution in the late 1700's, had the printing presses and controlled the message, to get 5% of the population to fight.

Old 09-25-2015, 03:15 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,480,147 times
funny how the papal visit has trumped talk about politics.....just shows how the media drives what America is talking about....haven't heard much about the GOP race over the last couple of days, which is a relief.....

Old 09-25-2015, 03:32 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,480,147 times
.....but soon, Pope Francis will be back on Air Italia and on his way back to Vatican City and the press will be back to listening to Trump.....sure wish the media will press Trump on why he hires immigrants while Americans are out of work....

Donald Trump is staking his run for U.S. president in part on a vow to protect American jobs. But this month, one of his companies, the elite Mar-a-Lago Club resort in Florida, applied to import 70 foreign workers to serve as cooks, wait staff and cleaners.
A Reuters analysis of U.S. government data reveals that this is business as usual in the New York property magnate's empire.
Trump owns companies that have sought to import at least 1,100 foreign workers on temporary visas since 2000, according to U.S. Department of Labor data reviewed by Reuters. Most of the applications were approved, the data show.

read more: Report Shows Trump Companies Actively Sought to Import Foreign Workers - World - Haaretz

Old 09-25-2015, 11:31 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,443,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I am trying to think of a civilized country where the idea of a candidate for office meeting with the owner of a media outlet to "settle their differences" would be met with with anything but derision and hoots of derisive laughter, and I'm coming up blank.

I guess we now know - if we didn't before - how Fox News interprets the concept of "editorial independence".
Fox caters to a conservative Republican base that loves what Trump is saying.

So Fox risks losing that audience if Trump goes to war with Fox.

Your naive idea of "editorial independence" is a straw man (and I doubt you even believe in it).

The media can't exist without viewers, and different media outlets compete with each other for high ratings.

Those ratings gain them advertising revenue, which pays for everything they do.

But then, maybe you're thinking of media outlets in other -- "civilized" in your words -- countries. Media outlets that are paid and controlled by their governments.

And maybe you consider THAT to be an example of "editorial independence."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
...I have family and friends overseas, and they ask questions - mostly of the "Are they serious?" variety, but still...
Family in Europe, I would guess.

Ask them for me "Are they serious?" when they accept hundreds of thousands of "hungry" young male Muslim Jihadists.

Er, I mean, "refugees" -- who rudely throw the food offered to them away because there is a red cross on the packaging.

Old 09-25-2015, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
If you can prove that the standard of living in this county was better in 1955, 1965, 1975, 1985, 1995 or EVEN 2005, I will eat my hat.
Let's see...a man could support a wife and four kids, buy a house, and look forward to a secure retirement after working for the same company until he was 65. That was the standard middle class (and even blue-collar working class) existence back in the 1950s and 60s.

Now both parents have to work, and many don't have kids because they can't afford them.

The house, if it's family-sized and halfway decent, costs over $1 million if you add in the interest paid over the life of the $400,000 loan plus property taxes.

The dollar is worth about 5% of what it was in 1950, but wages have stagnated so that what was a lower-middle-class existence would be considered an upper-middle-class or higher existence now. I base this on housing prices. Just watch HGTV if you don't believe me. "I'm sorry, this falling down dump that has been tastelessly "remodeled" to look presentable and has all the fashionable flourishes you want (spot lights, hard wood floors) is out of your price range...."

As for the jobs each parent needs, their companies are constantly downsizing or sending jobs overseas, and there are no pensions for them to look forward to.

Then there's the national debt, which is equivalent to giving 18 million families a million dollars each, or 72 million people $250,000 each.

The U.S. has lost every war it has fought since WW II -- thanks not to our soldiers but to our politicians.

We have tens of millions of able-bodied, working-age Americans either unemployed or under-employed.

We have anywhere from 12 million to 30 million illegal aliens taking jobs that those on welfare who don't want to work could take.

In other words, we pay welfare so illegals can have jobs.

If your bank charges the standard 11% interest on your credit card, but only pays 1% interest to its depositors, its return on investment is 1100%. Nice deal -- for the bank. Maybe they'll pay you 2% if you ask.

And on a slightly facetious note, everyone now thinks he's a "top chef", so restaurant food gets ever more weird and inedible.

Not to mention all the politically correct victimology and an insane war on people who smoke cigarettes -- even outdoors in a wind storm.

Yeah, things are just great in this country compared to how they were 50 years ago.

Last edited by dechatelet; 09-26-2015 at 12:08 AM..

Old 09-26-2015, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Trump supporters among the GOP outnumber Trump supporters among the Democrats by a ratio of 2 to 1.
Do the math with the remaining voters.

As to your last paragraph - well maybe if the GOP hadn't fought so hard to destroy all those good-paying union jobs we wouldn't have HAD such a decline.

Ken
Paying GM workers $75/hour when all they were was high school graduates (if that) -- plus pensions, free health care, etc. -- was the type of "good paying union job" that it was long past time to get rid of.

It was unionization that caused the Japanese invasion of the U.S. car market.

Better cars for lower prices.

Same with unionized government employees who are paid far more than they are worth.

They are bankrupting cities, counties, states, and the federal government.

Old 09-26-2015, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
And we overlook the reasons he doesn't meet all our expectations. Our present one is a good example. The Congress that was supposed to help him get things done, decided they would do nothing to help him or us, and he had to carry the Ball himself for the last 7 years. Then folks complained because a "One Man Team" could not get enough "touch downs." You gotta love Americans.
So you're not an American?

It takes two to tango.

Starting in 2006, Democrat Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid refused to bring any bills proposed by President Bush (an energy bill in particular) to the Senate Floor.

Up until the Republicans took the Senate in 2014, Reid refused to allow votes on any bills passed by the Republican House.

It was Reid and Obama who shut out Republicans, not the other way around.

Of course, to know this you have to understand how the legislative process is supposed to work.

The House passes a bill, the Senate passes its own version, then the two sides go to conference committee and negotiate the final bill.

How many times did that happen in the eight years that Harry Reid ran the Senate?

Twice?

Three times?

Old 09-26-2015, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
.....but soon, Pope Francis will be back on Air Italia and on his way back to Vatican City and the press will be back to listening to Trump.....sure wish the media will press Trump on why he hires immigrants while Americans are out of work....
It's not hard to figure out.

As a businessman, he has to hire immigrants in order to compete with other businessmen who hire immigrants.

It's not his fault that our government has inundated this country with both legal and illegal immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections