Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2012, 08:03 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,411,561 times

Advertisements

Uncle Tom how dare he go against Obama?

Dr. Ben Carson on Impact of ObamaCare on Patients | Fox Business Video
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 08:07 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,642,888 times
What is so shocking about that?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:08 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,418,516 times
Didn't you just post in the thread about racist posts being allowed on CD, and claim that you saw no racist posts? And yet here you are starting this thread. Can I just ask, what exactly is your goal with this thread?

Old 11-16-2012, 08:22 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,646,068 times
So let me get this straight. Carson is not only a doctor, he's also black, and therefore his opinion is particularly relevant to us? Something about he's black, Obama's black, therefore the fact that he doesn't support the Affordable Care Act is damning?

I couldn't listen to the link at work, but I found another post (from a right wing source--sorry) takling about Carson's opposition to the Affordable Care Act. Here's what is attributed to him:

So why doesn’t Dr. Carson believe Obamacare will provide better outcomes for people in circumstances similar to those of his own childhood? Because countries like Canada and Great Britain have already tried similar plans for decades, and those plans are now failing their patients. In an April interview with World Magazine, Dr. Carson explained, “Great Britain and some other places with socialized medicine are looking at privatization because they're running out of money. The problem with socialized medicine is that you can't seem to keep up with costs over the course of time, so you have to ration.”

If this is an accurate quotation it demonstrates that Carson's opinion is of limited relevance to this discussion because the Affordable Care Act does not, in fact, create a system that is similar to those in effect in Canada and England. Notwithstanding the herculean efforts of right-wingers, both in the Congress and on these boards, the Affordable Care Act does not create socialized medicine it continues the system of relying primarily on insurance companies to fund health care. I think this is a misguided solution because it keeps the parasites in business, but whether you agree with me or not, no objective observer would say that the Affordable Care Act is the same as or even similar to the English and Canadian systems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies