Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 12:14 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Personally, I think we are mainly dealing with Democrats with all this negativity. And, WaldoKitty, can you blame them? Seriously, give them a break and try to put yourself in their place, just imagine the anguish.
Can't say that I've had the equivalent experience of anguish. Maybe when I had to have hernia surgery, but that's about as close as I can come. And even that didn't cloud my judgment with delusion.

But you are correct, they do seem to be a quite unhappy lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 12:16 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,214,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Not as low as those who use the term. Ask them, for example, to define "left-winger". LOL.
From a far right wingers' perspective, anything to the left of them is a left winger.

Old 09-28-2015, 12:25 PM

26,579 posts, read 14,467,299 times
here's a transcript from some of the interview. i've only skimmed over a bit but it seems that trump is delusional on what exactly is within the president's power. he seems to be under the idea that if he clicks his ruby heels together three times he can bypass congress and end NAFTA ( or control china's currency ).

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/donal...065271526.html

Old 09-28-2015, 12:31 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,293,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
What do you expect him to do? Name one candidate who will do absolutely nothing after the election if they are not chosen to be president.
I was being sarcastic. What did he expect him to say? I’ll jump off the Trump Tower?

Old 09-28-2015, 01:05 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
From a far right wingers' perspective, anything to the left of them is a left winger.
Not much different from those, especially on this board that are not even far to the left but they think all Republicans are nutty right wingers. When it comes to Trump, he isn't either, he is a Trumpacan and has no idea where he falls in the relm of politics. It is ok to have views on both sides, an open minded adult should have that, but his way is so extreme in everythng it is hard to decide what is real and what is make believe.

Old 09-28-2015, 01:12 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,214,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Not much different from those, especially on this board that are not even far to the left but they think all Republicans are nutty right wingers. When it comes to Trump, he isn't either, he is a Trumpacan and has no idea where he falls in the relm of politics. It is ok to have views on both sides, an open minded adult should have that, but his way is so extreme in everythng it is hard to decide what is real and what is make believe.
From what I have seen, people on the left tend to know what a Centrist, Moderate Republican, and far right winger are. Though on this forum site, there is a large number of far right wingers posting.

Obviously when it comes to Trump, he lives in Trump World where everything is the best and huge because he is involved. The funny thing is there are a number of far right wingers that are eating up this nonsense coming from Trump.

Old 09-28-2015, 01:26 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,671,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
How will it not work? It is very simple....

You remove their opportunity to work by required employers to self enforce
You remove their ability to get free crap by revoking welfare

THEY WILL DEPORT THEMSELVES!! BAZINGA>>>> easy peazy
Which seems to be the base of the Trump support.
Once more here is the truth. Laid out in black and white.

5 immigration myths debunked - Nov. 20, 2014

A 2007 Congressional Budget Office (CBO) report on the impact of undocumented immigrants on the budgets of local and state governments cited IRS figures showing that 50% to 75% of the about 11 million unauthorized U.S. immigrants file and pay income taxes each year.

Take Social Security. According to the Social Security Administration (SSA), unauthorized immigrants -- who are not eligible to receive Social Security benefits -- have paid an eye-popping $100 billion into the fund over the past decade.

Undocumented immigrants do not qualify for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, and most other public benefits. Most of these programs require proof of legal immigration status and under the 1996 welfare law, even legal immigrants cannot receive these benefits until they have been in the United States for more than five years.

The only way to stop food stamps and assistance from going to Anchor babies and their parents spending the money, which is the only form of welfare available to illegals, is to have a constitutional amendment to revoke the 14th amendment. Nobody is talking about that as even the stupid among us know it is undo able.

Rank idiots actually believe that illegals who have been here 10 or more years and have american citizen children are going to self deport? Not a chance. Not a thread of a chance. You'll have to find each one individually, drag them kicking and screaming while a dozen cell phones record the whole brutal exercise for release to every local media outlet and you'll have to do it for each and every one of those 11 million. You will need clubs, tasers and guns. And if you decide to go that route, God have mercy on your useless souls.

Idiocy, pure unadulterated idiocy.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-28-2015 at 04:22 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 09-28-2015, 01:49 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,321,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

We are not "fans", we are voters. I am sure you just don't remember America like Trump and many of his supporters. I hope you get to know what American was like before we lost all the jobs and were infested with illegal immigrates.
Trump fans may or may not vote but you're still fans all the same. Fans are enthusiastic devotees who ignore anything he does that is contradictory, crude, rude and unworkable in the real world. I've followed his career since his first book in 1981. He's a phony, me-first, blowhard.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:00 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,480,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killing time View Post
I want to like Trump, but he needs new material. Issues are complex and the devil is in the details. I want to get rid of the illegal aliens too but his plan of deporting everyone and then letting back the good ones is madness, it won't work.
He's doing what he knows. He's a salesman afterall - in the same food chain as used cars salemen......they're going to say stuff that makes you buy their product whether it is truthful or not. Read Art of the Deal and you'll see what he's up to.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:09 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,963,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
From what I have seen, people on the left tend to know what a Centrist, Moderate Republican, and far right winger are. Though on this forum site, there is a large number of far right wingers posting.

Obviously when it comes to Trump, he lives in Trump World where everything is the best and huge because he is involved. The funny thing is there are a number of far right wingers that are eating up this nonsense coming from Trump.
The problem with your bolded statement is that EVERYONE who isn't a far left wing nutjob is painted as a "far right winger."

In other words, most posters on the left do not believe "Centrist, Moderate Republicans" exist. If they did, they wouldn't resort to the blanket smear almost 100% of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections