Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 12:42 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,530,556 times

Advertisements

I think they'll be lucky to break 5-6 million for this snoozefest. I don't think expectations are very high that we'll hear anything new, they'll all tow the party line. Besides, who are we talking about? Hillary, Col. Sanders, and two other guys we never heard of. Pretty sure CNN isn't going to throw any hardballs, ask Hillary a question, get a canned answer, move on to next question, ask Col. Sanders a question, he'll tell you how there's going to be a (KFC) chicken in every pot, he just can't tell who's going to pay for the chicken, ask the other guys a question then ignore them. Real predictable.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:43 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,671,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I'm going to be at a must-go-to meeting tomorrow when the debate starts so I may never see it unless CNN re-runs it later in the night. You may have to tell me if Hillary wore prisoner orange.

But seriously, you know what I hate about debate regulars? It's that thumb nail under the curled forefinger while the rest of the hand is in fist mode semi point gesture. That's what anal speech makers do or presenters do at conferences. The candidates look like tightly wound control freaks when they do it with their robotic voices and you know who you are Hillary Clinton, Marco Rubio, Carly Fiorina and others. I say, "Let the hands fly!" Throw out a few karate chop hand moves when you want to cut something out of a program or budget. Pinch your nose if you get a stinky question. Fling both your open hands up in the air when you say, "What difference does it make?" Lift your hands in surrender mode when you want to say, "Who me?" Give the old floppy hand forward bend at the wrist move when you mean, "Get outta here!" If someone says something nice about you, blow them a kiss. Slam the fist into the open palm in the other hand when you want to figuratively hit someone that makes you mad. Point at the guy you are calling out. And if they make this debate 3 hours long, don't be afraid to drum your fingers on the podium, candidates! Oh yeah, and raise your hand if you have to pee so the camera guy knows not to point the camera at an empty podium. Debating is a spectator sport. Give us a break at home.
You are So Politically InCorrect !!

Only Trump has the Realness and the confidence to be himself, to express a winning personality.

That CNN cockroach convention is a collection of YES men/women puppets.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:49 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,099,271 times
I'll go with 14 million. Progressives watched the Republican debate just to mock it.

Conservatives will probably end up watching baseball or the Hallmark channel.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:04 PM

998 posts, read 665,930 times
Clinton, Sanders, O'Malley, Web, Chafee... all are rich, white, old people.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:09 PM

37,185 posts, read 19,241,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
Clinton, Sanders, O'Malley, Web, Chafee... all are rich, white, old people.
Sanders has a published net worth of $528,000, which is less than a lot of posters on this board. He's not rich because he isn't bought like the rest of them.

Bernie isn;t putting on an act. He's campaigning on the same things he's been saying for 30 years. He's going to be the standout in tomorrow's debate.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:10 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,963,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Sanders has a published net worth of $528,000, which is less than a lot of posters on this board. He's not rich because he isn't bought like the rest of them.

Bernie isn;t putting on an act. He's campaigning on the same things he's been saying for 30 years. He's going to be the standout in tomorrow's debate.
$528K is pretty good considering he hasn't had a private sector job in the past 30 years.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

He's still far wealthier than the average 80 year old in this country (or however old he is). Where's the diversity in the democratic party? Hard to take them seriously when these are the type of people they carry to national elections.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:14 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
C'mon. It's just a guess. How many million will watch the first Democrat debate on CNN? We'll check back Wednesday to see who came the closest.

It is the first one so I'm going to go with 16 million.
I would guess no more than that: it probably will not be nearly as interesting as the Rs have been.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:24 PM

Democratic voters don't really watch debates... they get their political news from Facebook, Twitter, or Comedy Central in very simple spoon-fed doses. You can't expect political discourse to hold the attention of these people. Sure, a few of them might watch, but probably only a few minutes before flipping the channel to Dancing with the Stars or whatever they do to pass their time. The candidates know their target audiences.. they'll promise them a lot of "free stuff" and a free ride within the first few minutes while they still have their attention. And rest assured that the all white (and mostly) wealthy lineup will accuse the Republican party of being racist fat cats.

Old 10-12-2015, 02:02 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
Progressives watched the Republican debate just to mock it.
This has to be one of the funnier things that I think I have read on this forum in the last bit.

Yet very true. Certainly sums up "progressive" thinking these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections