Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 12:09 PM

73,081 posts, read 62,717,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I don't care what you asked. All I'm demonstrating is that opinions are just that and everyone has one. If it's ok to look out for just you then it's ok for everyone to do that but you seem to think people are racists or are using racist thoughts when they do this, that's all.
Well, your response shows irrational thinking. It also shows fear of answering. Just to be polite, I will answer, but I expect you to do the same. Foryou information, I never said for anyone else not to look out for themselves. In fact, I said I don't expect anyone to look out for me like I can look out for me. And I was not speaking of groups. I was speaking in personal terms. I can only work with what I have. Now, for my question. What things do you mean, what policies are you talking about that I might consider "racist "? And what did you mean by "Obama's type"?

Old 10-08-2015, 12:42 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,182,122 times
Threads like this show me that Democrats are no different when it comes down to ridiculous bs in order to "win"..

Right going after Hillary email scandal
Left now claims Trump is 'racist'
right after they throw granny off the cliff to pass Obamacare, claim Republicans hate blacks, the poor, women blah blah blah..

At some point, it all becomes noise..

Old 10-08-2015, 01:00 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,458,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, your response shows irrational thinking. It also shows fear of answering. Just to be polite, I will answer, but I expect you to do the same. Foryou information, I never said for anyone else not to look out for themselves. In fact, I said I don't expect anyone to look out for me like I can look out for me. And I was not speaking of groups. I was speaking in personal terms. I can only work with what I have. Now, for my question. What things do you mean, what policies are you talking about that I might consider "racist "? And what did you mean by "Obama's type"?
I have no idea what you are talking about with "Obama's type". I do know he is a race agitator so if that's what you mean then ok, there are MANY out there, even on this forum. You tell us what policy you consider racist, you are the one who said it not me. You are worried about Trump getting in because you think he is a racist and will put policies in place that will affect you. That's what you said. We have ALL seen what Obama is about and that's about agitation and division, you might not see it because it works in your favor and you most likely approve of it. Maybe others will approve of another POTUS doing it in reverse. If that happens you can't complain because you are reaping the benefits of this one now. Again, you seem to consider people who are out to protect their own racists but it's ok for you to look out for yourself. It seems very hypocritical to say the least. So maybe you should answer your own question, what policies would you be afraid Trump might put out?

Old 10-08-2015, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I'm not wasting my time, I have read several of your posts and you do say things racially motivated against whites I was just seeing if you'd admit it or not. Did you unfriend yourself on FB yet? Anyway, I wasn't talking about you personally in my last post, I was just restating what you said and it's a human trait to do so. Who wants something that is detrimental to their own survival but ensures the survival of others? Nobody but nuts do that. It's just the laws of nature.
When have I said anything racially motivated about Whites? When have I said things about Whites in general? Better yet, I can find posts where I've said "not all", as in I emphasize that it doesn't apply to everyone.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:28 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,288,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Trump Management and many of the rental property owners I've known (including my former boss) have the same tenant criteria. No non-whites, and no Section 8. They manage to get away with it. This isn't news. It's more common than you think.
It may be common, but I seriously doubt you would hear the other landlords who use this criteria stating "I have a great relationship with the blacks!"

Old 10-08-2015, 05:40 PM

8,579 posts, read 11,003,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
It may be common, but I seriously doubt you would hear the other landlords who use this criteria stating "I have a great relationship with the blacks!"

I certainly have a great relationship with my black tenants.
Section 8 as it relates too me, is just too much government red tape. It has nothing to do with the type of people who are on section 8.

If the rules for property owners were a bit different, I would get involved with the section 8 program.

Bob.

Old 10-09-2015, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I certainly have a great relationship with my black tenants.
Section 8 as it relates too me, is just too much government red tape. It has nothing to do with the type of people who are on section 8.

If the rules for property owners were a bit different, I would get involved with the section 8 program.

Bob.
The only thing I know about Section 8, from my middle class perspective is free rent. Othrr than that, I have never really thoght much about it.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:10 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,866,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I was a Trump supporter until I read about this!

...is what you hope people will say. (is this the big one?!?)
Well I have never been a Trump supporter, but some of his ideas are not bad and we are all ready for new ideas. That being said, I think, if this one doesn't do him in, there will be one soon that will. I have always thought, he doesn't really care about being president, he just loves the attention and will keep on saying whatever he takes to get his name on the front page.

Old 10-09-2015, 04:34 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,374,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The only thing I know about Section 8, from my middle class perspective is free rent. Othrr than that, I have never really thoght much about it.
Section 8 is much ado about nothing. It is extremely limited in supply and many landlords don't take it.

It's pretty disgraceful for posters to associate that with African Americans. It's about income eligibility, not race. Like the term "welfare queen."

Old 10-09-2015, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Section 8 is much ado about nothing. It is extremely limited in supply and many landlords don't take it.

It's pretty disgraceful for posters to associate that with African Americans. It's about income eligibility, not race. Like the term "welfare queen."
I would imagine many landlords don't take it.

It doesn't surprise me that there are people associating this stuff with Blacks. Whenever I hear "welfare queen", in the back of my mind, I do wonder. Do said persons saying this mean any woman who is on welfare, or are said persons thinking of Black women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections