Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2015, 07:41 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Police experts responded today contradicting doc's advice..... Doc is speaking outside of his expertise again.
Another thing, Why are schools having drills teaching students to throw chairs and erasers at a gunman if it's such a stupid thing to do? Actually attacking the gunman is smarter than throwing erasers at him, that will just annoy him further and get more people killed. Subduing them is the BEST option.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Oh, don't try and turn this around on me or others when you get called out on your own threads. It's not me starting multiple malicious threads on a very popular black republican.
Don't even bother. Left wing women are some of the nastiest ignoramuses out there.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:43 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Oh, don't try and turn this around on me or others when you get called out on your own threads.
You don't like it that one of your darlings sounds like an idiot whenever he speaks, so you're lashing out at those of us who point it out. I get it.

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-08-2015 at 07:49 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 10-08-2015, 07:50 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Don't even bother. Left wing women are some of the nastiest ignoramuses out there.
I'm starting to realize there may also be much more closet racism there than I thought. Very sad.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:56 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
I'm starting to realize there may also be much more closet racism there than I thought. Very sad.
Apparently it's racist to call out Republicans who say stupid things now. I suppose I'm racist for pointing out that Donald Trump is saying some pretty stupid things as well?

Old 10-08-2015, 07:58 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
I am sure you folks are just to culturally disadvantaged to understand what Ben was attempting to get across to people, but, I get it. The instruction that is given to these schools is to "shelter in place" and wait for help to arrive. Now, given that these crazies like to attack people in "gun free zones" with signs outside to announce such a policy, this directive is wrong and has been causing many lives to be lost. If students were told that their chances of survival was to rush to fool with the gun at the same time he may very well be stopped and disarmed, as evidenced by the three guys on the train in france. It may well be that if every school would announce such a policy that these freaky crazy fools would think twice before going to a school to shoot people that he knew had been told to attack him instead of hiding under a table or whatever. Common sense!! Sorry I forgot who I was trying to get to think a little bit.
This school was not a gun free zone.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:00 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
They were interviewing people and most said they didn't want him to come because he politicized.
Sounds like media is politicalizing it for ratings.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
This school was not a gun free zone.
You need to educate yourself on that. Yes they were. Although the law stated people were allowed to carry on campus the school was allowed to put rules in banning them inside the building which they did.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:15 AM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
No, I am saying that several people should rush the shooter, all at the same time. I am not and never have been in law enforcement, but, I have received training in how best subdue assaultive people without being armed. Being armed would be the best way. But, if a person, even if he has a gun/rifle or whatever is rushed by many people at once, he may well be overwhelmed before he shoots one or two of them and even at that he might not be able to really aim well and they might not be shot fatally. A good example of this is the brave man that tried to stop the shooter in Oregon and was shot 7 times and still survived. This should be taught in every school and for that matter all over the united states. Come on people, we have got to fight!
Delusional. Good God, you can hardly induce people in a line at McDonald's to act in concert for their mutual benefit of getting a quick cheeseburger and you seem to believe it's going to happen with a gun pointed at them?

But hey, if you want to play Rambo go ahead and knock yourself out. Maybe Carson will be there to back you up. Or maybe not.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Delusional. Good God, you can hardly induce people in a line at McDonald's to act in concert for their mutual benefit of getting a quick cheeseburger and you seem to believe it's going to happen with a gun pointed at them?

But hey, if you want to play Rambo go ahead and knock yourself out. Maybe Carson will be there to back you up. Or maybe not.
lol, is that why schools are teaching kids to throw chairs and erasers at an attacker? You can sit idly by and tremor in fear as you get shot in the head, I'll take my chances and try to survive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.