Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 10:27 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times

Advertisements

I believe Trump did great and is smarter than many want to believe.

Democrats say a lot but in the end they don't tell you anything and Trump is giving the media a similar portion of the hot air they have been taking from Obama and Hillary so I don't understand why anyone can complaint.

Most GOP's are stupid enough to fall in that trap over and over by giving all the info so the media can slap them in the face with the GOP's own words.

Finally trump stood up and is smarter than that!

In the end everything a politician promises can't be kept in reality so what does it matter to speak with Hillary's own words.

At least Trump is using his own money and not willing to waste it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 10:32 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Trump is pretty smart, he keeps fooling right wingers every day.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:33 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Trump is pretty smart, he keeps fooling right wingers every day.
That's a pretty low bar.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:39 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,048,459 times
I can't believe I just wasted my time watching that, Trump can't be that stupid can he? I just lost what little respect I had left for him.

Old 09-28-2015, 11:37 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I'm watching 60 minutes right now on video. That interviewer is SO dumb. I don't think he must have done very well in school because a lot of the questions that he is asking Trump, he should know the answer for. He, like me, should remember when there were tariffs on incoming goods to keep the goods coming in on a level ground with US made products.

With the "wall", I'd tell Mexico if you want trade, you'll pay for the "wall". What, they will proclaim war on the US? Even the companies that have relocated there will have no choice but to chip in to pay for the wall to get their goods in or with a tariff, they'll pay for the "wall". Gee, I am surprised that people know so little about economics. We really need to look at our educational system and make it one that prepares our citizens to have the tools they need to make and support decisions that would be good for our country.

When we had a strong military, other countries didn't mess with us because they knew we could blow them off the face of the earth.

Obamacare? Trump is right on that. Many of our hospitals are in sorry financial shape so I think they would be more than open to listening to any plan that might keep them open. Here, physicians are closing up shop as well as dentists and other medical providers.

We used to do great. Why couldn't we do that again?

Also, I don't understand why Trump has to fit into an exact party since the other candidates don't. I thought Republicans opposed abortion and illegal immigration BUT if you think they all do, you better read up on their policies.

So what if all the covers in Trump's office have him on the cover? Talk about nitpicking. Oh, that's right, pride is not PC except for "special" groups.

I think media is stupid to single out a candidate like this. Trump is exposing the media for what they are. He'll gain sympathy votes for the way he is being treated.

Thin-skinned is not defending yourself when you are constantly under attack. Trump against ignorance appears to be more challenging than his vying for the nomination. If people were simply more educated and more aware of history and economics, Trump wouldn't have to spend so much time educating them and could talk more about his plans. When you start with having to dispel general "ignorance", it takes a lot of time especially when the people are so determined not to try to understand.

Trump is doing great! The media, not so much. I emailed CBS, yeah I know it wont' matter, and told them to please use interviewers capable of understanding history and economics so they don't look so ignorant.
Pictures on the wall, you call it nit pickng, I call it egotistica : We already have a President that is in love with himself, we don't need another one, who is even worse.

So you don't see him as thin skinned, because he is being attacked? what the heck has he done to almost everyone from women, to war a war hero, and to Mexicans? Ok, so he back tracked to some degree, but what he said was as insulting as anything could be.

As for dentists and doctors closing up shop, I have no idea where you live, but we certainly have not seen any evidence of that. We did have a few doctors decide to retire early or go to work at our VA hospital because of Obama care. YOu think with Trumps plan things will be better?

I will buy one some you have said; he is intelligent but high iq doesn't make for good common steet smart sense. This is his downfall.

Old 09-28-2015, 11:44 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,951,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What plans?

He said little but 'I'm wonderful, people like me, my economy's gonna grow real fast' with no specifics about just how that'd be done or how some of his other 'plans' would be paid for.

And people say he's not a politician.
I have to laugh at these type of posts.....people who do absolutely no research and can't be bothered to visit the candidate's website (where his positions are clearly laid out) but instead rely on a few video clips of rallys and then claim "NO SPECIFICS". Geez.

Old 09-28-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Pelley scored huge when made Trump admit that if he loses the nomination or the election, he will go back to running Trump Inc. This alone disqualifies him to be president.
What do you expect him to do? Name one candidate who will do absolutely nothing after the election if they are not chosen to be president. Of course he will return to business if he doesn't win. That's only common sense, and in no way disqualifies him to be president. What a ridiculous statement.

Rather than "scoring big" Pelley proved himself to be a combative interviewer with a low level of professionalism. Rather than asking thoughtful questions and drawing out information, Pelley constantly interrupted with disparaging accusations throughout the interview. 60 Minutes is NOT what it used to be. I have no respect for that kind of "journalism".

Old 09-28-2015, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
^^^This. All we know is everything he's 'planning' is going to be the best, (h)uge, amazing, or just insert any adjective you can come up with. Unfortunately, he just talks in circles avoiding giving any answers/numbers. He IS a total blowhard, which I totally expected.
Another uninformed poster who can't be bothered to do much more than watch a few video clips or read hatchet pieces on the internet. Want figures? Here's his tax plan:

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/tax-reform

Old 09-28-2015, 11:59 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Insulting Trump's supporters is tactic used when one can't attack the candidate's message. As I asked the previous poster, which candidate do you support and what have they said that makes them better than Trump?
Personally, I think we are mainly dealing with Democrats with all this negativity. And, WaldoKitty, can you blame them? Seriously, give them a break and try to put yourself in their place, just imagine the anguish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Poor Trump. With every interview he and then his fans say it was unfair. Why? Because he gets asked questions that he doesn't answer except for a canned "I am the greatest" type rhetoric, so he gets asked again. For example, when he was asked how we're going to pay for all the things he says he's going to do if he lowers the taxes on everyone Trump says we'll have so many jobs coming back to America we'll have the money. That may sound nice, but it's a non-answer to everyone but the gullible.
We are not "fans", we are voters. I am sure you just don't remember America like Trump and many of his supporters. I hope you get to know what American was like before we lost all the jobs and were infested with illegal immigrates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Just another strike against him, but the truth of the other topics, may outweigh that little tid bit.
Personally, I feel everyone should have to pay taxes, if one person has to pay them.
Then there is my stance for taxing, based upon income. Punishing the productive, is counter productive to economic strength of the nation.
I don't agree with that. People with low incomes cannot afford to pay their bills. If you are barely getting by, taxes will eat you alive. What are you advocating? Flat tax. That would be no breaks for the wealthy. Might work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
jTell us where and when Mr Trump said anything about them deporting themselves. I do agree, make sure they are here legally before they get hired and anyone here illegally gets not one penny from the government, but the fact still is: no one can send them all back. It would be physically impossible. I might also add, I retired from a company that checked papers very carefully before hiring anyone, but what do you want to bet, some of those hired were illegals. It isn't hard to get a phony green card. Now, if they deport themselves, great, but this can be accomplished regardless of who is our President. Has it ever dawned on you how many are pobably working indirectly for Trump that are illegals?
Do you really think he doesn't realize this and so does everyone else that has a clue? See, they get free emergency medical and they go to the emergency room 3 times more than a citizen. They'll simply have more anchor babies to finance themselves. We now have E-verify but most employers won't use it. I ran through the local companies and I could guess before I got the answer who did and who did not E-verify. And, no, they are not self-deporting now so it does seem to matter who the President is.

Well, Trump said he had a lot of people working for him and contractors but I also did not hear him say that any working for his companies or contractors would not have to leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Pelley scored huge when made Trump admit that if he loses the nomination or the election, he will go back to running Trump Inc. This alone disqualifies him to be president.
I don't remember exactly what was said but I thought it was the election which leaves him running as an independent. What did you think he would do? Give up his all his money and join a Buddhist community to find peace while our country goes down the pooper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Nobody is buying that except some Trumpets. If he continues with the same empty rhetoric his numbers will keep dropping.
See, we don't believe his numbers are dropping or that his "rhetoric" is empty. If you understand economics, that would be helpful, as well as, how things used to be done when our country was the greatest and other countries didn't hate us. Ah, the good ole' days. His support is growing as the message gets out. A politician that couldn't be bought? Who would have thought that might be possible in their lifetime.

I don't think we need to worry about Trump losing.

Old 09-28-2015, 12:11 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
That's a pretty low bar.
Not as low as those who use the term. Ask them, for example, to define "left-winger". LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections